Impromptu dinner visit from Ben +《华灯初上》+ filming +《发财联盟》+ Scaled by Ah Hua Kelong with in-laws + Potato’s convocation + “The Deepest Breath” + YB’s 35th bday buffet lunch @ Chilli Padi Tok Panjang + Aurora’s 1YO bday party & Potato’s guitar performance @ BB NDP celebration

7/7/23 Fri: Had lunch with Laifaba with Mike. We both tried their roast pork ($16.90 for two) for the first time but I find it only so-so. Don’t know why but maybe I felt a bit “jelak” from eating too much roasted pork and I was very lethargic from work today, so I didn’t feel like eating for dinner and only had porridge. *Felt difficulty breathing at times at night and especially when I was about to fall asleep. Also felt thirsty and I wonder if all that had to do with the heavy menses on the second day of my period.*

8/7/23 Sat: Came home to chicken stew cooked by Potato for dinner~ nice!

9/7/23 Sun: Potato drove us to Culture Spoon, a Thai-concept kitchen at Great World City area for lunch. *Was so hungry I could feel my hands and legs go numb in the car… think all my instant oat ‘digested’ in the class with Natasha haiz.* We ordered the set for two which were two mains, crabmeat fried rice and phad thai, as well as grilled pork neck and vegetable spring rolls. *I had to order Thai milk tea to give myself some sugar too.* I enjoyed the crabmeat fried rice, pork neck and spring rolls, but phad thai can get “jelak” for me after a while.

Returned the car at Ian’s place and we headed home. Ben came over to our place last minute so we HTHT-ed and had homecooked dinner by Potato. We ate teriyaki salmon, stir-fried celery with black fungus and lotus root and carrot soup~ delicious! Ben also bought a mango tart and some bread over from Chateraise for dessert.

10/7/23 Mon: Good reformer workout with Chisa this morning. I cooked meatless ramen for dinner for us with black fungus, egg, dumpling, chye sim, red onion, seaweed and carrot in chicken stock~ simple but not bad. *Also settled my Taobao loots but the “excitement” over material stuff, for me, stops once I got my hands on them lol. Obviously I’m someone who would gain more satisfaction from spending on experiences.*

Finished chasing the drama《华灯初上》!

Quite enjoyed how the whole suspense built up towards the reveal and murder of CY. Many ‘big shots’ in this drama as well. It’s been a while since there’s a drama that I’m keen to keep on watching.

Rating: 4/5

11/7/23 Tues: Enjoyed the chilli stingray dinner mum cooked for us hehe~ Did a flow in aerial yoga tonight and I’m glad I did them well.

12/7/23 Weds: Relaxed Yin Yoga and Sound Bath class and followed by wheel yoga class where we did a number of “challenging moves”. I thought even the assisted Chaturanga pose felt difficult for me because my arms had little strength lol. On the other hand, “bridge” pose was another challenge that I think I can improve with time!

13/7/23 Thurs: *Disappointed with the decision from the management. They don’t see that it’s “double standard” what they’re doing and racing has lost integrity in this sense. They’ve seemed to lost the plot terribly nowadays haiz.*

PotaTOHs oversaw the filming for a FIT Kit corporate video for Singapore Cancer Society at our place this morning and it was interesting to listen to the talent recording the VO and acting and knowing the crew from Aww Media. Spoke with their producer Gina for a bit while her director husband Daniel’s busy with the technical shoot. *They actually travelled the world for a year before they set up the company and stayed in Kyrgyzstan for 40 days!* The 6-hour shoot passed in no time and I noticed the long scratch mark left on our dining table from their monitor after the shoot… never mind, it’s a learning experience for us too.

So tired to even talk during my背部负压session lol but I think the way EQ placed the cups this time was different from the last… hmm. Still, I very much enjoyed my prawn and scallop marinara spaghetti Potato cooked for dinner!

