Visiting baby Aurora + my early bday lunch with Pat & WZ @ Bee’s Knees + 《작은 아씨들》+ Wheel Yoga @ Aha Dance & Yoga + PotaTOH and Ning’s bday @ Amazing Hokkaido + blood test + power tripped, Bo Jin Facial and zichar for dad’s belated 68th birthday + my early 34th bday celebration with colleagues & WeBarre fundamentals trial + matcha cake and drinks on my bday + Reiwa Soba & Madame Ooze with Jess & LL + Jere, WX & family came over for housewarming + haircut

8/10/22 Sat: Potato grilled snapper, stir-fried mushroom with Chinese spinach and lady’s finger and did sunny side-up for us for dinner~

9/10/22 Sun: Met LC on bus 39 on our way over to SS’s! YJ, YQ, Mich and MT and her younger son Alvis were already there “gossiping” about Mich’s Korean boyfriend by the time we reached for hi-tea haha. Saw SS’s parents after a long time and omg Aurora has so much hair and it looked so nicely done-up even when she just woke up la! Very comfortable chit-chat session on a Sunday afternoon!

10/10/22 Mon: Good Pilates reformer workout this morning and I wasn’t too tired after the session… just that my right calf aches a little now. Had a change of location for lunch after Pat requested to meet us after school. WZ and I had ate first at Bee’s Knees at Botanic Gardens while waiting for her. The tiger prawn linguine I had was not bad. We talked about their jobs, kids and travel plans… and wow WZ’s friends are even on the topic of retirement nowadays haha! Ended the meet-up with a tiramisu cake for me! *Thanks for the lunch and company ladies!*

Potato whipped up Bolognese (minced pork meat) with green capsicum and penne in tomato sauce for dinner at night~ shiok!

We finished watching《작은 아씨들》(Little Women) together too.

Story about three sisters’ fate when they met a powerful but crazy woman. All the mystery and suspense around this Jeongran Society were woven into the storyline quite well in the show loosely adapted from a novel, but we thought the ending was mediocre. I liked the scenes in sunny Singapore though.

Rating: 3.75/5

11/10/22 Tues: Did some flows in aerial yoga class tonight and I’m glad the sequence made it easier for me to hook my legs in. The bus 944 I was on when I came back almost collided with a small van. Apparently, he rushed to turn out from the left when my bus came straight at the junction. The lady bus driver stopped at the bus stop and scolded the van driver who went up to apologise.

12/10/22 Weds: Spent some time cleaning up our planned itinerary to Kyushu in December. *Thoroughly enjoyed my $3 veggies-only cai fan at Marsiling Mall hawker for lunch~ the ah zhar was sweet sour and spicy, the mei cai salty but not overly so, and the fried eggs and braised meat sauce were so fragrant… they seriously are good at almost every dish they sell!* Cooked a simple udon in soba sauce with egg, bok choy, mushroom, seaweed and brown lentil for dinner for myself.

13/10/22 Thurs: Enjoyed yummy Japanese curry cooked by Potato for dinner before I headed to Aha Dance and Yoga for my first physical wheel class from Classpass. *The location is right next to the Jurong East MRT tracks lol, maybe taking train there could be faster sometimes.* There were only five students, so the teacher had time to correct each of us further as we stayed in our poses for at least 10 to 15 seconds every time. It was a very good stretch and she did helped push me to my maximum because I was shocked that my chest could touch the ground as I did splits lol. She helped us take some photos for the final pose as well, which was done at first with the wheel in between two yoga blocks but removed later and we had to balance ourselves with one arm on the wheel and the other holding one leg and lifting it high up into the air. I was stronger with this side obviously and with 101% concentration and “tautness” between the pulling arm and pushing leg, I could hold it long enough for photos! *Round-trip tickets to Fukuoka in December booked yay!*

14/10/22 Fri: The Farmily met at night for dinner at Amazing Hokkaido to celebrate PotaTOHs and Nings’ birthday! The guys ordered two big bottles of Sake, one small one and some beer to go with the sushi, sashimi and yakitori dishes. We really enjoyed the fish roe don and aburi salmon roll though. *The gimmick drumming they do whenever customers order the fish roe don is lol.*

