To Rome with Love + Olive Vine with WZ + Interview @ North Bridge + JB trip

*rRandom tThought: I can feel that the "real chiong-ing" for FYP's gonna start real soon... omo stressed. Prior to that, let's hope exam for HC314 goes well!*

"To Rome with Love" by Woody Allen!
Thumbs up! I love all four stories! *I seriously didn't know Penelope Cruz was that bitchy Anna!* Jesse Eisenburg was one of the reason why I caught this haha... cos I liked him in "The Social Network". Much as I enjoyed his acting this time round, I thought Alec Baldwin was brilliant with his role as John... still not sure if John's an imaginary image of Jack's though?
Woody Ellen was so good too!
Rome's romantic as it's flawed. 

Rating: 4.25/5

Met WZ on mon evening for dinner at Olive Vine. The macha macha cake I had was so "green tea-ish" haha~ not bad.
As usual, we were talking about her relationship. It's nice hearing updates now and then, and I'm glad I could be a listening ear. 
情侣,哪对没有烦恼?就算这条路再崎岖、再多转弯,总希望终点是同一站。驾驶盘,就看他们怎么操控了。加油!

Interview at North Bridge road on weds~ I even went out earlier cos I was afraid I'd be late. Charylne reached earlier and waited for me at Cake Love Couture. I liked Red Velvet cupcake... sweet as it was, the taste was clearly defined by layer. The salted caramel macaron was quite nice too.
Next up was at Symmetry. I really like their philosophy: "If everyone learns to share, the world will have enough." Abby is young and she's good in lots of things... from designing and creating the interior, menu and dishes to being the barista and coming up with Symmetry Originals... rather impressive. What's more... she was kind enough to whip up about 8 dishes and drinks for us! Not to forget the latte was yummy!
I forgot to take picture of the hen egg though. Beef flank, scallops, oysters, crab pasta, tomatoes... we were so full! Thanks again for Symmetry's warm hospitality~ this is definitely one place to chill out at. *I would have spent more than 100bucks otherwise...*
It was raining heavily and we headed to Roccoco Kent. Vintage stuff~ lovely!
Was supposed to interview The Studio before going to Artistry but the boss was late, so we visited Artistry earlier. Tried the carrot cake (secret recipe from one of the boss's wife's family hehe~) and cherry pie~ Had a taste of wine too... the one with elderflower tastes like lychee haha.
I happen to go to the washroom, and man the interior was interesting so I took photos haha.
The Studio looks like a rather cosy place to be in for private events. The "3-course dinner" consists of the flat-liner, gas chamber and long island... try it if you dare. People puked like crazy lol. I had a small mouthful of the flat-liner the boss concocted herself... "burned" my throat whoa!
Called it an end for the day near 7pm. Charylne's from Chi Media in NP... like 5years my junior lol. Good that she's enjoying her job as a photo journalist.
Met with QW for our IPL treatment, then I brought her to K Ki cake to try the cakes there. Oh and it's nolstagic cos I had the凉粉again! It's not as sour and more spicy than the one I had in Shanghai but omg~ nice to try it again.
Met with Jess, YB, Kayden, HR and Shayne for our trip on sun. *So sleepy waking up at 7+am in the morning...* 
Nice enough of Shayne to bring us handmade brownies... not bad imo. Lunch at Kenny Rogers was awful cos I reckon they were late in serving our pastas, and it came in rather "a mess". 
We came to a magic shop and this uncle was demonstrating a certain trick, making a coin disappear and appear. With the coin in his fist, he asked me to hold out my hand and just when I thought that he wouldn't put any coin on my hand, I felt something "plastic"... by the time he moved his hand away I yelled~ it's a fake cockroach and I threw it on the floor frantically haha! *YB and Jess screamed too lo lol~*
We headed to KSL and I think I've done too much shopping already, so much so that I don't exactly have the mood to shop lol. We ended up not doing massage nor manicure but k-singing instead haha. *RM18 per pax for 3hrs on a sunday... so much cheaper lo.*
The guys went bonkers during the last few songs... yelled their lungs out lol. *Singing with different groups of ppl got different feel haha.* 
Oh we headed to大马花园for dinner... I've been there once but I forgot who I went with though haha. Again, it's kinda cheap (RM26 per pax) for 5dishes... kangkong, cereal crayfish, toufu, deer's meat and lemongrass chicken.
Ok no shopping loots this time round, but maybe the next haha! 

Before I end the post, here's the 5-ppl DBSK version of "Maximum"! OMG I simply love their harmony~ but sadly there probably will never ever be a released mp3 version of this officially...

And then there's this very meaningful and useful video of Micky teaching people how to sew beanies for kids... charity purpose. I wish someone would put english or chinese subtitles for it soon!
 

Comments