Dinner w Potato & Ian @ Tetsu + 《참교육》 (“Teach You A Lesson”) + YB's belated bday dinner @ Acqua e Farina

18/7/26 Sat: Potato treated Ian and me to Japanese dinner ($198) at Tetsu at Orchard Plaza~ We initially wanted to try Yet To Name Ramen but their e-queues were ridiculously long, so we gave up.

We tried their seasonal kochi which was a bit chewy but very good. The 1-for-1 salmon pieces tasted great too. But my favourite would be the black cod which was sweet and tender. 

The hamachi carpaccio and hokke were not bad, though for the latter, we prefer the one from Fishmart Sakuraya. Soft shell crab was okay for me. They had a different take on California roll. They had no avocado but put cheese instead meh. The tempura was disappointing though.

Sat in Ian's new blue Skoda Superb back home and we caught two episodes of "Goblin 10th Anniversary show" together at night. Memories of the k-drama which was so good 10 years ago!

19/7/26 Sun: Potato made bossam for dinner tonight after we watched Goblin's variety show yesterday haha! It was very nice, from the sauce to the maiitake, seared pork belly, kimchi, sunny side-up on rice with furikake and miso soup~ <3

PotaTOHs finished watching 《참교육》 (“Teach You A Lesson”) on Netflix.

10 episodes on educational issues in Korea like bullying, drugs, fights, problematic parents and teachers etc. It was hilarious at times and though the punishment from the Educational Rights Protection Bureau (ERPB), a government agency authorized to use physical, unconventional methods to discipline delinquent students and reform the school system, seemed harsh, it made us question ourselves what other solutions if not so? 

Rating: 3.75/5

20/7/26 Mon: Stayed up to watch Spain VS Argentina in the World Cup finals from 3am to 6+am and it was more like a 11-men Spain team against a 1-man goalkeeper Martinez in the match~ Argentina (and Messi) literally had no chance to shoot at all given how good Spain was at controlling the ball and pace. Loved watching them do that. Argentinian players were also too physical and didn't leave a good impression at all. Glad Spain won 1-0 in the end after knocking on the post so many times!

21/7/26 Tues: Went for meditation this morning and it always feels quite good afterwards. Potato cooked Japanese curry rice for dinner with lady's fingers, mushrooms, carrots, onions, potatoes and chicken, albeit he put a bit too much sushi vinegar into the rice mix haha.

22/7/26 Weds: Attended Albee’s beginner pilates reformer class at One Pilates this morning and the routines were similar to her previous classes. Only core work was a bit tiring for me, others were okay. Glad we worked the triceps too.

23/7/26 Thurs: Barreless-barre with Agnes this morning was another tiring session but I'm sure I worked hard, especially my legs omg~ 

Dinner at my parents~ 

24/7/26 Fri: Attended YX’s beginners’ reformer class for the first time this morning. She’s better than other instructors here because she explains the theory behind the moves. 

Celebrated YB's belated bday dinner at Acqua e Farina.

I had the linguine crayfish pasta ($36) which was okay. She had Cannelloni ($36). We shared calamari ($32) and shrimps bacon ($27)... the latter that she recommended was quite good. Bill came up to $157.1, but we had a nice time catching up.

25/7/26 Sat: Ian and PotaTOHs ate Qiji fish maw soup and minced pork meat noodle as well as their cockles for dinner. It was good. Their coriander chilli sauce was nice too. We finished watching another two episodes of the 10th Goblin anniversary variety show at night.

26/7/26 Sun: Potato cooked radish and lotus roots' soup and teriyaki salmon for dinner!

27/7/26 Mon: Went to Batok Polyclinic to consult for my left eye pain (felt like it was worse these past two weeks) and eye issue, as well as my achy left hip. After explaining my condition to the doctor, he agreed to send me for a comprehensive eye check at NTFGH. I also did an x-ray scan for my lower spine for my uneven hip issues and left hip ache that has been bothering me since last year. Hurried over to TNP for deep stretch class with PL this morning and man the back bends kill me all the time lol. After lunch, I went back to Polyclinic to collect the Alcon Tears Natural Free preservative-free lubricant eye drops ($15+) that the doctor prescribed me. I hope they can help to relieve my dry eyes better for now.

28/7/26 Tues: *Didn't sleep well and the left side of my neck is achy today~*  Attended Anna's Aerial yoga class this morning. I quite enjoy the start of her class where we will sit and focus in the hammocks~ Perspired as usual during her warm-ups and did a simple flow which was enjoyable. 
Work and online tuition together this afternoon and I was so busy~ my left eye was so tired, albeit the new artificial tear drops helped I guess. Potato cooked cold sweet corn soba for the first time~ the sweet corn puree he blended was so good! It went well with the seared chicken, mushrooms, hard pressed tofu and Japanese cucumber slices~
29/7/26 Weds: Went for my monthly scalp treatment and the hairstylist forgot to apply the keratin essence in the end tsk.
30/7/26 Thurs: Went for大光明meditation this morning. Instead of doing the seated meditation at the end, we chanted观世音圣号for about 20minutes also so. I didn’t know what to do since it was my first time, so I followed the majority. Halfway through, I can’t explain why but I suddenly teared up, felt choked a few times and couldn’t continue singing. Maybe something triggered in me, or maybe it helped relieve some stress from within… interesting. 
Mum cooked chicken feet and lotus root soup for dinner~ one of my favourite!
31/7/26 Fri: Pilates beginner class with YL this morning was nice. Some challenging moves for my thighs because they still ache from deep stretch class I think lol.
Stir-fried potato slices with minced pork meat and it was quite a success, albeit three potatoes for two pax is too much lol. I also accidentally cut my right thumb with the mandoline tsk.
1/8/26 Sat: Played Rummikub with my parents this afternoon. It was more of a memory refresher since we last played it some time ago. Also ate some寿桃because it's观音诞today. I remember this as one of my favourite foods to eat as a kid because I love the sweet lotus paste haha. *往生的话题不容易说起,但如今算是跨出了一小步,以后该较容易跟进。*
Potato cooked seared chicken with cold somen and cherry tomatoes, Japanese cucumbers. He added chilli oil and red onions into the mix this time. Miso soup and tofu to go along too~

Comments