Ning left while the Ian, James, PY, Fran, Potato and I headed to Harry’s for some drinks and chat. *Poor Ian and James were still hungry la and James went to buy snacks and cup noodle because Harry’s don’t have any more snacks at that hour.* Bumped into Ian’s workplace colleagues as well. Amazing how we talked till 1+am but my brain already stopped functioning after drinking and it’s past my usual sleep time~ Fran, Potato and I waited for about 15mins before we got a cab home. *Thankful for their treats for the three October babies~ and the mango yuzu cake Ian got us was not bad!*

15/10/22 Sat: Jake won the Queen Elizabeth II Cup on Prosperous Return today, but poor Shelley and Cherry had to rush over to weighing room to usher him out while he was still weighing out for the next race, watching the replay and taking his time to wear his silk back. *I’m sure some of the female staff cannot unsee whatever they saw now. You don’t just take down your pants in Singapore in public places! Indecency!*

Came home to sweet corn and carrot soup and fried fish wrapped in bread crumble~ the homemade mustard sauce mix got even better this time!

16/10/22 Sun: Bought half chicken and stewed eggs for Ian, Potato and I for lunch. MIL just recovered from Covid-19 and we went over for dinner. *Andre was down with Covid-19 too, so MM and Luke didn’t come over this time either.* They treated us to fish head curry and zichar for our birthdays haha~ and FIL slice one and a half abalone mixed with azhar… yums! *FIL bought a new 65” LG tv screen for less than $1k!*

17/10/22 Mon: Potato accompanied me to NTFGH for my blood test at 9.30am. Waited for half an hour before I saw the nurse to draw one tube of blood. We visited the new Kopitiam at JEM to have our free kaya toast set before I shopped at Fresh and Innisfree. Had the vegetable tofu set ($7) at Buk Chang Dong Soon Tofu at JE for lunch and though the kimchi was nice, I found the soup a bit salty. *Wanted to change for Japanese yen in the area but either the rates were bad or it was sold out omg.*

Had a good rest before I helped Potato with our meatless dinner at night. He pan-fried this cabbage, potato, egg, mushroom, sweet corn, flour, salt and pepper mixture but we thought we could do with less sweet corn and cabbage but more egg and flour next time for it to stick better together next time. Had a plate of snow pea and carrot to go along with the carbs too.

18/10/22: Tues: Feels good to WFH on a Tuesday. Headed down to UOB bank to do my signature before lunch but damn I had to wait for an estimated two hours before my turn, but luckily after checking with the staff, I could do it in future when I have to do over-the-counter transactions!

The CB tripped when I was dispensing water in the afternoon. *“Virgin” power tripped solving situation and because I’m home alone haha.* After checking, I’m 95% sure it came from the water dispenser and it’s my fault because I filled the tank to slightly over the ‘max’ bar and some water leaked out. I suspect the moisture seeped in and affected the heating element.

Tried one session of 面部拨筋for $29.96 at Chrysalis Spa at JP under HSBC credit card’s birthday promotion. The skin is gently pressed with jade ox horn tool to work on tense tendons and ligaments and unblock clogged meridian channels on the face. From here, it can reduce conditions like dark circles, eye puffiness, promote blood circulation, reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles and revitalise tired skin.

The whole session took about half an hour, with cleansing, bo jin, mask and removal. It gets a bit itchy at times and my face felt warm, but overall still comfortable. Debbie and another consultant tried their best to persuade me to buy the packages but honestly, I have such tools at home and can massage nightly if I’m not lazy lol! *Crazy expensive~ I reckon the only reason I spend money many years ago to do facial was because I was still single and “need to care about my looks”… 现在有人要了I don’t care LOL!*

Ordered assam fish head curry, yam chicken, seaweed soup, ginger and spring onion pork and spinach with three eggs ($74) from富味海鲜at 503 JW market for dad’s 68th birthday. The assam fish head curry is good as usual, and the taste of all others were not bad, but just a tad too salty.
Did a simple aerial flow tonight.

19/10/22 Weds: Tripped the CB this morning when I tried to dispense water again, proving more so that it’s the heating element that was affected. Cooked Taiwanese ramen in hot soba soup with salmon, cabbage, red onion and enoki shroom for my dinner along at night~ quite shiok.

20/10/22 Thurs: Esther bought me a strawberry birthday cake from Chateraise and we had a small celebration with the CCM division. *It’s a weird situation I’m in now… very much sandwiched between two halves.* Had to give away the remaining six slices and ended up chatting with Shelley and Cherry about work.