14/7/23 Fri: Did Qigong in the morning after a long time… felt lazy but good that I insisted. Potato was cute and secretive when it came to dinner haha~ but I came home to a really yummy Korean-inspired soy-sauced somen with minced collar meat, sliced cucumber and crabstick~ plus soju and everything tasted so good!

Watched Mark Lee’s comedy,《发财联盟》(“What! The Heist”with Potato at night.

It’s the typical comedy show from Lee on plotting a lottery heist mission. Brainless but it made us laughed hard at times. It made me focus and not think about work for a bit at the very least.

Rating: 3/5

15/7/23 Sat: *My news page is becoming a joke soon…* Potato said it’s going to be a “simple simple” dinner tonight and I still came home to complete and proper dishes hehe~ black pepper teriyaki chicken, Chinese spinach with carrot and sunny side-up!

16/7/23 Sun: *Felt a little disappointed with strangers. We should have more trust in each other sometimes.* Treated my in-laws to dinner at Scaled by Ah Hua Kelong for Potato’s official graduation from NIE soon. We order three mains, my favourite dish canto Grouper, seafood glace risotto and brown butter grouper and I agree with FIL that the canto broth was a bit salty albeit I still liked the dish, but the risotto which used barley was flavourful and my next favourite dish there now haha. We all loved the potato gratin in the brown butter grouper dish a lot too. 

Had XOXO Potato and Ojing-eo Gangjeong (marinated squid) and I enjoyed the former a lot too. We also ate the curry mussels… almost a “staple” every time I go there lol. *FIL randomly suggested we could go travelling together haha.*  They ordered three craft beers too and I thought the “Liang Teh” was quite nice. Not a cheap meal ($196) but I’m glad everyone appeared to have enjoyed our dinner.

17/7/23 Mon: Joined boxing cardio in the morning with coach Gerald. The pace and moves were easier compared to my usual workouts and it was more focused on resistance cardio training according to him.

I cut up the sweet corn, carrot and onion in the afternoon and Potato helped me to cook them in chicken broth in the evening while I stir-fried the celery with mini king oyster mushroom and egg for our meatless dinner.

18/7/23 Tues: Met Mike and ex-trainer Sonny for lunch at Amirul’s Nasi Padang stall in Woodlands. We were all saddened and disappointed by the government’s decision to close STC of course.

Did a new flow in aerial yoga class tonight and I nailed it on my first attempt yay!

19/7/23 Weds: Shelley took me to Nan Kee Pau at Yew Tee for lunch and I tried their mhk ($5)… not bad but portion was small.

Very relaxed in Yin Yoga and Sound Bath class and we did some pair work in Wheel Yoga class which was fun!

20/7/23 Thurs: Potato cooked Japanese curry rice for dinner! The pink rose and white daisy bouquets ($57.35) I bought from Windflower Florist for MIL and Potato arrived at night!

21/7/23 Fri: After going into office to take the racebook, I hurried over to Nanyang Auditorium to meet MIL for Potato’s convocation at 2pm. *He graduated under the “Class of 2023” batch… 10 years after I graduated from NTU man~* Quite boring but we sat through the three hours of convocation and Potato was among the last batches to go on stage. *Highest distinction in Music and Education~ very proud of him!*

Went over to Koufu at North Spine and he had some toasts and I craved for Bandung drink haha. We took away the Taiwanese honey-glazed chicken chop set home for dinner while MIL bought beef pho. *听家婆说人生无常,隔天又听妈妈说二舅因为脑部轻微中风入院了,要观察几天……听到的和看到总在提醒着我们真的要珍惜眼前和当下,要做什么就去做,不要一直说“以后再说”。* PY reached our place close to 11pm and stayed over for the night.

22/7/23 Sat: Potato headed out to return his graduation robes and then lunch at Ian’s while PY and I had lunch at Blk 150+ before we sat down to discuss about our Hanoi trip in September.

