The Fault in Our Stars + YG Family concert in SG 2014 + La Marelle and Rich and Good Cake Shop and SiFu with XY!

 
I liked this movie a lot! But well I'm lazy and bad at narrating story plots, plus here in 21st century with the convenience of Wiki, I took the brief intro from their page:
The Fault in Our Stars is a 2014 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by Josh Boone, based on the novel of the same name by John Green. The film stars Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, and Nat Wolff, with Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, and Willem Dafoe playing supporting roles. Woodley plays Hazel Grace Lancaster, a sixteen-year-old cancer patient who is forced by her parents to attend a support group, where she subsequently meets and falls in love with Augustus Waters, portrayed by Elgort.
Yes two cancer patient in love you read it. One could easily guess the ending wouldn't be that nice (no matter if you read the bk before), but I thought it's still worth a watch since the starting alrdy intrigued me. Augustus and Hazel makes a great pair~ 
Yes teenage romance... cute and innocent. Not much worries (except constantly the fear of dying) and just being in their own world together... great! I admire their courage of facing up to what's alrdy present.
爱情,一直在一起不是关键。
爱情之所以能真正地恒久,是因为彼此都认同同一份感情。
认同了彼此,就是拥有了他们的世界。一个外人怎么都无法闯入的世界。
Shailene Woodley is perfect as the female lead, while Ansel Elgort looks good! *I can vividly rmb the scene when Augustus exclaimed like a big kid taking plane for the first time on their trip to Amsterdam... so cute lol*

Rating: 3.75/5
Thanks to Dennis, I managed to go to YG Family's concert at Indoor Stadium last sat! The concert started at 6pm, PSY, BigBang, 2NE1, EPIK High and Winner bombed the fans with lotsa signature songs and collaborations during that 3.5hrs.
WINNER was some 5-boys band that was totally unheard to me. When I first saw them, I thought somehow a few members would remind me of either members in BB lol~ Then again, after listening to a few songs from them, I'd hav to say that YG's 1st boyband aft BB in 8yrs has some talents gg on in them! The members can rap and sing, dance and compose even I reckon. *Alrdy dl-ed their first album haha~*
I liked EPIK High's songs even before they went into YG. Tablo is known for his talent, and his Eng rap is one of those few u can really hear the lyrics clearly in Kor music.
2NE1 stands out like "roses among greens" since all others were male artistes. They are one of the few Korean female grps that I love listening to, cos they dun juz do those sleazy dance pop songs like other girl grps out thr. Oh not to mention CL's moves were so damn hot~ I reckon guy fans at the rock area would hav nose-bled tons of times!
OMG Who did I went to the concert for!? BigBang of cos! Even if it means listening to all of their songs that I have heard umpteen times; even if it means there wasn't much (as compared to their own concerts) effort put in giving new twist to their songs (ok la there were of cos collaborations with other artistes etc)... I would still go gaga over BB! *Not till the extent of spending hundreds of dollars over their merchandise of cos.* My fav TOP is as goofy as usual... enjoyed his "Sing-kar-por" pronounciation haha~

No pictures of PSY here but I'd hav to say I thought his English message is very clear to audience, and I enjoyed his songs as much as others. In fact, I thought his words contained more words of wisdom than other idols that were jus gg "I love yous" and "thank yous"... kinda boring. 

My ears were almost deaf after the concert. *Oh well, this is a K-Pop concert but I wish they hav more ballads that showcase their vocals.* Hav to admit I'm past the age of "dressing up" for a concert (idols won't see you usually, even if they did, they weren't rmb so no pt打扮得花枝招展), but I wouldn't吝啬applause and standing up to dance along to the music when most are doing it!

Rating: 4/5

Met up with XY on mon afternoon and we headed to La Marelle cafe near Arab st area. The interior decor was very bubbly but the merchandise sold was super ex.

Thanks to XY for the pen from Taiwan! She had the olio pasta while I had the cabonara one. We shared the mushroom soup too... not creamy nor thick enough... bland. I found the pasta bland too... hers was a lil' better at least with spiciness in it. Treated her to lunch as a way of congratulating her grad from NTU this yr~
Walked to Rich and Good Cake shop that was nearby since Jess recommended about their Swiss Rolls to me. XY bought the durian rolls, while I got the coffee and mango ones... $15 for two roll.
Ok poor me I hav sore throat that day (since Sat) so I had to drink the very bitter板蓝根mum bought from正中平... so didn't eat the rolls at all. However, I tried both the next morning... prefer the mango one. Coffee with the cream in it was too sweet for me. But both XY and I reckon it's best to finish eating on the day itself for 1000% freshness!
Anyway, we had dinner at Bugis SiFu. The prawn dumpling soup with specialty noodle is good!
A pleasant outing with XY haha... eat and eat~ 

*rRandom tThought: now I really wanna travel out of SG!*

Comments