Bro’s early bday zichar dinner

17/8/26 Mon: Good deep stretch with PL this morning and I'm quite surprised to see I can do the "bridge" pose quite easily with the help of the blocks, albeit it was quite painful for my wrists.

Potato cooked meatless japchae for dinner with carrots, celery, cabbage, Shimeiji and Shiitake mushrooms~ so thankful because I had an eventful day at work, and I even got emotional at one point while talking to Winston. *Did not know CK Khaw personally, but may he rest in peace.* 

18/8/26 Tues: Aerial yoga in Nishy’s class this morning was quite fun. 

Cooked simple for dinner. Cabbage with carrots and teriyaki chicken with shimeiji shrooms~

19/8/26 Thurs: Went for meditation this morning. Had dinner at my parents and mum’s skin looked a bit better now. 

20/8/26 Fri: Back at Pilates Works for Tower intermediate class with Michelle this morning. The moves were targeted and it aches certain parts at times but overall, it wasn’t too difficult. 

21/8/26 Sat: Ian came over for dinner in the evening and Potato cooked cold corn soba with crabsticks, shrimp gyoza and miso corn soup for dinner! He put more roasted seasame seeds in the blend this time but I found it okay. With yuzu black pepper and shichimi added in it, it tasted better. We all thought pork gyoza tasted better than shrimp’s too.

They shared some sake too.

22/8/26 Sun: Accidentally dropped my glass cup in the toilet this morning while brushing my teeth and it broke into pieces on the toilet floor. Potato was kind enough to help me pick up the shattered pieces but he also cut himself slightly aish.

He cooked cold somen with crabsticks and seared chicken with cabbage and carrot slices for dinner~

24/8/26 Mon: Somehow I always think my gluteal muscles and core are weak in Esther’s barreless-sculpt class because they ache so much after reps of exercises lol.

Cooked udon with celery, mushrooms, egg and dumplings as a simple lunch~ mixed老干妈香辣酱、香菇酱, salt, light soy sauce, mushroom water and a bit of MSG into the base lol... not the best taste but it could do~

25/8/26 Tues: Went for meditation this morning and I'm slowly telling myself to accept my condition on the day as it is because good or bad, it feels different every time.

Tried a new simple recipe featuring prawns, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, garlic and shimeiji shrooms. I added cabbage into the soup. The prawns turned out not bad, though Potato said there's room for improvement for better taste. The soup was too bland however, and though I added light soy sauce, white pepper and even MSG to help, it still lacked the "seafoody" flavour. He reminded me I could add fish sauce in future!

26/8/26 Weds: Had my first reformer pilates with Dana this morning. We did half on the chair and half on the reformer. She goes by the name of the moves like “washer woman”, “swan” and “snake” etc, and I’m still quite unsure about them lol. Difficulty level-wise, it’s easier than Margareth’s class albeit I need to work on my “hundreds” again because now I can barely do it with legs bent aiyoh~

27/8/26 Thurs: Bought zi char for my brother’s early 35th birthday dinner. I thought the coffee pork rib was not bad, but others were okay, including the lemonade chicken he always must have. Fish head soup was a bit bland. 

28/8/26 Fri: Cooked hot soba with cherry tomatoes, chicken gyoza, cabbage, egg, celery, lettuce and shimeiji shrooms for lunch. The soup tasted so sweet and nice with the cherry tomatoes from Cameron Highland!

29/8/26 Sat: Potato treated us to lunch at Ron Sheng fish soup at Plantation Plaza and we bought my favourite chrysanthemum dessert from Nine Fresh too~ 

Made bibimbap for dinner after so long~ and I think I forgot how to make nice sunny side-ups lol.

30/8/26 Sun: Busy day at work and as always, I appreciate Potato's homecooked dinner for me! We had winter gourd and carrot soup and minced pork meat with shimeiji shrooms and carrot slices~ yummy.

31/8/26 Mon: Splits against the wall in deep stretch class this morning were quite challenging, but I did it quite well I think! *Still "imbalanced" and weaker on one side but I can only keep at it I guess!* 

Potato bought 90g of lion mane mushroom for $5... expensive but we got to try it, both seared and unseared. It is softer than shiitake mushroom, but doesn't have that much of a character like the maiitake when it comes to the taste. His meatless cabonara spaghetti with edamame and the lettuce and cherry tomato side was good! 

Comments