“You Are Here” + lower left hip physiotherapy appointment + "내 남은 연애" + Lo Hey HK Seafood w 30sLGEgang

16/9/26 Weds: Aerial yoga with Nishy this morning was not difficult albeit slightly confusing with the legs in mid-air haha~ 
Potato cooked hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and Japanese cucumber for dinner~ the sauce was salty on its own but went very well with the rest.

17/9/26 Thurs: First reformer intermediate class with Lynette, whom I mistake for another instructor Ruth somehow. She’s also meticulous but a bit long-winded and she doesn’t have the habit of showing us once how to do a certain pose first and it can get a bit confusing for students sometimes just using verbal instructions.
Had dinner at my parents’!

Finished reading “You Are Here” by Thich Nhat Hanh.
Never thought I’d enjoy this so much. It’s not a book on Buddhism, but being in and living the moment. 

It also has taught me that compassion and love is learned through sufferings, which I very much agree. And somehow, I also learned to see life and death a little differently than before: How life doesnt start or end but manifests from one state to another. If we do not worry about this, then life can be truly enjoyable.

“The only way to deal with insecurity, fear and suffering, is to live the present moment in a profound way. If you do that, you will have no regrets.”

I did it on purpose, like walking and know that I’m walking. It felt strange, but it felt good that I knew I was “present” for my walks. 

The poem from the book that can always remind me to be here and live every moment deeply:

In; out.
Deep; slow.
Calm; ease.
Smile: release.

Rating: 4.5/5

18/9/26 Fri: Tower intermediate class with Phoebe this morning and she repeated many moves from last week’s like the “Magician” etc, which were challenging enough poses I can still improve much on!

19/9/26 Sat: Potato accompanied me to Bukit Merah area to return two boxes of Chaglo collagen drink that I bought yet didn't suit me because I'd get all bloated after trying out for a month or so. He also ate his "stupid char siew" rice ($5) at the ABC Brickworks market and food centre lol. I had Penang char kway teow ($5) but it was only so-so. Also ordered grass jelly drink ($1.2) to share~
Potato shallow-fried FIL’s hei zou, fried egg and cooked caixin with carrot slices~ such a nice homely dinner!

21/9/26 Mon: Barre-less Sculpt this morning with Esther and she worked us so hard when it came to conditioning the thighs... so many times I couldn't keep my legs bent anymore because the thighs just jellied and shaked haha~

22/9/26 Tues: Went to Batok polyclinic for my first physiotherapy session for that weird ache in my left hip and glutes area. After some checks and looking at my x-ray, the physiotherapist said my ache should be muscular. He thought it could be mild scoliosis at first, but decided against it after looking at the x-ray and feeling my back. He said it's obvious I have tense muscles on my left lower back, probably because they are compensating because my left muscle and glutes are weaker. We did a series of test and he recommended me to do exercises like bird-dog, bridge for the left glute, side-plank and side stretches with weights for the time being to strengthen by left lower muscles, and hopefully the uneven-ness in my hips (right hip is slightly higher) go away. As for the "knot" I feel in my left hip and the sound made during certain exercises, he said it could be the muscles moving over joints that caused that and as long as it's not painful, it's fine.

Accompanied dad at NTFGH for his consultation with the heart specialist. His heart function is generally okay but the murmurs they heard from him previously could be attributed to the small hole he has in his heart. Doctor said it is most possibly a congenital defect, which could have been fixed if found when he was a baby, but many people lived without ever knowing they have the issue. He said as long as dad doesn't have heart pain or breathless-ness then it's okay to just monitor it.

23/9/26 Weds: Just five lunch deliveries this morning. Also did my physiotherapy moves and it really takes effort and discipline to do it three times a day! Also feel like it’s going to be another busy end of the year for me as my pockets of rest time could get shorter for the time being~

Inspired by the round spinach in hawker centres, Potato made his Japanese style clam udon~ very comforting bowl of home dinner!

24/9/26 Thurs: Used $7 from Activesg wallet to do a body composition assessment at JE sports complex this morning. Just a quick one standing on the InBody 770, just like how I did last November. *I think I’m officially 164cm nowadays haha~* Overall it’s okay, albeit my left arm’s muscle is still less than right by quite a bit under the segmental lean analysis… yes I can feel the obvious difference when using either arm to work. And I need to work on my skeletal muscle mass by doing more resistance training.

