《狙击蝴蝶》+ “The Room Next Door” + Racing lunch @ Samy's Curry + Potato's Friends In Concert performance & dinner

2/8/26 Sun: Potato cooked rosti with seared salmon and added sides of cherry tomatoes with coral lettuce for dinner~ yummy!

3/8/26 Mon: Accompanied dad to see the physiotherapist at NTFGH this morning for his routine follow-up. She said there’s only minimal improvement because he might not have done the exercises correctly or didn’t do it who knows?

Cooked tom yam noodles with dumplings, crabsticks, bok choy, egg, mushrooms and enoki shrooms for dinner~

Finished watching《狙击蝴蝶》starring周柯宇and陈妍希at night.

岑矜(陈妍希饰)和小11岁的少年李雾(周柯宇饰)之间的爱情很甜蜜!两人虽然真实年龄差了19岁,但荧幕上毫无违和感呢哈哈~ 有被他们甜到,但现实来讲还是很难的吧……

Rating: 3.75/5

4/8/26 Tues: Barreless-sculpt class with Esther this morning was a good sweat-out as usual~ my thighs omg!

Potato treated us to salmon don for dinner and we had it with cherry tomatoes and coral lettuce~ Watched “The Room Next Door” on Netflix.

Ingrid (Tilda Swinton) and Martha (Julianne Moore) are good friends from the same magazine company previously. Ingrid has cervical cancer stage three and wishes to die on her own accord, but she wants company, and invited Martha to be with her at her "holiday home". Martha fears death, but was willing to accompany Ingrid, whom she knew would take her own life at some point because she didn't want to let "death find her" instead. 

It was straightforward, but painful for Martha. I thought she was strong. Here she is learning how to hold on to hopes with the plain sight of her friend's death (“There’s lots of ways to live inside a tragedy"), and there was her ex-boyfriend cum professor dashing hopes (telling his son not to have more children because he sees huge sadness in what the world is becoming...). Intriguing.

Rating: 3.5/5

5/8/26 Weds: Met Mike, Zdin, Zwan, Aman, and Brian and Wilfred for the first time over lunch at Samy's Curry at Demsey~ boss' treat!

My first visit to the place but apparently, it's Brian's regular haunt. Mike ordered curry fish, mutton, chicken and even crabs for us all~ Brian's like 76 or 77 already but he still has a rather clear mind, and even shared about his son who's a professor at York and studies Egyptology~ Wil's quite cool with his funky glasses haha! And man they've all worked for more than 30 years at SPH omg~
Potato cooked chicken, mushrooms, enoki and bok choy with cream spaghetti for dinner... yummy! 

6/8/26 Thurs: Han used Fu Yuan therapy on my back this afternoon during my massage session. It was warm. She said I’m very heaty this time and advise me not to drink tonic soup, eat fried or sour and spicy stuff for the time being but then… 

Mum cooked spicy and sour grouper, prawn paste chicken and tonic chicken soup for dinner LOL! They’re still nice and I still ate la haha~

7/8/26 Fri: Pilates reformer with Albee was okay, then had fish slices bee hoon soup at Happy Hawkers with Potato for lunch before I go for eyebrow trimming at Leng Leng’s after like five or more years lol! She still charge $3 for that and I’m just happy with the small trim hehe~

Had a tele-consult with the Polyclinic doctor about my lower spine x-ray and he said everything looked fine, just mild wear and tear and there was no obvious issues with the bones. So, he recommends I go with the physiotherapist first and see if it could help relieve with this possible muscular issue.

Had zichar dinner with my in-laws for dinner and Potato helped them with a few technical issues. MIL can walk with her walking stick now and she seemed to have improved a bit, but it’s understandable she’s affected by it psychologically too. 

8/8/26 Sat: PotaTOHs went四马路观音庙and Marina Square because I wanted to buy some exercise outfits from Andar... spent $218 for two tops and one pants lol. Also, out of curiosity, I paid $2 for a "palm reading" again because Potato saw that vintage Bocca Della Verita machine. The first line and it's "Engrish" though LOL~

Potato cooked Bolognese penne for dinner~ he added both chilli and ketchup sauce from MOS Burger... yummy!
9/8/26 Sun: *I'm suddenly seeing a tiny flashing circle in my left eye when I move my eyeball fast since Friday evening. It disappeared for most of the day on Saturday until at night. And I'm seeing it frequently again on Sunday. Hoping it's not a retinal tear or something. Have contacted NTFGH to expedite my eye check asap.* 
Potato cooked cold soba with chicken gyoza, along with miso soup with bok choy and mushrooms. We tried the yuzu pepper in the dipping sauce, but maybe the portion was too little, there was not much difference in taste. Added wasabi into it and you get the wasabi flavour minus the spiciness.

10/8/26 Mon: Attended Barreless-Sculpt with Linh this morning and we were both tired from the workout haha~ Caught up a bit with her and she seemed to be busy with work, which sounds good.
Potato made meatless for dinner. He followed a recipe and microwaved this cold dish mix  (mirin, soy sauce, grated garlic, water and sugar) with enoki shrooms, Japanese cucumber and red capsicum, before frying eggs himself too. We thought it was okay and got saltier towards the end, though the marinate tasted good.
11/8/26 Tues: Did大光明meditation and as always, I try to have that "me time" all to myself, despite random thoughts popping up during the process. Cooked wafu-style spaghetti with pork belly slices as usual, but I added enoki shrooms, red capsicum, bok choy and cabbage to the mix this time. Pork was a bit tough lol. 

12/8/26 Weds: Cycled for 45minutes or so at the MSCP and roof garden because it has been some time since I last cycled. Was rather uncomfortable because the seat was very high for me and the knob for the adjustment was too stiff lol. 

Potato and I had similar idea for dinner because we both wanted to use the rice paper with prawns. In the end, we went with his pan-fried prawn paste rice paper pizza. He also stir-fried celery, enoki and potato slices to go with our cup noodles from Beijing airport. The sour and spicy pork one I had was not bad, but he found his seafood one so-so.

13/8/26 Thurs: Did some hooks with Nishy in aerial yoga class and damn both my calves got a bit cramped probably 'cause I landed them too hard in the crossed straps lol. The standing flip was still tough for me but Nishy's pointers of not straightening the elbows (lower body weight would get too heavy for the arms) before going straight upside down does help, albeit I need a lot more practice.
Had dinner at my parents'. Mum said her arms felt so itchy the night before she scratched them and found her blood vessels broke, hence the red patches on both hands. I'm concerned and hope it's nothing serious but she saw a Chinese doctor the next day and he gave her medicine to stop the itchy and said that happened because her skin is too thin.

14/8/26 Fri: Had my last Pilates beginners' class at One Pilates with YX this morning and it was a good one because it has been a while since I work on the obliques.

15/8/26 Sat: Went to Esplanade to watch Potato play the drums in his “Connect The Beat” group with his other MOE teacher friends~ The singers were off at times probably because they were nervous but he was good hehe~ 

Met up at Galv and Joan’s with Josh, Tiff, SD and Merv. Merv shared about his health scare three weeks ago while Josh opened up about his career move dilemma. Good discussions and I guess that’s what we’re going through in our life phase now. It’s when you have to make a choice between health or indulgence and between family and career. Priorities~
16/8/26 Sun: Busy day at work but enjoyed Potato's clam, cabbage, carrots and Shimeiji shrooms in hot udon and scallop stock!

Comments