New Apple Watch SE + YB’s belated bday buffet @ Straits Chinese Nonya Restaurant + Katsturi lunch with Mike & MY &《이상한 변호사 우영우》+ Fong Seng nasi lemak & Buta Kin with Potato + Leaf Corner with Potato & MTLS Online Quest 2022 + negotiation meeting + virtual Yogalates & Fight-Do

20/8/22 Sat: Got my new Apple Watch SE recently after applying for the HSBC Revolution card. Started pairing it to my phone and enrolled into LumiHealth this morning. *Don’t like that it came with a USB-C cable though.* Will take the time to observe and review Apple Watch before I decide in future if I would use other trackers or smartwatches. *Sold off my old Fitbit Inspire HR of three years on Carousell pretty quickly.*

22/8/22 Mon: Met YB at the Straits Chinese Nonya Restaurant and treated her to their buffet lunch for her belated birthday celebration lol. We reckoned the nonya kueh, the butter prawn, kueh pie tee and the fatty meat was nice, but others were so-so. We didn’t like their crab meat though… tasted off. *We don’t meet up often, but sharing something close at heart is what we’d do.* We went shopping around at Uniqlo at Suntec City before Potato came to fetch us.

I cooked Masa’s spicy chicken udon for dinner for the third time after so long. Quite a success considering that I managed to ‘save’ the chicken essence in the wrapping paper because they used to all be gone in the pan filled with boiling water because I didn’t wrap my chicken meat properly with the baking paper.

However, I need more time to cook our usual portion of boneless chicken meat than what’s recommended in his video (10 minutes in total but we probably need at least 15) and I could probably work with less soy sauce in the mixture to reduce the saltiness.

23/8/22 Tues: *My eyes could do with more time away from screens. I reckon the dry eye issue is back again.* MY and I had lunch at Marsiling Mall hawker centre in the pouring afternoon, bumped into my department colleagues as well. *The negotiation felt like it’s been dragged for too long. I better get what I deserve.* Quite a few beginners in aerial yoga class tonight, and though I managed to do the more advanced pose, it was not caught on camera, but it’s okay~ for next time!

24/8/22 Weds: As usual, great kimchi fried rice by my Potato! <3

25/8/22 Thurs: MY, Mike and I had lunch at Kasturi Nasi Padang at MEGA Woodlands, the stall jockey Amirul owns. The nasi padang ($5.50) was not bad. Three of us were eating and chatting with him at the same time. *Lol I didn’t realise he was sitting beside me at first.*

After a hearty meal cooked by Potato, that consisted of celery, carrot and sweet corn soup and marinated chicken thigh meat cooked with mushroom, onion and cherry tomato in butter and olive oil, PotaTOHs finished watching《이상한 변호사 우영우》(Extraordinary Attorney Woo) together~ as we enjoyed the longan and grass jelly dessert mum gave us hehe.

Very nice balance of law, romance and comedy in the show. Though fictional, 박은빈played the role of the savant autistic lawyer우영우really well. The frequencies of her “passion”, the whales and dolphins appeared a bit too much for me, but we still enjoyed the drama overall. Another well-done k-drama since Hospital Playlist!

Rating: 4.75/5

26/8/22 Fri: Did Qigong in the morning with socks on. *Received my pretty City Scapes earrings from WhereBilly!* After my Piloxing class, we drove to Fong Seng Nasi Lemak at West Coast for dinner. The chicken wing set costed $3.80 but adding one more veggie costed $1 more. We both agreed the chilli was good and overall too, but travelling there is a bit of a hassle if there was no car though.

27/8/22 Sat: I decided to have a day off and rested at home after tuition with Rayne. *Ouch my left lower back ache came suddenly after Piloxing yesterday hmph.* PotaTOHs headed to Beauty World food centre to have dinner at the Japanese ramen stall, Buta Kin. I had their special red sauce ramen ($9) while dear had the special ramen ($8) in which both had three slices if chashu, black fungus and Ajitama eggs… nice but we’d only go again if we have a car or it’s ‘on-the-way’ kind of visit in future.

28/8/22 Sun: *One of the rare race days that I finished work before 10.30pm…* Came home to one of my all-time favourite, teriyaki salmon and stir-fried celery with crabstick, mushroom and carrot for dinner!

29/8/22 Mon: *If no one complains about a problem, does it mean the problem don’t exist anymore? I don’t get how people can think and work like that.* PotaTOHs drove over to Leaf Corner at Nanyang CC for lunch after my Pilates class. *Thanks cousin XY for the lovely flower lego set!* I had their宫保猴头菇便当while Potato ordered their肉骨茶. I quite enjoyed mine and his soup had a strong猴头菇taste to it too!