Think it will be my last intermediate Pilates class with Lynette. She’s very detailed but I feel like I’m taking theory class when I’m there to just work out lol. I appreciate her sharing and they are good advices, but her teaching style is really not for me.

Went for massage at Multiflora at 4.30pm and Hans and she did mud mask therapy for me to help with blood circulation since my hip ain’t that achy anymore. *damn it’s so hot after half an hour and I could feel it being warm even at night after showering* She’s quite detailed as a masseur and even pinpointed out that my left shoulder might have dislocated a bit previously as she massaged it, when I hadn’t told her about a constant weird pain I experienced a few years ago which I didn’t see a doctor for. My right shoulder joints protrude out a bit due to long-term habit of using the mouse but there’s nothing much to do about it except the constant subconscious reminder to pull it back or not use mouse anymore lol.
Had dinner at my parents’ after that ~ and took the white peach oolong and kaya kopi mooncakes from mum's MBS giftbox haha.

Finished watching "내 남은 연애" (Love Against Time)~
Was curious about this one-week dating reality show because all eight participants are cancer survivors and except for Ryun-gi who is still undergoing chemotherapy, others have gone into remission. Was really say in episode two when I heard their stories and thought these young people are more mature than most of their ages because of what they went through.

Seon-ho is the popular "puppy-looking" guy there and the fireman-to-be decided to be with Ye-ji in the end, albeit I thought he looks good with Na-yeong the older sister too. But the story of how Seon-ho and Ye-ji met six years ago via her blog and supported each other along their cancer journeys sounded really like "destined-to-bes" haha. Glad Ryun-gi ended up with the evergreen Ro-bin because those two are cute together!

Rating: 4/5

25/9/26 Fri: Potato cooked cold soba with duck meat, scallions and round spinach and onions omelette~ yummy!
26/9/26 Sat: Interviewed the boss of Tan Soon Heng Joss Sticks shop at Keat Hong shopping centre this morning and I just felt a bit bothered by the fact that shops like this might not survive in the near future because traditions are gradually lost in the bigger environment.
Met 30sLGEgang for dinner at Lo Hey HK Seafood where Gracie and Anthony could bring Clove along to. They had mainly claypot dishes so we tried the salted egg yolk chicken, kailan, prawn balls and toufu dishes ($142+). The one I liked most was the kailan lol. Also tried their chrysanthemum drink but it was the bitter type. Photos taken using WS and Sidney's Oppo Find X5 Pro phones... nice! The matcha tiramisu from Tsujiri ($11+) was delicious too.
Ended the night at WS and Sidney's condo and we had a fun time with Clove aka "Anthony's girl" around~  
27/9/26 Sun: Potato made Hokkaido style soup curry with chicken, lady's fingers, onions, potatoes and carrots for dinner~ shiok!

28/9/26 Mon: Deep stretch class was quite intense this morning with the back bends and wall splits, but there are challenges I'd like to improve on!
Potato cooked meatless for dinner tonight with scallions and baked shrooms~ maiitake, shimeiji and enoki shrooms~ the sauce was salty on its own so it went better with the rice. 

29/9/26 Tues: Went to NTFGH this morning to check my eyes, especially for my left eye for the long-term strain I'd been experiencing. Very crowded eye clinic where I first did a simple five-minute refraction and acuity test... right eye was good but left eye was more blurry. Did retinal dilation eye drops to check the back of the eye too and the drops left my near vision slightly unclear for the next few hours. In summary, doctor said the back of my eyes looked fine so no retinal tear nor detachment, and that my eye fatigue and the small specks of flashes I see when I blink my left eye should be due to the high myopia degree I have... something to do with the vitreous eye jelly touching some "bank of the eye" and hence. He said there's no medication nor vitamins that can help, so basically just rest more for eye strain and dry eyes. I asked for eye gel to try and he prescribed two tubes for me. 
However, he said my eye pressure was slightly high (22mmHg) picked up from the machines, but when he did a manual test for me, it was 19mmHg, so he said they are normal. Well, it's a relief to know that I didn't have to change my glasses either. But, it seems I'd have to live with the irritating "specks" from now on...
Potato still cooked tonight~ thank you! Minced pork meat with green capsicum, enoki and shimeiji shrooms Bolognese for dinner! 

Comments