"Transformers: Rise of the Beasts" with Potato + “My Morning Routine: How Successful People Start EveryDay Inspired” + Han-yoku & LL’s bday dinner @ T.K小厨

17/6/23 Sat: First race day back in Kranji after the breaking news of STC’s closure. WH snapped a nice photo of Mike and I interviewing Ibrahim haha.

Came home to a nice seafood Alio olio Potato cooked for us!

18/6/23 Sun: Ate at the zichar stall downstair my in-laws’ place before uncle and auntie came and we drank beer there haha. Took home some yummy homemade dumplings by my FIL!

19/6/23 Mon: Had a good Pilates Reformer class with Chisa before I met Potato for some free oden at Chanko Oden at IMM. We ate at Green Dot for our meatless Monday lunch and caught “Transformers: Rise of the Beasts”!

Nice CGI effects!

Rating: 4/5

I tried making the “hand-pulled” king oyster mushroom cold dish for dinner and it turned out nice! Also made a pot of cabbage soup to go along with our home-cooked somen for the first time~ shiok.

20/6/23 Tues: *Signed the retrenchment notice, but my fate’s not signed and sealed with that. Just like how things are still unsettled at the Club now and some staff and the racing fraternity are pinning our hopes on better news to come.*

21/6/23 Weds: Glad that my heart didn’t race like it did as at the last two or three Yin Yoga and Sound Bath classes. Yip took a video of our wheel yoga class too.. for his ‘promotion’ on Facebook probably haha.

22/6/23 Thurs: Did a “superwoman” pose in aerial yoga class with Yip tonight. It was a bit tight on the legs but I did it! Also ate the squid gimbap for supper keke~ not bad!

23/6/23 Fri: Potato accompanied me to Bukit Batok Polyclinic. The blood test result for thyroid came back normal, but as usual, my blood count is low most probably because of Thalassemia, but the doctor wanted me to take another blood test to find out if I could have iron deficiency too. *I took iron tablets many years ago which helped with my iron levels, but stopped because it was a temporary measure anyway.*

My sixth session of香柏木massage and cupping with Carey and she mentioned about pimples on my upper back, which meant that my lungs weren’t as good. *Probably should avoid cupping for the time being.*

Enjoyed oyako don, seafood-flavoured chawanmushi with crabstick, mushroom and scallop, miso soup and marinated Japanese cucumber for dinner~ cooked by my loving Potato keke. The chawanmushi was on the saltier side, so it went well with the blander miso soup.

24/6/23 Sat: Potato cooked dinner and the pork bulgogi went very well with the chilli we brought from Mauritius while the spinach with king oyster mushroom and carrot was yummy!

25/6/23 Sun: Had FIL’s homemade dumplings as lunch~ shiok. Attended restorative yoga class in the evening and it was packed as usual.

26/6/23 Mon: Cooked cold soba with a simple napa cabbage and tomato soup with king oysterm mushroom and veggie dumpling in it for dinner.

27/6/23 Tues: *Should free up some time and go back to doing平甩功after so long!* Yip taught aerial yoga tonight and with one of his stretches, I could do it very well with the right leg but my left leg was very tight in comparison.

28/6/23 Weds: Another staff did the子宫负压按摩for me today but I prefer EQ’s “strength” haha. Cooked wafu-style spaghetti with cabbage and pork belly slices for dinner tonight but it was a bit salty. Felt relaxed and happy in Yin Yoga and Sound bath class and wheel yoga class tonight. *Still haven’t succeeded in the wheel-supported handstand… shall try again!*

29/6/23 Thurs: Headed to Galvin and Joan’s for three rounds of “Unlock” games in the afternoon before we had剪刀剪curry rice for dinner. My pork belly version was not bad, albeit it got “gelard” towards the end. They also bought a strawberry cake to celebrate SD and Galvin’s belated birthdays… it was not bad. *Thanks for driving PY home too, Potato!*

30/6/23 Fri: Angela gave us apom bokwa (pancake made with rice flour, coconut milk and a hue of blue pea flowers) with pengat pisang (banana in thick coconut milk), a Peranakan dessert made by her friend… very sweet but nice when taken in small amount.

1/7/23 Sat: Finished my casual read of “My morning routine: How successful people start every day inspired” by Benjamin Spall and Michael Xander.

