The Intern + Xmas 2015 with sec clique + TuesDate + dinner with NCSS friends + Mook's Mookata + Dstllry + The Usual Place & food allergy?

Just like the quote on the poster says: "Experience never gets old." Well I believe in that firmly. 

Rating: 3.5/5
14/12/15: Had dinner at Sushi Tei at Raffles City with James, Jess, YL, YB, PH and Ben. *James cabbed down aft his work meeting ended woo~* We did our "colour-themed" xmas gift exchange, and I got the colour "green", which was a gym ball Jess bought haha~ useful! PH picked "yellow", so she got my shampoo and conditioner from Tokyu Hands.
15/12/15: Monday couple dated on tuesday instead haha~ We wanted to hav lunch at The Strangers' Reunion, but saw that the queue was damn long, so he recommended Foong Kee's at Keong Saik st. The char siew was indeed delicious haha~ for even a non-char siew person like me. The dumplings were so-so nia though. 
Had no idea whr to go to, so we walked till 100AM whr I had the matcha blended ice dessert. *Oh he's not a fan of ice-cream/cold desserts... so healthy neh!* Nua-ed a bit and we went to PS for shopping. I bought Kyolic fish oil at Nature's Farm to try... see if it helps with my LDL aft 3mths or so.
Headed over to Orchard gateway to meet Dorothy, Trina and LL in the evening to walk over to Gyoza No Onsho for ramen as dinner. Had the shoyu ramen and ice water, then we chit-chatted at TCC nearby. I had a glass of iced yuzu tea. My stomach wasn't feel right the whole night aft that... felt like digestion was super slow and I kept feeling bloated and burped quite a bit.

16/12/15: Meetup with Amelia at Bugis aft my IPL session at Praise. We had small bites (korean rice cakes and bacon wrapped with enokitake), before gg over to Mook's Mookata at Liang Seah st for lunch!
I had thai iced-tea while eating.Food was alright... didn't finish the pork's liver though haha. Then again, I felt like my stomach was super full again. *Could it be due to me drinking while eating? Or the spicyness/oilyness?* Amelia and I walked ard the malls but it just didn't help. Back home at night, I could feel uneasiness in the gastric, and the urge to vomit. So I decided I have to see a doc the next day.

17/12/15: Went to Icon Medical clinic on thurs, and saw the female doc. She checked my weight, blood pressure and pressed my stomach. *Dr Ng even reminded me of another dose of Hep A vaccine that I'm supposed to take nex mth but I almost forgot!* Then, she saw my health report from KTPH, and mentioned to me about my mild anemia... saying that I might hav Thalassemia (地中海贫血), which is genetic and passed down, nt much to do about it. *She said this can only be known aft tests and best before I decide to hav a baby, as it's more dangerous if both parents are carriers of these genes.* I think it's most probably gastric reflux (GERD), so I will try to avoid spicy/oily food from now, and refrain from drinking while eating. Anyway, I still went for the last Kpop class at night, just that I couldn't swing or jump too much haha. *Exercising helps with gastric/slow digestion wor!* 

18/12/15: Trialed one session of Miraclear facial at Praise. So Michelle cleaned my face, and squeezed the whiteheads and blackheads on the face before using the machine to literally "pinch" my face. It wasn't exactly painful la, but the light emitted was a bit irritating and I can smell the burning smell of facial hair haha. Costed about $84. I did not sign up for the package, though I did see very gd improvement on my skin the next day. *See how my skin is aft a wk ba~ 6 or 10 sessions ain't cheap neh.* 
Met Stephen at Outram Park and we made our way down to One-North, where Rick came to pick us up. *He rmbs to buy a flower haha~ and also a guitar nanoblk "challenge" for me o! Thks dear!* 
Dstllry is pretty ulu, considering a 17-mins walk from MRT. The ambience is cozy though. YB, WX and I had the unagi udon, while Stephen ordered their chirashi don. 
Wow and a WonderStruck perfume from YB for Christmas! Nice smell~
19/12/15: Cleaned up my room on Sat, and finished building the guitar nanoblk!
20/12/15: *Thks for the munchies for Christmas XY! And of cos my fav唐饼家 from Shanghai!* Met XY for dinner at The Usual Place cafe at JE. We had salted egg york prawn pasta each, and fried squid to share. I had a sip of her green apple soda too. Halfway through eating, I realised my eyes started to twitch from the tear glands area, and fluid was coming out. I rubbed and could feel it swell up. Then, glands inside two sides of my lips began to swell too, and I felt a bit of itch at the side of my hips. XY couldn't tell anything wrong at first, cos I tot my eyes were red from rubbing, but soon she said my eye looked swollen and puffy. I literally panicked cos it's a Sun, and most clinics are closed. We tried looking for disinfecting solution for the eyes, but soon I decided as the puffiness got worse and my eyes got smaller, and for fear that I can't see cos the tears were blurring my vision a lil', we decided to hop onto a bus can go to the nearest clinic. Saw one clinic at Blk 492 at JW which was opened, but the doctor was away for dinner, and would only return half an hr later. So we went to another 24hrs clinic: Silver Cross clinic at Blk 502 instead.
There were 5-6 patients in front of me. The nurse asked if I had difficulty breathing but luckily, not. *Sadly, it wasn't a Prucare-approved clinic, so i ended up paying $68.10... heart-ache~* The doc gave me a Promethezine 50mg jab ($18), an antihistamine drug to treat symptoms of allergy. He checked my eyes and said that it was the swelling the Conjunctiva, and not any infections. My blood pressure was normal, and I guess my heartbeat was too. He advised me to cancel my dental appt the next day as well. I asked if it could be the interaction between the gastric medicine and the food, but he said gastric medicine are usually mild, and if there was in any case, it would have happened right aft I took it, and not 3 days aft. So I was given 10 tab of Cetrezin 10MG tablets (for itch/rashes/swelling) , 10 tabs of Chlorpheniramine 4mg tablets (to relieve allergies) and 5tabs of Prednisolone 20MG tablets (treat allergies/swells). *Consulation alone was $47 alamak~ see a young, gd-looking doctor so ex lol.* 
Took a photo of my anti-allergy pills and gastric medicines... haiyo祸不单行sia. Mummy was of cos shocked when she saw my puffy eyes, and I sat down once I reached home. *I was giddy aft the Promethezine jab, and experienced dry mouth too, which I read was a side-effect of the drug.* 

21/12/15: The swelling has gone down a lil' today, and mummy asked me to use salt water to clean the eyes, which helped a lil' too I reckon. *To rmb: tea leaves/vinegar/salt could help in disinfection of wounds.* Cleaned up my laptop desk today~ finally got rid of the thick dust lol.
I have never had food allergy previously, probably only cooked prawns that were not fresh that made my throat super dry when I was a kid. This is the first time I had such allergic reactions, and I wouldn't know what exactly I am allergic too unless I go to the hospitals to do a food allergy test. It could be due to pollen (the environment), the salted egg york sauce (which I tot was very powdery when I ate it), the prawns, the fried squids, the tartar sauce they gave, of the sip of green apple soda I took? I had all these previously and nth happened though. But for now, I guess I hav to refrain from prawns/squids and spicy/oily stuff for the nex 1 mth or so. *就吃得清淡一点点对我来讲也不难啦。*

Comments