Takagi ramen + JB trip + Singapore Racing Awards 2017 + Pat's belated bday dinner + Jogja discussion + 平甩功 & flat recee with Potato + RIL lunch @ Wine Connection

2/1/18 Tues: Here's the "scorpion" poses to greet the new year haha! Feels great to stretch in the hammock again~ but it always feels like "back to zero" whenever I re-start aerial yoga aft a break aish...
5/1/18 Fri: Met Jess, WH, WL and Potato for Takagi ramen at JW cos it's cheap and reviews said it's not bad. I had the spicy one and it was yums! They had free additional noodle for every bowl ordered as promo for opening period. Aft tat, we had ice-cream at the cafe nex to it. *Potato surprised me with a bouquet of flowers keke~ thks dear! I appreciate that you take the effort to surprise me whenever you feel like it LOL.*
6/1/18 Sat: YB, BY, WH, WL, Jess, WX and I headed to JB on a Sat morning. The time taken for us to get over to JB this time was shorter... about 1+hr. The queue for the famous curry fishhead was too long, so we went to the usual Replacement cafe for lunch instead. The shrooms with eggs and bread set was kinda filling for me.
WH said to bring us to K Fry juz beside KSL to have the korean food. He queued while we waited at the hotel lobby, and man it took like an hr before we got a table ba. But the food there was thumbs up! Given the price and the taste, it's easily better than any Korean restaurants I have been to in SG, even if it's halal.
I loved their garlic soy wings esp, and the shrooms pot and seafood pancake! The apple drink WH recommended was gd too~ awesome recommendation from him this time. 
YB wants her烧腊, and so we had the medium portion at KSL before heading uber-ing over to Sutera Mall for a round of Escape game! 
Our mission was to escape a cell rm in 45mins. All of us were handcuffed together and blindfolded while being led into the cell. Well I guess with more exp in escape rms, we could solve many clues pretty fast (though we still needed help from the staff like on how to use the magnetic key lol), and got out in juz under 40mins.
Walked over to the thai restaurant whr I missed my boat noodle. Oh they revamped their place too.
I rmb-ed it being very spicy, so Jess and I shared two bowls at first. But lol you can finish a bowl in one mouthful technically, so I ended up having 3 more bowls lor keke. Enjoyed their tom yam one, not so the chicken one though, cos the meat tasted a bit off. Pad Thai, mango sticky rice and the fried chicken was meh-meh.
Left JB earlier this time, and reached hm by 10+pm I think. *Wanna bring Potato to have the good food thr next time, esp the korean food!*

8/1/18 Mon: Went for dental early in the morning, and Dr Lee was the one who did the scaling, polishing and flouride application for me this time round cos hygienist not in. Had my usual bi-weekly sauna detox session aft tat. 
Attended Singapore Racing Awards 2017 at St Regis hotel's John Jacob ballrm at night. Weird that I'm seated with Customer Care ppl and not the Chi media.
Shili and Adi entertained us with their wonderful vocals, very professional imo cos they insisted on finishing their sets even when everyone has alrdy left towards the end. Among the five course, including the free-flow dessert, I liked the over-baked chicken roulade (barley salad, cucumber aspic plum dressing) and pumpkin superior broth with sea treasure and lobster meat. The mentaiko crust halibut and lemongrass infused vongole was so-so imo. *I can't really say about dessert cos I'm not exactly a choco dessert person... juz ate cos嘴巴痒haha.

9/1/18 Tues: "Master yoga bear" was in class with us during aerial yoga!
10/1/18 Weds: Went for a consultation at Jurong Polyclinic to schedule my blood and glucose test three weeks later. It's been more than a year since I last checked, and I wanted to monitor my anaemia and cholesterol level. Met Pat and WZ at Let's Meat Up for our belated gift exchange and Pat's belated bday dinner at PS. Well my salmon burger tasted more like pork meat sia... last time I'll hav it. WZ shared about her dad's lymphoma cancer stage 4 since Jun 2016, and hw she was worn-out during the last 2 wks when his condition suddenly worsened, and yet she had to prepare for her wedding at the same time. I am really happy that her dad got to attend her wedding dinner at least, and I admire her for her strong will during that extreme tough period of her life.
13/1/18 Sat: WL, Jess and I had Thai food for dinner at basement of Westgate. The tom yum goong was so-so, and service overall was meh. Decided on our driver and accomodation in Jogjakarta in Apr at Paddy Pops, and we had the charcoal toast at Bojio cafe... Jess tot the charcoal smell overpowered earl grey's. 

15/1/18 Mon: Potato came over aft his lessons to help me bring two bags of old clothes and toys etc over to Salvation Army's small shelter at IMM. Aft tat, we took bus 990 to SkyPeak to start our recee for SOB units. That one's in between Bukit View pri and Keming pri. Then we went to Sky Line near the swimming pool, and it began to pour while we were in the building, but stopped when we stepped out not long aft... heng ah. Took bus 188 to nearby West terra, but realised half of the blks thr were still under construction. Walked quite a bit to West Valley, which I'm not really keen on cos of the distance and it juz wasn't that appealing to me. By the time we're done, it was evening, and we had to uber over to WX mum's place to feed Xiaobai dinner.

Only reached Potato's hm at 8pm to hav hm cooked rice for dinner. It was left-over from the day before... cabbage, pork etc cooked with rice in the rice cooker... still nice, esp with mayo keke. *希望辛苦是值得的!*

*Started with平甩功on Mon! For the sake of my health, 我会持之以恒的!*

16/1/18 Tues: RIL had our dept lunch at Wine Connection at Hill V2. Gene and Steven joined us too. Sort of a farewell for Linda and Matthew, as well as to welcome LT on board again. Kenna bombarded by Matthew about me and Edward last time lol. Anyway, their spicy crab fettuccine was too dry, and mushroom soup was only okay. 
Had our annual anti-money laundering and financing terrorism talk in the afternoon. Back to my lovely aerial yoga class at night! 

Comments