X'mas lunch and dessert + Pat's adv 26th bday celebration + X'mas dinner at 49 Seats with NCSS clique + 2015 New Year resolution...

*Currently watching "미녀의 탄생"~ oop Joo Sang Wook is suave! And to think I did an email interview with him before during internship last time. The couple is too funny together!*

WZ, Pat and I had lunch last friday at Yayoiken at Bugis +. I tried their set lunch and it was all right imo, the gyoza was not bad.
After lunch, we decided to do our Christmas exchange over there haha! Glad to receive a necklace from Pat that she bought for us in Korea, and WZ gave me a notebook plus cardholder!
Then, we moved on to Rabbit Owl Depot cafe opp to NLB. WZ is crazy about ice-cream waffles recently, so she suggested we try the ice-cream waffle at this cafe. We ordered the Strawberry cheesecake ice-cream and Earl Grey Lavender ice-cream that WZ liked, to go with the waffle ($12+).
Not much customer on a rainy day, so we took lots of photos haha. Though I'm never a big fan of dessert, I thought both the ice-cream flavours tasted great! *I seldom like cheesecake ice-cream though~* Earl Grey lavender has this清香to it that's awesome~ great recommendation by WZ. The waffle was thick but not as crispy though... so-so.
WZ and I got Pat a tote bag, together with the Stitch toy which she loves a lot for her 26th bday present! Hopefully the bag would come in handy for her future baby stuffs haha~
KU, KW, Ahna, LL, Jess and I decided to hav dinner at 49 Seats at Kreta Ayer on Sat evening. The tom yam pasta was much raved about, so LL and I tried it... I hav to say among the tom yam pastas I hav tried so far, this is not bad, but still a lil' too spicy for me and you do get a bit sick of it towards the end when it turns cold.
I got a tea infuser mug from Jess~ well though I'm not much of a tea person, but I reckon drinking green tea aft meals shld be gd for digestion... so erm this would come in handy haha.
Celebrated Jess's 26th bday in adv, and KW's 22nd belated bday too! We bought them strawberry shortcake from Four Leaves, and a card each. I gave KW a wallet, and Jess a set of earrings and necklace!
Ahna got us each the bandage plaster choc from Sophisca, and LL got us each a candy of sweets too~ so gd of them. 6 of us had desserts at a tang shui place nearby, and Ahna rushed to treat us to it haha~ thanks a lot. *She even passed me a travel-size Crabtree and Evelyn hand cream and Sulwhasoo perfecting cushion cos she bought the wrong shade for herself lol~*
Thanks for Mike for the tee from Mauritius too. Pardon me for my lack of knowledge, but I didn't know previously that Dodo was endemic to Mauritius island keke. 

And it's the last day of 2014 today. Cheers to 2015!
As I grow older each year, all the more I feel the need to enrich and enhance my life. I certainly don't mean living like the riches, but knowledge of different aspects in life feels more and more impt to me. As lazy as I am, I guess I can't procrastinate learning new things anymore. I guess deep down, I an hungry for new knowledge and skills haha~ that can be acquired through not just reading, but more of hands-on learning.
Learning to take care of myself and love ones is still the top priority in my long list of "to-do" tasks atm, cos without this particular aspect, I can't move on to doing other things I want to. So well, number 1, stay healthy.
Coming 2015, I don't foresee myself progressing into any new phase in life (i.e. marriage, having kids, immigration etc), and yes when you're single, you have much time and freedom to do what u want, without having to take into consideration your other half in the picture. I won't deny any chance of a relationship (oh well not getting younger ain't I? lol~), but meanwhile I shld absolutely stick to my own plans for the yr ahead. Will still plan for my own future, hav random impromptu overseas plans (it's not a must for me to travel though I like to explore new places... cos I still dislike turbulence even aft much research to re-assure and minimise my fear of travelling on planes), hopefully I put aside time to learn cycling (oops hehe~), Ukulele and Yoga-related exercises. Work-wise? I predict a challenging and almost unpredictable yr ahead for myself, but come what may, I will take it as long as I see value and worth in wat I do, and that I am recognised for my effort.  And yes one very impt thing: to have ample time to read news in detail. I know I hav almost zero interest in Politics and economic news all along, but as a responsible adult, I shld know them somewhat right? I'm living in SG after all, well at least know what's happening ard so I can manage to hold a proper convo with anyone when it comes to this mah haha. *I have high respect for knowledgeable ppl~ serious.*
Last but not least, I know I will continue to maintain good relationships with my close friends. They are after all whose worth putting in effort for. Though I cannot control how some friends and I are alrdy becoming a lil' distant, I attribute this to part and parcel of the diff things we all go thru, it's just normal to hav less things to talk about I reckon. I used to feel disappointed about this, and hopefully in the yr ahead I can just take it as it is... norm.
And here's a word to myself all along: stay positive amidst all odds. I have to be responsible not for only myself, but my love ones too.
*Feels great aft completing this post. Negative feelings had been plaguing since work ended today, and now I feel so much better aft blogging. Feels like I'm opening up and facing myself honestly.*

Comments