Virtual Yoga Flow class & STC Townhall + Xiao Ya Tou & Café Kreams with Jess & YJ +《내일》+ Off/On: Everyday Technology that Changed our Lives 1970s-2000s & Tamoya Udon with Potato + Doc appt for ringing in left ear

20/7/22 Weds: Joined in a Yoga Flow class on Zoom in the morning. The male teacher is probably my dad’s age, but he was very agile, flexible and strong! The sun salutation was done over eight times fast, and then warrior poses etc before he let us work on balancing and the core. Some of them were quite a challenge to me and because I was stronger on my right leg, there is that imbalance somewhere too. Much as I enjoyed the class, I felt it was more for intermediate students and doubt it suits beginners like me, mostly because I’m not familiar with the different terms used in yoga classes, and hence it’s harder to catch up with their paces.

Two things I liked about the Townhall: $40 NTUC voucher for staff and a review on race day incentives. But the development of Racing in Singapore? Still not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Haiz.

Came home to delicious, marinated pork collar, mushroom, green capsicum and onion prepared by Potato before he went out for dinner with in-laws! I cooked up udon and it’s a great pairing!

21/7/22 Thurs: Omg Donna showed us the video of Harry wresting with this big Python near David’s stable early morning! Good thing it’s sent to NParks now. Wanted to buy Mr Bean for lunch but the CWP branch was closed for renovation~ had Ah Lam’s noodle at food court with Raymond instead.

22/7/22 Fri: Attended virtual Qigong class in the morning, but because it’s at 9am, I felt that the timing is not here nor there for me because if I have oatmeal in the morning, it’s be too close to class start, if I eat an hour after class finishes, it’d be 11am and too close to lunch already haiz.

Ian dropped by to have lunch and take poker chips from us. Nice virtual piloxing class with Stephanie in the evening!

Potato cooked bitter gourd soup and teriyaki-glazed salmon for dinner~ went well with kimchi!

23/7/22 Sat: Met Jess and YJ for dinner at Xiao Ya Tou. I liked their lobster kueh pie tee ($24 for four) the most, the XYT hokkien mee ($32) was alright, but the tasted didn’t match for the truffle roasted duck ($32) and the spicy Brussels Sprouts ($19) was drowned with too many flavours. I suggested we go there for dinner but I guess trying once is enough haha.

At night, YJ recommended Café Kreams at Tanjong Pagar for tiramisu and vanilla mille crepe cakes for desserts. I quite liked their heavy coffee-based tiramisu, but the taste of milk was too much in the mille crepe for me. We were going on and on about buying houses in Singapore since YJ is looking around for one nowadays.

24/7/22 Sun: Came home after work to clams in butter and white wine made by Potato! They paired nicely with mushroom, carrot and celery~

25/7/22 Mon: Good Pilates class with Chisa in the morning after three weeks of rest. Had lunch with Mike impromptu at Fishop and he treated me to the grilled salmon fish and chips.

I decided to cook red spinach with wolfberry, mushroom and lentil at night, and also a pot of seaweed, carrot, tofu, egg and onion soup in chicken stock for our meatless dinner tonight. Simple~

26/7/22 Tues: Mike, LL and I had lunch at Tamago-En. *Their unagi tasted a bit off.* Casual chatting and gossiping lol. *Plans. Hmm. For now, money can still solve most of the problems.*

Yip taught us aerial yoga tonight and one of the poses that test our core strength was so much for me that when the straps wrapped tightly around my belly, I farted keke~ twice somemore! *And I thought it was loud la lol!*  

27/7/22 Weds: PotaTOHs made Vietnamese prawn rolls for dinner! It’s been more than a year since we made it for my NCSS friends at our housewarming, but it tasted as good! Each of us had six and I reckon that’s the limit… anymore and it would have been too much. However, I could have reduced the amount of water in the dipping sauce.

On a side note, one pot of plants is growing flowers and I have no idea why! Lol~
28/7/22 Thurs: Potato cooked Japanese curry rice for dinner! We tried the spicier version this time and I liked it better than the previous sweeter one, but he liked the previous one.