Listened to my vo as the narrator of the game: https://mtls22onlinequest.com.sg/ ! Very happy though it was not perfect technically. *It would also be a great help if we could see the storyboard before recording.* Decided to cook capsicum, mushroom, celery, onion and lentil tomato-based pasta with linguine for dinner after Potato’s suggestion. *Forgot to add the pasta water to the tomato sauce in the end haiz.*

30/8/22 Tues: Did not take any photos in aerial class though I manged to complete the final flow a few times because there were a number of newbies in class and Diana had to go around helping them. Still, I’m glad I did it even if it meant a lot of arm strength!

31/8/22 Weds: *如果这真是上层的过失,那还需要打‘人情牌’吗?这样的结果尚未如我所愿,甚至还觉得弥补来得太迟,但至少我鼓起勇气提出了要求,上层才会去讨论然后得出结论。“史无前例”听起来好像很厉害,但作为职员,我觉得这是我们对得起自己及自我检讨的分内工作。我是容易心软的人,表现得歉意无穷我就觉得受不起了。但我得告诉自己这是暂时性的,日后在事业的道路上还是要为自己而辩护、而辩驳。我不会拍马屁,只会一步一脚印。反正,工作只是生活的一部分,搞得自己不开心又何必呢?*

Ian came over to our place for chit-chat session after his Bali trip and dinner with Potato.

1/9/22 Thurs: WFH today and attended the virtual Yogalates class. It was yoga for the first half and pilates for the second in my opinion… a few challenging poses but you don’t sweat in the class. More for stretch, which is good when one needs it.

Interviewed Michael and Louis and was working on Celavi’s Korea Sprint story and Jerlyn’s appeals almost the whole day. *I hope she runs wells this Sunday!*

Potato cooked Mille-Feuille for dinner tonight and added celery, enoki shroom and red date to the bacon and napa cabbage in chicken stock~ very tasty!

2/9/22 Fri: Craved for the炎记海鲜汤at Marsiling Mall hawker and it’s now $8 for a bowl with rice. Very salty and there’s this buttery taste in the soup that did not go well. Understandably and like most hawkers, they did not devein the prawns either. Not going for it again any time soon.

Potato whipped up rosti, breaded sutchi, sausage and salad for dinner~ Fran and Ian joined us too. Ian got a free mooncake from The Patissier because he bought James’ birthday cake… more like a dessert cake. Interesting layering inside the white chocolate and ¼ share worked well for everyone.

3/9/22 Sat: Took some time to explain my work on race day to RK at the weighing room this afternoon. Managed to wrap up everything by 10pm and have the family over for James’ 34th birthday celebration after their Korean BBQ and drinking session at Gone Rouge.

The chocolate cake that Ian bought from The Patissier was good, and the family chatted late into the night.

4/9/22 Sun: Ian slept over and three of us went to Gombak Central to try the fish lor mee ($4) for lunch, but it was so-so. The chee cheong fun that Potato bought was good though. *Also exchanged my Hyuuga Diffuser for another one with the boss Zac because the motor sounded a bit loud recently.* Came back home and worked on Celavi’s story about her run in the Group 3 Korea Sprint the whole night.

Had an amazing tom yam ramen with prawn, ajitama, tofu and bok choy cooked by Potato! The sourness and spiciness of the soup was on point and the prawns were plump and springy! *Ouch my left lower back ache worsened after a whole day of work yesterday! Shit I felt the sharp pain a few times.*

5/9/22 Mon: Had a good exercise on the Pilates reformer this morning, before I went to buy meatless caifan for PotaTOHs’ lunch. *The inflation in prices is insanely quick. Gonna try another stall next time.* I cooked corn and carrot soup with stir-fried bok choy and lentil for dinner on our meatless Mondays.

6/9/22 Tues: Had pig stomach soup at老街肉骨茶for lunch at Bukit Panjang Plaza with Janet… not bad though slightly expensive.

Did a new flow tonight and though it looked relatively easy, it required some arm strength.

7/9/22 Weds: Potato treated us to lunch at Itacho Sushi at Star Vista~ both of us had chirashi don~ satisfied. Then, he went to buy drum sticks for his students from Swee Lee before we headed back. *Borrowed “Don’t Worry: 48 Lessons on Achieving Calm” from my brother to read… I love this kind of light yet enlightening read.* Joined instructor Desmond for the virtual Fight-Do class in the evening… good sweat-out but I dislike the “HIIT” portion as usual haha.

PotaTOH whipped up cream penne with sausage, Chinese spinach, capsicum, musroom, cherry tomato and onion~ it tasted really good but my hubby almost always overestimate our stomachs’ ability, so the portion was huge…

Comments