Chicken paprikash & PotaTOHs’ early bday celebration with in-laws + 《각자의 본능대로》+ hotpot dinner with Fran + PotaTOH’s bday lunch from Mio Fine Foods & cake with friends + cosmetic filling in between incisor teeth

23/9/22 Fri: After Qigong and Piloxing classes online, I had yummy tom yam ramen cooked by Potato for dinner~ there’s shrimp dumping, crabstick, bok choy, enoki shroom, ajitama and edamame to go along!

24/9/22 Sat: Long day of work, but I got to try Potato’ new “Korean fried chicken-inspired” drumstick he cooked in light soy sauce, sugar, mirin, honey, salt, chicken stock, pepper,chilli, corn starch and topped with spring onion and a dash of sesame seed at the end. We thought that it was a bit too salty, so he could work on lessening the chicken stock and soy sauce next time.

26/9/22 Mon: Enjoyed my Pilates reformer class this morning with Chisa. I reckon it’s conditioning because though I haven’t attended class for two weeks, the body could still handle the class. *Yay hard work do pay off!* PotaTOHs had kway chup for lunch, drank peach white tea and ate sushi in the afternoon while we watched “Little Women” because there was a 1-for-1 promotion at NTUC Finest’s sushi counter that just opened last Sunday~

Potato patted dry the boneless chicken thigh and pan-fried them…still a lot of oil splatter lol. Then, he stir-fried the yellow onion in oil before adding tomato paste, paprika powder, chicken stock and flour to make the roux. Then, he cooked and simmered the chicken pieces in the roux, before removing them and adding sour cream and more chicken stock to the mixture…. there we have the Hungarian dish, chicken paprikash!

He also made avocado and cucumber salad to go along with the dish and the taste paired well. MM and Andre came at close to 8pm with our “birthday tarts” from Tai Cheong and Pistachio ice-cream from Chocolate Origin!

27/9/22 Tues: We had our “pretty skirt” moments while up in the air in aerial yoga class haha!

Finished watching a short six-episode Korean experimental variety show각자의 본능대로》(Between Love and Friendship), where four male friends and four female friends lived together under one roof.

Choose your friend or choose love. KunUk and Min were a very cute couple, while the love triangle between Yena, Seok Hyeon, Ji Yu and Yong Hyun got intense at time. I guess it’s slightly different compared to other experimental dating shows when you have strangers living together. This makes things more complex when it’s between your good friend and the one you like.

Rating: 3.75/5

28/9/22 Weds: Cooked ramen with mushroom and pork dumpling, napa cabbage, carrot, yellow onion, red chilli, enoki shroom, egg and spring onion in chicken stock, salt and light soy sauce. Me, being the greedy me, added too much soup and veggies, hence the mixture was already near it’s brim without adding the ramen and dumpling yet! *忘记大白菜会“出水”啦!* Still, I’m happy with the overall taste!

29/9/22 Thurs: *The more I hear, the more I empathise with Tracy. Sounded like the HR division is a mess and incompetent. I can’t trust them when it comes to fairness of staff welfare.* Had nice sweet corn, carrot and onion soup, and stir-fried broccoli with red capsicum that Potato cooked for our meatless dinner tonight.

30/9/22 Fri: Last-minute decision but I felt like having something similar to a fishhead steamboat, so PotaTOHs invited Fran over to join us for a hotpot dinner after my Qigong and Piloxing class today. We cooked mainly pork belly, fish and napa cabbage in mushroom broth… got better and better later into the night! Fran bought us some chocolate coronet as dessert too.

1/10/22 Sat: The Mio party platter for 2-3pax ($160+)  I ordered as birthday lunch for us arrived before noon! I enjoyed the nori taco a lot, especially the one with soft shell crab hehe. The sashimi were and the pasta were nice too. The prawn breaded with almond was good at first, but we thought one for each of us was enough.

Joan and Galvin reached first in the afternoon, so the four of us played “Robin Hood” game from the new “Unlock” game series they bought. It was fun! Mervyn, SD, Josh and Tiff joined us later. All of us played the other two games as well. *The strawberry shortcake from Four Leaves is good as usual!*

2/10/22 Sun: *Damn the ache near my left shoulder blade is acting up again since late afternoon yesterday!* Potato cooked napa cabbage soup with carrot and red date in pork bone soup and also salmon cube marinated in teriyaki sauce and paprika powder… not bad!

Watched F1 Grand Prix at night, albeit not paying attention besides the start and finish lol, while Potato attended his大伯’s wake with my in-laws after dinner.

3/10/22 Mon: *MIL tested positive for COVID-19, so we reckon FIL should be too since he passed on the coughing to her recently.* Good reformer workout and I’m glad I did not further aggravate the pain near my left shoulder blade… think the massage Potato does for me nightly helped! 😊

Cooked broccoli (must soak longer in water next time because I saw the green worms yikes~), shimeiji shroom, seaweed, egg (aiyoh I need to boil them for longer to reach the hard-boiled state) with udon in white miso soup, which was supposed to be less salty. *It was salty but yet not flavourful enough… maybe the usual miso paste would have made the overall taste better.*  

4/10/22 Tues: *我是该正视问题的。If the ringing in my left ear persists for one or two more weeks, then off to the ENT I go.* I was stuck with one pose in aerial yoga… had difficulty swinging my right leg in for the hooking… shall try harder next time!

6/10/22 Thurs: Was waiting for Steven for an interview and I played a bit with their stable cat, Tom… he’s very affectionate haha. Came home and saw my first pair of earrings from whynotclay! Very expensive but pretty and unique pair~ Tried the green tea soba we bought from Daiso in soup with smoked duck breast meat and Potato stir-fried lady’s finger with carrot and shimeiji mushroom to go along. *rRandom tThought: Kyushu only or do I want to include a trip to Kyoto too?*

7/10/22 Fri: *Weird ache in my left face and tired left eye since yesterday afternoon. And damn the ringing in my left ear got louder this morning omg.* After my Qigong session, I visited Koh Dental to redo my cosmetic filling between the upper front incisor teeth because it broke apart a few days ago after six years. Told Dr Cheryl Koh about the purpose of the visit and she gave me a “consultation” session on a similar but cheaper alternative to Invisalign, which I heard of but never knew what it was. Anyway, it’s something like wearing braces but with less hassle and it would set me back at least $2,400 if I do it. For me, it’s only the 0.1cm gap between my two frontal incisors that bothers me so I’m not inclined to go through that extensive procedure to get a "beautiful smile”. *I think my smile already look nice lol.* It costed $100 to do coloured filling six years ago and now it’s $150 already for the filling to be done on one side of my incisor ($300 if I want it to look more “even” eh no thanks), and with that consultation… this 15 minutes’ visit costed me $180+ omg. *I should wait to visit only when Dr Lee is on duty next time.*  

Comments