Gathered for lunch with Tracy, Catherine, Cherry and Shelley as we had the Deepavali bento box and吃茶三千bubble teas that Shelley treated us for my birthday! I had their milk tea with pearl and it tasted okay. *Forced to eat magnum ice-cream by my HOD in the afternoon lol.*

Took bus 961 to Beauty World Centre to attend Webarre Fundamentals by Joyful Steps and Rhythm studio. A relief instructor took over and we worked with a small ball and 0.5kgs dumbbells… basically worked all the major muscle groups and I could feel my hamstrings and calves a lot, especially during one of the move where we laid down on the floor but placed our feet on the ballet bars and lifted! Webarre is essentially a combination of Barre and Pilates and I’m quite tired and dehydrated while exercising. Nice try but probably not something I would enjoy doing in the long run. *Ouch my left chest hurts once in a while now, think I pulled the muscle again…* I could only try two classes with 20 free credits on Classpass and after one month of trial, I have decided to stop because it’s very hard to book classes in studios nearby that I’m interested in.

Bought sushi from NTUC as my late dinner and started working on the Lego rose and daisy with Potato at night.

21/10/22 Fri: *Damn my left forearm got numb while sleeping~ so scary!* Teacher taught us two parts of the六字诀during Qigong class this morning. Fran came over to have lunch with us at Blk 150+ and she made a card and baked a Matcha cake for me! It was slightly sweet but not bad.

Bro bought us Peach white tea and dessert from iTea, which we ate after my Piloxing class and Potato’s homecooked seafood Marinara pasta at my request keke~ it was so yummy! *XY and SS delivered cakes and matcha latte over from Coffee Bean too thanks!* PotaTOHs built Snapdragon and California Poppy Lego flowers at night while we enjoyed the dessert my brother bought for us hehe.

22/10/22 Sat: Potato cooked ginseng chicken soup and stir-fried cabbage with mushroom, enoki and carrot for dinner tonight. Also completed the Snapdragon and California poppy Lego flowers at night.

23/10/22 Sun: *Potato started feeling unwell and had body aches the previous day, but he tested negative to the ART.* Jess, LL and I met for my birthday lunch at Reiwa Soba at Chinatown. I tried their signature reiwa pork soba set with sushi and though Jess said Spanish pork was good, their main dish was bland for me overall, even the spicy dipping sauce was not to my liking. Jess suggest Madame Ooze Ice Cream café and dessert bar after that so we tried their white chrysanthemum, Kyoto hojicha and hazelnut chocolate ice-cream… all were sweet but I preferred the chrysanthemum one over others. The ladies had a good catch-up and I must thank the two of them for their treats! *Jess bought me a pair of Jade earrings from Mikaela L and LL got us both teabags~ very sweet of them.* LL left after while Jess and I decided to change some Japanese yen at People’s Park Complex since the rates were good (SGD1 : JPY103). *I changed $2038.60 for JPY 210,000 there.*

WX, Jere and their daughters MW and KW came over in the evening to visit our nest and have dinner. *They bought us fruit cakes from Swee Heng Classic and MW chose that haha… it was not bad!* The two sisters were hyper man~ taking stickers and MW wanted to watch Youtube cartoon. KW loved to “transport everything on our tv console to and fro” as well as drag WX’s bag around the floor lol. Glad both the girls ate their “egg salad” and Japanese cucumber well.

Potato cooked poached miso salmon and potato salad for the adults~ yummy! We had some “adult times” (drinking beer and talking) while the kids play by themselves haha. *The two girls were so sweet because they hugged us before they left for home.*

24/10/22 Mon: *Good to see Potato's fever go down, but he's kind of stressed over his thesis and papers for the final semester.* Attended my usual Pilates reformer class but we were taught by Belinda this morning. She looked very young and I guess not as experienced as Chisa, so she used a lot of technical terms while guiding us, but did not always showed us on the reformer right away, so sometimes we got a bit confused.

Got my haircut at A.One Salon and was showed my oily scalp and dandruff as usual, and I got persuaded to buy and try this EP T3 Semburi Energisant Tonique (160m) at $69 and 21 sessions of haircut session ($70), which could be shared among my family members at any of their outlets. *When I earn more in future, I’d probably go for monthly scalp treatment to see if it really helps with my oily scalp, hair fall and dandruff problem.*

Comments