29/7/22 Fri: Nowadays, Qigong session on Friday mornings is like a “warm-up” for me now… not bad a way to start the day for me. Had some leftover curry as my lunch. After sweating out at Piloxing class, I cooked Taiwan ramen with mushroom and minced pork dumpling, salmon, red onion, lettuce, celery, egg and spring onion in chilli oil and chicken stock soup for my “solo dinner” haha~ enjoyable on a rainy day.

PotaTOHs finished watching내일(Tomorrow) together at night.

Lots of loophole in this drama about grim reaper, but interesting concept on a “risk management” team among them to save human who are suicidal.

Rating: 3.5/5

30/7/22 Sat: PotaTOHs supposed to go to National Museum for the “Off/On: Everyday Technology that Changed our Lives 1970s-2000s”, but I led the wrong way to National Gallery at first lol!

Not a big hall, but we saw interesting “old technology” like the typewriters, pagers, Nokia phones and televisions with the big backside… reminded me of how mum used to watch stock market on “Teletext” but I did not know about travel and matchmaking news on that platform!

Decided to go over to Centrepoint to collect my Apple SE watch but as we had to wait for more than two hours, PotaTOHs decided to shop at OG Orchard and bought a HappyCall wok pan ($49.90) and chopping board ($19.90) that we needed at home. We ate black garlic tonkotsu udon, spicy tonkotsu udon, shiitake mushroom and Japanese sweet potato for early dinner at Tamoya Udon. The udon was springy, but both of us thought that the black garlic tonkotsu soup was nicer.

31/7/22 Sun: Came home to chicken stew made by Potato after race day! There’s also potato, carrot, onion, enoki shroom, tofu and celery in that flavourful pot.

1/8/22 Mon: Good pilates reformer workout with Chisa this morning. PotaTOHs went to Greendot at Westgate for our Meatless Monday meals and I really enjoyed their rice bento and yong tau foo fried tofu.

2/8/22 Tues: Busy day with research work for press release and emails, but very happy whenever I go over to my parents’ for dinner after work hehe.

Did splits on the straps tonight.

3/8/22 Weds: Fruitful day at work. PotaTOHs had the laksa prawn and chicken burger at Macdonalds for dinner… tasted okay.

4/8/22 Thurs: Had lunch at Encik Tan with Tracy and Cherry. Met Matthew on our way back to office. Spoke a bit with them and everyone was lamenting about the Club. *Good opportunities out there for me… should I forgo my interest/skillset to learn new things?*

Came home and cooked udon soup for us both! I craved for pan-fried gyoza and sesame beansprout cold dish, so I tried both and the gyoza came out not bad, though I added a bit too much light soy sauce for the cold dish haha. Soup-wise, I made soba sauce and dumped in celery, lettuce and enoki shroom.

5/8/22 Fri: Woke up at 6+am to go to the toilet and when I lay back down, I realised the loud ringing in my left ear suddenly. It took me a while to fall to sleep again and by the time I woke up at 7am, the ringing was obviously still there, albeit softer. *I think it comes on now and then, but I'd have to cover my left ear to really hear it most of the time.*

I know that there is this huge, hard ear wax in my left ear, which once blocked my hearing entirely for a few days when we use the Bebird ear wax removal tool at home to scope it. Potato and I both tried to remove it but even scrapping a bit of it can be very painful. Decided to visit Distinct Clinic near my place after Qigong in the morning as it’s one of the clinic under Great Eastern’s Supreme Care policy.

Dr Bay took a look with the orthoscope and prescribed me with two bottles of olive oil which I have to apply two times daily to soften the ear wax, before I go back next week for ear syringing and hopefully, it removes that stubborn chunk completely.

After the usual piloxing class and half an hour of lower back relief exercise to help with my suspected-sciatica pain (due to prolonged sitting and bad posture at work) in the evening, we ate vongole spaghetti, one of Potato's signature dishes keke~ the Italian herb and butter made the taste even richer… so much so we thought 100g of spaghetti per person was not enough la haha!

                                   

Comments