Potato’s treat @ iO Italian Osteria + “Physical: 100” + steamboat lunch @ YB’s & Restorative Yoga + dinner with uni ladies @ Omote + “Slay the Blues, join the Groove” pop concert with Potato

22/2/23 Weds: Turned out I quite enjoy the chicken teriyaki unagi ($2) from 7-11. Was a good stretch during yin yoga and sound bath class, especially the release of muscle in between the shoulder blades. Yip taught us a really advanced pose in wheel yoga which none of us could do it properly… I mean not even he can hold for a few seconds!

23/2/23 Thurs: Spent two hours going through the theory and practical lessons for driving buggy in the Club. Shaun was a chilled teacher but I was quite nervous la… anyway I doubt I will drive often in future but at least I’m “certified” to drive a buggy now haha.

Potato promised he’d treat me to dinner once he starts working full-time as a teacher and so we went to iO Italian Osteria at Hill V2 for dinner. The place is filled with cosy family-vibe and Potato ordered the grilled US ribeye steak (medium rare) with potato wedges. I tried one mouthful and it was really soft, but the potato wedges had chocolate taste to it somehow haha. I expected my grilled octopus with Mediterranean sauce to be chewier but it turned out quite soft… but the taste did not gel though. For our starters, I preferred the traditional stuffed roman Schiacciata on the right that has truffle and olive oil than the bruschetta with mushroom and taleggio because the taste of cheese was a bit too much for me.

24/2/23 Fri: Learnt new move in Qigong class this morning. Piloxing class was very fierce with the replacement trainer, Irene though. *But I always enjoy the 15-minute cool-down session with teacher Mady Morrison!*

Cooked myself a bowl of satisfying Taiwanese ramen in Japanese pork broth for dinner~

Finished watching the last episode of “Physical: 100” on Netflix.

Gruelling competitions and I didn’t expect Jin yong to win Hae-min in the end. Also, respect for the mountain rescuer on the show.

Rating: 3.5/5

25/2/23 Sat: Enjoyed Japanese curry with potato, king oyster mushroom and carrot for dinner~ Potato also cooked miso soup to go along with the mains.

26/2/23 Sun: PotaTOHs went over to YB and BY’s for steamboat lunch and Jess came shortly after with ice-creams from Chateraise. We went downstairs to prepare for the steamboat and YB really bought a lot of meat! WL and WS came late at 1+pm while WH “flew us kite” tsk. *Busy YB and BY because one of them has to look after Ethan all the time…* 

Went for my first Restorative Yoga class at Evolution Fitness this evening and Yip sure has a number of equipment for students to use in the class. I do like the stretches done but it’s a pity I won’t be able to attend this class often due to work.

Potato used the leftover pork collar meat and napa cabbage to whip up dinner for us.

27/2/23 Mon: After a good pilates reformer session in the morning, I had lunch and went for my haircut at the salon I signed up package for. This Vietnamese hairdresser tried to sell their treatment package but I didn’t but it. *It was the first time someone told me that I have a narrow forehead!* Anyway, I am quite happy with the shorter hairstyle this time, even if the shorter fringes irritate me at times haha.

Potato cooked meatless japchae for dinner and it tasted so good! We had king oyster mushroom, carrot, red and green capsicum, onion, egg and spring onion mixed with the sweet potato noodle, as well as the kimchi Fran brought to go along with the main dish.

28/2/23 Tues: Shelley treated Cherry and me to KFC for lunch. I had the Bandito Pockett after such a long time~ but it comes with BBQ sauce this time and I preferred the spicy one last time. *Listened to their rants haha~*

Did the flow to showcase our “skirts” in mid-air tonight haha.

1/3/23 Weds: Came home to pan-fried salmon fillet and stir-fried broccoli, king oyster mushroom and carrot vegetables with cold soba for dinner prepared by Potato with <3!

Tried advanced poses in Wheel Yoga but it’s too difficult for me at the moment. Could only do the pose wheel-assisted. *My left calf cramped after I fell sideways while balancing myself on the wheel in reverse plank position.*

2/3/23 Thurs: Told Potato I craved for cream pasta and so he cooked spinach and spicy sausage with spaghetti in cream sauce for dinner hehe~ loved it even if the sausage made the dish a bit saltier than usual.

3/3/23 Fri: Shopped for a while at The Form at Raffles City before YQ met me for a brief while after her work. We chatted for a while as I queued at Omote and XY arrived not long after. I had their umami soy-sauced chirashidon ($19.80) and it was good but got a bit salty for me after a while.

There was a long queue right outside of the store at 7+pm so XY, MT, LC, SS and I only chatted for a bit. MT’s elder son Alwyn had fever and SS had to go home earlier to nap and look after Aurora too. *Wished we had more time to ourselves and a quieter location next time for deeper talks!*

Came home and saw three stalks of pink, yellow and red Gerbera Daisies Potato surprised me with randomly keke~

4/3/23 Sat: Showed Diane around the weighing room for a bit and she tagged along when I interviewed David and Harry… she seems quite interested in the racing journalist job.

Came home to dinner prepared by Potato with the Yumimaru marinated salmon ($33.69) I bought from Shopee to try. He cooked miso soup and cut Japanese cucumber to go with the dish. The sashimi-grade salmon was good but not fantastic, though I wonder how much better it could go with somen, as recommended by the seller.

5/3/23 Sun: Tried香柏木massage this morning and it was still painful for me, though slightly better than八爪treatement. Sherlyn let me try the拔罐treatment and there were really many glasses on top of my back. Each of them were left there for less than five minutes because she said some people’s skin might 起水泡 if the suction was left there for too long. After the close to 2-hour massage session, I took a look at my back and upper arms… omg all the red and purple patches! *Potato joked that for people who don’t know, they might think I’d experienced domestic violence keke~* Two of us had shoyu black ramen for lunch at Ramen Taisho with the $5 discount voucher we won at a lucky draw in December last year.

Went for “Slay the Blues, join the Groove” NIE jam band pop concert with Potato at NTU at One-North in the evening. Enjoyed some of this student teachers’ performances. A few of them can sing very well. Some of them were Potato’s students and they are all below 25 years old la~ the energy level in the auditorium was damn high la! I liked how they enjoyed themselves but also, at my age, no matter how excited or pleasant I felt inside, I rarely scream and yell like youngsters do haha. *随着年龄的增长,喜悦不是没了,只是情绪已沉淀,蜕化成另一种在心里令人满足的滋味。*

6/3/23 Mon: Attended Chisa’s reformer pilates class with my “bruised” arms and back haha… good workout session.

*I mixed up “shiitake” and “shimeiji” omg~ so I told Potato the wrong thing to buy, and we ended up with extra shimeiji shrooms in our fridge now.* Tried a new soup recipe by boiling mushroom, shimeiji shroom, sweet corn, wolfberry and ginger slices in the chicken stock, and we also added cordyceps flower and meatless dumpling in it~ shiok. Potato helped me with peeling off the outer layer for the red chinese spinach before I stir fry them.

7/3/23 Tues: Had hot and spicy chicken soup for lunch with LL at Yew Tee Kopitiam and she actually joined STC in the same year as I did, but four months earlier.

Did cross-back flip and the straps wrapped very tight around my tummy, before the pose transition into an inverted hook…

Comments