新兵正传 + 搭错车with YJ + Mother's Day dinner + 毕业刊discussion with YJ, Leon, PY and XH + Dinner with PL @ Watami + Pre-korea trip meetup with uni clique~


Hilarious. NS guys... haha.

Rating: 3.75/5
People are multifaceted. We choose to reveal the "different us", to diff ppl. Every face is me, and this, I almost do not question.

YJ got free tickets to the musical“搭错车”. I met with her last sun, and after sushi at Sushi Express, we walked over to Esplanade, and did the outline for毕业刊as the editors. 
 
We caught the 2nd last performance of this 2hr musical here. Singapore director Goh Boon Teck headed the musical, with丁当as the lead. I kinda enjoyed her rendition of苏芮's songs, and her emotions and vocal prowess were almost good. The storyline isn't anything new... a poor and mute dad(哑叔) who found an orphan baby(阿美), raised阿美up and she aspires to become a singer. Conflicts emerged when her management denied her poor background, and she was forced to choose between "abandoning" her dad, lover(时君迈), childhood friend(阿明) and pursuing her dream. In the end, 时君迈left阿美, and her home was already gone when she returned: 阿明died in the demolish and哑叔passed away.
I liked the stage prop... the "movable houses". I liked how the dancers that controlled these props moved ard in sync during the scene when时君迈and阿美fell in love... lovely. Next was near the ending scene when阿明's "soul" came out on stage, rode the trishaw and drove哑叔's body away, signifying that he'd died. The trishaw went slowly to the back of the stage, further and further away from the audience, and the lights onstage switched off one by one, following the pace of the trishaw carefully. Kinda heart-wrenching watching that, esp after阿美let out a cry.
*Both YJ and I tot郑维杰, who portrayed时君迈, had a rather obvious "angmoh accent" when he spoke haha.*

Rating: 3.5/5

Came home and went out to dinner with family at Blk 498! Dad "volunteered" to treat us for "Mother's Day" this time round keke. We don't usually have meals there, but all in all, it was average. Almost every dish was重口味lol. *Poor hp was low in batt, so I couldn't take photos at all!* 
*I know it's cliche to say this... but as long as mummy is in our heart, it's Mother's Day every day isn't it!?*

Leon, XH, PY, YJ and I met up on tues... we had lunch together, and some talks at Marina Square. *Hopefully we still go out after grad!* It's been some years since PL and I saw each other~ We finally met for dinner on weds evening, at JCube's Watami restaurant.
Time flies and PL's worked for some time alrdy! *She is still detailed as a person... would tell me the period she worked as a contract teacher, and then since when she started on the current HR job haha!* After dinner, PL was nice enough to treat me to dessert at MarbleSlab~ thks gal! It feels nice to be able to chat a lot, even though we haven't meet in like years~
PL was telling me about her trip to Seoul last time, and giving suggestions on good food and things to buy. Steven was rather热情too... he'd lent me a guidebook on South Korea, and recommended me to buy Red Ginseng powder in Seoul, saying that it's only half the selling price in SG!
SS, MT, XY, YQ and I met on sat afternoon at NLB for our final discussion of our trip in Korea. I'm glad almost everything is in place for now, just that free and easy day is to be confirmed again, on how to split the grps and go to places each of us would love to go to. *Aglio Olio with chicken and fungus at Hans was a terror... too oily!*
 
First time I'm gg to Korea! I know nothing can go 100% my way, but I wish for a pleasant trip for all 8 of us!
*我感觉自己在韩国会吃好多啊!希望$$$够用~*

Watched S.H.E's "那时候的树" MV...

I can't believe how stunningly beautiful these ladies look in the MV! I haven't got a deep impression of this song previously, but after watching this I think I love it. *Their wonderful friendship.. 时间是铁一般的见证。*
2PM's "하.니.뿐. (A.D.T.O.Y.)" MV totally fitted their new album's idea of "grown up". NichKhun's voice wow-ed me a lil'... some improvement and new twist to his singing voice. I liked the chair dance this time round too... seems like they rather "rely" on chairs huh haha.

The song is J.Y. Park's work... kinda distinctive style of his, esp during the chorus. *My fav member used to be Jun.K, but why do I think he looks so much different as time passes? And it's not for the better... I dunno but its funny when he tries to be sexy.* 
Shinhwa is back with "This Love" MV too!

Kudos to Andrew Jackson and Min Woo! "This Love" has a lovely tone, I am addicted now haha! Oh and voguing dance~ man Shinhwa members looked super charismatic doing this! *Eric's油头and his long limbs were perfect for the dance~ sexy leader!* I liked how Min Woo revealed his left bicep at one pt too~ no doubt "dancing king".

Alright, gonna catch epi7 of "We Got Married Global Edition" now, then a few other varieties before I slp well tonight. Will visit grandma at SGH tmr, and then fly off to Korea on tues morning!

Comments