An Acoustic Evening with Jason Mraz and Raining Jane in SG + 等一个人咖啡 + BKK trip with WZ & Pat + Jasmine's farewell dinner

It's my second time at Jason Mraz's concert since his last one at Gardens by the Bay a few years ago, difference is I paid $92 to go for this one when the previous one was during when I did internship at ZB haha. Love his music and spontaneity as usual, and Raining Jane didn't fail to amaze me with their instrumental and vocal talents either! Very comfortable listening to them, definitely feels "homely"~ And it's awesome cos he'd sang "Plane" and "Mr. Curiosity" among the few older songs he'd sang from his previous albums... I can listen to the latter over and over again man!
Though I'd prefer the outdoor concert last time cos crowds could dance to Mraz's music~ I just couldn't move much in the Star Theatre la~ hmph. 
*Got the urge to purchase Raining Jane's album somemore hoho~*
 
Rating: 4/5
Mike was on AL and away to HK for about 3wks from Nov to Dec, so I had to write the Eng articles too. It's a challenge, and I though even aft about 10 articles or so, there's still room for improvement in the way I ask qns, and am still thankful Mike's always thr to proofread and edit my articles before they get published haha. *Thankful I had the chance to do interviews, cos one only really gets to know the industry better via asking.* 
小说的作者九把刀感情不专一是他的问题,不影响我对“等一个人咖啡”电影的好评。虽然题材是有些不可思议,但整个铺陈不会匪夷所思啦,就是让人觉得可爱却也可惜,对我而言是挺typical的浪漫青春电影。
阿拓(布鲁斯饰)真的很可爱,一开始我还真觉得他是神经病,穿什么三点式又滑直排轮的... siao eh。But he's the character I'd liked the most in the movie.
On a side note, 林芯仪唱的“等一个人”很好听。

等一个人出现。等到那个人出现了,我们就真的会选择对的人吗?

Rating: 3.75/5

It's been a long awaited trip to BKK with Pat and WZ! We took Cathay Pacific 712 afternoon flight (which was delayed by about an hr), and reached BKK by 4+pm on 8th Dec.
Not much changes to Suvarnabhumi airport from what I saw six years ago, except now there is airport rail link! It only costs 40baht one-way trip to Ratcharaprop stn where Tango is at, and I loved the journey cos it's pretty quiet~ I guess 3 of us were the noisier ones haha.
Pretty amazed that I could still recognize the place sia haha~ walked a bit before we reached Tango. We were given a rm on the 3rd flr... well is costs each of us about SGD30+ a night... all right though the soundproof ain't very gd, and the heater was on and off. *I was dreaming every night la, maybe cos the additional bed was really hard and I didn't slp very well.*
After dinner at Indra Square foodcourt, we walked ard Pratunam Night market a bit, before proceeding to Palladium night market. Bought some hand-made accessories for friends, which were very popular among the many Singaporean tourists there.
WZ was alrdy in her usual shopping mode lol. I had the "kaya with bread" that Pat recommended, so sweet but it reminded me of pri sch days when I can almost hav kaya bread for breakfast everyday haha. Oh we tried the choco with condensed milk egg prata too~ too sweet la.
Breakfast at Tango before we headed out to Pratunam market and Platinum mall for shopping on Tues. Breakfast was so-so overall, yup but the porridge with prawn was nice. Oh and look at the closed stall from Pratunam morning market~ imagine they drive away all together haha~
Shopping at Pratunam before proceeding to Platinum... we only visited lvl 1 of b.gallery though. Platinum has two malls to it now omg~ Pat and I were tired after we're done with shopping at the old mall, so after pad thai at the foodcourt with WZ, Pat went on to buy herself crepes to satisfy her cravings haha.
Both of us literally sat down for 1+hr to wait for WZ since we split up to do our shopping and agreed to meet at 6pm~ spaced out seriously. On a side note, I saw this damn pretty designer's top/dress but the stupid lady quoted THB2990 sale price leh, which translates to near SGD120, and I almost thought I could buy it if I had money left... well I think I might cos it looks sleek and not the usual fashion you find at Bugis V. *Shugs now I miss it lol!*
Oh and I met GF and YJ at Platinum mall! Such coincidence neh~
Dinner was at Black Canyon Coffee cos the chicken meat set we wanted at KFC was alrdy sold out lol. Not too bad~ thai iced tea is like the must-have when u're in Thailand lol. Then, we walked abit along Pratunam and WZ did a small wooden décor for herself and Joel. *The ice-cream car we saw below is so cute!*
WZ and I headed for massage. I did the foot massage near Tango, while she went upstairs and had the whole body massage... THB180 each nia. Hmm I dunno how trad the foot massage was but it was only so-so for me.
We took the airport rail link and switched to BTS system for our trip at Siam Square and MBK. Had our lunch at the infamous Greyhound café and their signature chicken wings... nt "wow" la. "Miss Saigon" was pretty开胃though... I reckon a fusion thai dish.
Aft we'd shopped at Big C, we walked along some night market stalls that were alrdy opened, and I saw these thai sushis... they were smaller than Jap sushis... kawaii neh haha... though I didn't try haha.
My dinner back at one of the cafes at MBK was disappointing... the wanton mee was too dry~ oh man I missed the one I had at some roadside stall six yrs ago!
Pat brought us to another night market along Siam~ man that was a seriously long stretch! It's super packed even on a Weds night... WZ was broke by that night haha~ and had to borrow money from Pat and I to continue her "shopping remedy" lol.

And so Pat and I were the ones left with some money, and we decided to head to Pratunam's morning market on thurs before flying off in the afternoon. This market opens from 5am to 9am daily, hmm yup and u noe as gals, we began to splurge lo hoho. When it was near 9am, they started packing up, and man were they fast! Phew the hustle and bustle was pretty intriguing to watch.
*And our 4D3N BKK trip ended with the Cathay flight back to SG~ I pretty much enjoyed the flight, and I guess SGD400 was about jus nice for me to spend, though I had to keep track now and then to avoid overspending.*

Jas's last day of work falls on 2nd Jan, so Justin, Daryl, Clarissa and I decided we could go for a steamboat farewell with her on tues. Wanted to go Haidilao but the restaurant don't pick up our calls, and we were worried about the long queue, so had Shabu Sai instead.
Forgot to take pic of us eating nor our food... only rmb-ed the spicy soup turned really salty aft a few rounds of food. The guys wanted to go for a drink, and we decided on Alleybar. I liked the interior décor.
They were nice to hav sth "light" for the first round... pink Muscato haha. Then, Justin recommended the Pina Colada for me... oh coconut tasted was really strong, but it was much sweeter compared to whatever Stout and beer they had la.
Daryl, Clarissa and I shared a cab home aft 11.30pm... man I felt so slpy the nex morning at work. *So not a drinker all along, and I fail as a "night owl" too nowadays lol.*

Comments