Potato, Ian and Cherlyn arrived at ours at 4+pm, tried some Mauritius rum and we drove over to Laifaba for dinner. Had my usual char siew noodle and we also tried the prawn paste chicken wing… not bad, albeit pricier than the usual zichar.

23/7/23 Sun: Busy Derby day at work. Came home to cold soba with duck meat, buttered sweet corn and celery and bok choy for dinner~ so nice. *I can literally feel the soreness of the muscle around my eyes after long hours of staring at the screen nowadays… I have to remember to take a break because I want my eyes to stay healthy for long!*

24/7/23 Mon: Did boxing cardio class in the morning and it was more tiring today because of non-stop boxing moves but I agreed with what coach Gerald said about “finding something you love and do it for the rest of your life”. As I grow older and see and hear more of stories of people around me about their “boredom” in life, I know one has to find something you’re passionate about and do it for life, if possible. Right now, I have a few like exercising in general, meditation and writing. *I’d love to practise them for the rest of my life, but I’d have to take care of my body and mind along the way so my interests can most likely sustain.*

Took some time and effort to make meatless bibimbap for us for dinner~ brown shimeiji shroom, dumpling, carrot, imperfect sunny side-up, lentil and soy beansprout with mixed grain rice.

PotaTOHs watched “The Deepest Breath” on Netflix at night.

Learned a bit about freediving through this documentary and it is such a dangerous sport, so much so it claimed the life of safety diver, Stephen Keenan. The documentary also featured his girlfriend and free diver world record holder Alessia Zecchini.

Rating: 3.5/5

25/7/23 Tues: Took bus 188 to NUS to meet YB for her 35th birthday buffet lunch ($58.90 for two pax) at Chilli Padi Tok Panjang. The Peranakan food was not bad overall, though I’d prefer them to be warmer. There were also free flow fruit punch, tea, coffee and plain water.

We took a bus over to Westgate where she wanted to enquire for lessons at Yamaha for Ethan and shopped for a bit before heading back. *Looks like her supplements are working well for her and hopefully the exercise can complement them too!*

Did a flow in aerial yoga class tonight and it was painful at times but we did it!

26/7/23 Weds: Went for my usual scaling and polishing appointment at Koh Dental and Dr Lee decided to do a filling near my implant to close up the gap so as to reduce the amount of food that gets stuck there.

Quite a “torture” in Yin Yoga class because we used the roller to massage different parts of the body and it was painful! Did mostly splits in Wheel Yoga class but I still cannot balance myself well to go up into the wheel-assisted headstand.

27/7/23 Thurs: Potato used up the rest of the spinach and carrot, as well as some of the brown shimeiji mushroom and minced meat to cook tomato-sauced spaghetti for dinner. So yummy!

28/7/23 Fri: Did八爪and头部拨筋with Shirlyn and I signed up for a trial session of their massage for womb, lymph nodes, breast and stomach ($68). PotaTOHs headed to Decathlon at Joo Koon to buy a bike, the bike stand and bell for me and also new hiking shoes. *Thanks for buying them Potato!* Randomly craved for bingsu dessert at Snow Angels at Le Quest so we ate mango bingsu ($16.90) there… I liked the small “popping pearls” and nata de coco jellies hidden underneath!

29/7/23 Sat: Was the first among YQ, MT and YJ to arrive at Aurora’s one-year-old birthday party at The Happi Loft. The weather was very hot and the venue was packed with guests… the air-con was not strong enough either. I managed to find a place to sit down for my buffet lunch before YJ, MT and her two sons and YQ arrived later. *So not easy for MT to handle two naughty boys on her own!* Took a group photo with SS, John, Aurora and the ladies!

YQ, YJ and I walked over to Paris Baguette for hi-tea and chit-chat later in the afternoon. At night, I enjoyed Potato’s guitar performance with his music interest group mates at the Bukit Batok NDP celebration event nearby.

30/7/23 Sun: Potato cooked pork belly ramen in hot soba soup for us for dinner! The crunchy soy beansprout went very well with the dish.



Comments