Kbox with Shirlyn + dinner with LC and XY + STC Orientation!

Been long since I met up with Shirlyn last mon. Had lunch at Bangkok Jam at Marina Square, and we'd chatted about her part-time acting work at Mediacorp and my current job. Headed to kbox for our singing session! It's a bit ex for normal sessions now... even with me using kala card... costed $18 per pax for 3hrs.
Dinner with LC and XY at JP. XY was telling us how stressful she felt at NIE now, and how she has some trouble coping with life in sch. As the“过来人”, LC could give her better advice imo, and I was thr giving her positive strength as well haha. 
*Got my business card!*
Was a pretty short wk for me, cos thurs and fri were orientation days for me! *Despite the fact that I still worked race day on fri...* Not often that I get the chance to dress down at work lo... and I could do it on thurs hehe~ 10 of us new staffs gathered at one of the meeting rms, and Hazel and Fathima briefed us on our programme schedule. Short intro from VP of SBD, and then we proceeded to the barrier trials on the buggies!
Damien was thr to explain to us how they would lookout when the horses are loaded into the barrier gates, how the horses perform during the trials, and taking note of their tempers etc. *looks like a tough job to me...*
Rain poured not long after when we got on the buggy and on our way to the vet area. Short intro about the vet dept, b4 we proceeded to the farrier place. Saw the farrier shoe one horse thr.
The equine hospital was whr some horses hav acupuncture, and "x-ray".
Then, we were brought to the stables whr we were allowed to touch the horses. According to Mervyn, those horses that we were allowed close to are those retired racing horses, and are alrdy kinda tamed. 
The lab was whr we headed next, but not allowed to take pics. SL and I were together at one table for lunch, whr we had western food plus ice milo... free hehe. All of us went into the "cosy rm", a relaxing lounge for staff aft lunch and we did some self-intro each. *Wow ppl coming from diff fields... so surprising!* 
The sun was blazing in the afternoon, and we were at the tracks!
It feels great to be on the patch whr horses run haha! *How I wish I could ride a... rabbit and charge haha~* Philip was explaining the diff bet. the turf and poly tracks. The turf ground alone is wide. Then, we walked to the nearby equine pool, and lady luck was on our side I guess~ thr were quite a few horses coming for their swims!
Now I know horses are born-to-be swimmers... now juz waddling in waters haha. *The pool is 3m deep!* One of them was either excited or nervous that it went in with a huge splash haha!
After a short visit to the gym, we took a small van to STC riding ctr. 
It's so cool and I'm envious tat some pri and sec sch kids nowadays hav a chance to learn horse-riding as part of their CCAs! I think equestrian is a rather fun sports... shld promote. *I shld consider learning horse-riding in future o!*
Last but not least, it took us another half an hr to reach Bukit Merah OCB. It's my first time visiting off-course betting ctr... amazed by the fact that they hav 4 different entry pricings ($3, $5, $7 and $10) for diff grp of punters, according to the comfort lvl of that place. 

*rRandom tthought: Muz really plan my spendings and savings monthly... if not I'd go broke very soon.*

My day 2 started at 2pm. Almost 3.5hrs was spent in the meeting rm, listening to presentations on i-CARE service standards, staff engagement, welfare, benefits, grp medical benefits, CSR, STC's mission etc. 
We visited the telebet ctr at racecourse, broadcasting studio, presenters' rm, raceday ctrl ctr, judges' box, parade ring, weighing rm and grandstand at the later half of the orientation. I rmb Matthew explaining to us how his work as a race commentator was... he has to memorise the jockey silk colours, look into the binoculars and call-out the race simultaneously! *Applause to the commentators... I think it's super hard!* 
If not for the visit to the judges' box, I'd never have knew that thr's actually a fountain in the middle of the racecourse! *That's sth I nv see from the 1st or 2nd flr man!*   
We watched one race at the grandstand, and haha it's pretty normal to hear the punters and owners scream for their favs whenever the horses charge for home aft top of the straight. 
*Oh I think I'm gonna miss orientation haha~*

Comments