Interesting how there’s no right or wrong answer to waking up early or late, exercising, meditating or what time you check your emails…

For me, first thing I’d do is to turn off the alarm clock and wash up right away. Then I have my oatmeal for breakfast, meditate, check my emails and do the dailies on my handphone. I don’t have the habit of turning on the computer or television before I go to work. I’m on “auto-pilot” mode most of the time at work, until I leave office for either dinner at my parents’ or exercise classes.

I gather the most important thing is to make plan, even if you have kids. Yet, what do the interviewees in the book do if things don’t go to plan? They don’t beat themselves up, and one of them shared words from a Tibetan meditation master Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche: “The bad news is you’re falling through the air, nothing to hold on to, no parachute. The good news is there’s no ground.” Hence, I shall make it a point to relax and not be so uptight about things!

And like many of them, I’m trying very hard to incorporate meditation into my daily life. Enjoyed one story I read inside: “One day, the Buddha was speaking to a prince. The prince asked him, “What do you and your monks do in your monastery?” The Buddha said, “We sit and we walk and we eat.” The prince replied, “How are you different, then, from my people, for we do those things as well?” The Buddha responded, “When we sit, we know we are sitting. When we walk, we know we are walking. When we eat, we know we are eating.”

They are mindful of each and every moment while I’m guilty of being “on pilot mode” at times. It’s very hard but I’m learning to “be present”.

Rating: 3.5/5

Potato cooked minced collar meat with green capsicum and spaghetti in tomato base for lunch… a good meal as usual. He drove me over to Han-yoku for my ganbanyoku trial session ($19) with Ahna and LL in the afternoon. It’s not my first time doing it, but it was for Ahna and LL. We sweated for 45 minutes or so in the 45, 46 degrees Celsius-heated room as Ahna and I talked mostly, then did a herbal foot soak for 20 minutes as we enjoyed their dragonfruit and roselle hawthorn enzyme drink and green bean soup before being given a 15minutes massage on the massage chair. We thought the trial was very worth it and I bought the enzyme drinks for us too.

We met Jess for zi char dinner at T.K小厨. We ordered the花蟹泡饭($40) that could feed five to six people, prawn paste chicken, pork rib and potato leaves (total $74) … the crab was sweet and I quite liked the other dishes too. Ended up chit-chatting at the market beside and Ahna treated us like kids and bought us ice-cream, chocolate and sweets lol. *HTHT and I appreciate the fact that we can open up to each other well. I count myself lucky after listening to their stories and I hope we can continue to support each other down the road.* Potato was nice to pick us up close to 12am… <3

2/7/23 Sun: “Played lightbulb” between Mike and Steven in between the races hah!

Came home to my favourite tom yam chicken and enoki dish, winter gourd soup and brocolli~ so shiok!

3/7/23 Mon: The blood test result came out and my level of iron and ferritin were low, so doctor prescribed iron capsules for me to take for a month before another full blood count check again. *Calcium inhibits iron absorption and I need more meat in my diet to help with iron level in body… have to do something about my Meatless Monday plans then…* Had a pretty “rough” time in the evening dealing with overflowing boiling soup and “flying black fungus” lol~ but I still managed to put out the meatless dishes on the table in the end haha!

4/7/23 Tues: *I wont beat myself up for the disappointing meeting with the CHRO. In the end, they don’t want to budge but yet they also don’t have a satisfactory answer to convince that my argument don’t stand either. Glad I had the courage to speak up to the management because I am a timid person by nature haha~ There’s always the first step out in the real world. We have to take initiatives and stand up for ourselves.* Enjoyed a flow workout in aerial yoga class tonight and though it was a bit tiring, I still managed to do both sides hehe!

5/7/23 Weds: I cooked udon in hot soba sauce with pork belly meat, bok choy, fishball, black fungus shroom and enoki shroom for dinner~ tasted not bad yay!

Relaxed very well in Yin Yoga and Sound Bath class and quite enjoyed the wheel yoga tonight too.

6/7/23 Thurs: Belinda’s Pilates reformer class was tougher compared to Chisa’s and the flow wasn’t as smooth… oh well.

Potato bought salmon sashimi slices from NTUC ($11.80), seared the duck meat slices and made miso soup for our dons during dinner~ so shiok! The salmon tasted really fresh tonight too!

Comments