Mansion of Madness & Domino’s Pizza @ Joan & Galv’s + ear syringing & VO recording + Singing Bowl meditation & Oishii Restorante for Ahna’s bday

6/8/22 Sat: PotaTOHs reached Joan and Galvin’s in the afternoon and we played a bit with two other cats, Miko and Tails, who they helped look after for their friends. Josh, Tiff, Mervyn and SD came later. PY reached after work. We played two rounds of “Mansion of Madness” while having Domino’s Pizza for late dinner.

7/8/22 Sun: Darn the Racing Portal was down the whole day so work was very much interrupted throughout race day for me. Even if the front end was fixed by 8pm, the backend was not, so I still could not upload any news for the day. *Now I have to work “OT” tmr or Tuesday just to get my posts uploaded! Argh!*

Still, it was nice to have homecooked meal for dinner from my in-laws that Potato brought back~

8/8/22 Mon: Did lower back stretching exercises as usual and headed to Distinct HealthCare clinic to remove my ear wax after about four days of olive oil application. Dr Zhao said she usually advised her patients to apply for 10 to 14 days before going down for ear syringing, but after taking a look at the condition of my ear wax, she mentioned there are some “porous” parts, so we could give it a dry.

Basically, she “shot” warm water into my left ear for about eight to 10 times to flush the ear wax out. It was only a bit painful once or twice when she aimed at the rooftop of the ear, but most of the time there’s just this “weird” feeling. Bit by bit, they came out, but one last bigger chunk only fell out after 10 minutes or so of ear syringing. *Water, however, did dripped and wet my top a bit.* After that, she checked and said it was thoroughly clean, and that she saw the “reflective” surface of the eardrum, so it looked good haha. The minute she stopped, I got a bit giddy when I tried to move, so I had to lie against the wall for about 10 seconds or so. Anyway, the ‘ringing’ was gone in my left ear almost right after the procedure was done yay!

Came back home and talked to Lydia a bit about our website, which was still down at that time. *A leap of faith… yeah?* Had a quick lunch before I took a Grab car over to Pearl’s Hill Terrace for vo recording. Took us three and a half hours to complete everything as they had some editing to do on the spot. Very nice teachers who were understanding and we had some laughters haha. *Cheers to challenges that bring me higher up the ladder in life!*

I cooked meatless tom yam ramen soup for dinner for us! Added bok choy, carrot, enoki shroom, onion, egg, tofu and spring onion to the soup made up of water, tom yam sauce and chicken stock… came out not bad!

9/8/22 Tues: Had the craving for kimbap because we’d been watching《이상한 변호사 우영우》(Extraordinary Attorney Woo), so jio-ed Fran, Ian to have lunch with us at Myung Ga II hehe. *Fran told us the next day that her younger sister tested positive for Covid-19, so we have to monitor ourselves.* Ian drove us home, stayed for the afternoon before driving us over to my parents’ for dinner~ thanks!  

10/8/22 Weds: *Omg air tickets to New Zealand in December are so expensive now!* Had teriyaki salmon, broccoli with mushroom, onion and carrot, as well as tamago prepared by Potato for dinner~ yummy!
11/8/22 Thurs: Celebrated CMO’s birthday in the morning. Then, YJ and another boy from IT department helped resolved my laptop’s sudden issue of not being able to connect to another monitor, missing microphone and the inability to control the brightness level manually and that was when I learnt that a one-time forced shut-down I did probably led to the hard disk issue. YJ downloaded and re-installed some files to resolve the problems. Came home to “budae jiggae” prepared by Potato~ shiok!

12/8/22 Fri: Did my Qigong exercise, then a phoner with Silvestre and Stephen. Potato used the remaining sausages to make tomato-based penne pasta for lunch!

Attended the virtual Piloxing class and it was work the whole day. *Mike has a point on my article. Room for improvement there.*

13/8/22 Sat: Met Ahna, LL and Jess for a session of singing bowl meditation at The Singing Bowl Gallery. Our teacher Christina guided us through a short 10 minutes meditation at first before we could get into any pose we find relaxing to start the “gong cleansing” session.

It lasted for about half an hour or so, the music sounded rather harmonious, but I was also mindful not to fall asleep and I could hear people turning and tossing about, as well as the sound of their breathing. Christina said we’re allowed to fall asleep if needed, but as I already dozed off a few times while doing lower back stretching this afternoon, I did not haha. *Calming experience and one really relaxes, but I won’t go for weekly sessions, unless I’m that stressed out.*

Glad to hear it worked quite well for LL and Ahna though. Four of us then went to Oishii Restorante across the street for dinner. My salmon and fish roe don ($28) was okay, but the taste of yuzu overpowered the salmon. *It’s nice how we can always talk about happenings in our lives with each other.*  

14/8/22 Sun: *I don’t like feature race meetings because I tend to work so late for them. Got to sort this out.* Came home to Potato’s homecooked meal using the packaged lobster soup pack we bought some time ago at NTUC.

15/8/22 Mon: My inner thighs are so tired after this morning’s Pilates Reformer session using the Pilates ball. Prepared my usual tofu cold dish and stir-fried napa cabbage with mushroom and carrot for dinner. I decided to try peach vinegar instead of usual one for the tofu dish but omg the taste of almond essence is a bit too overwhelming for us lol.

16/8/22 Tues: Attended aerial yoga class with my sore inner thighs haha. Diana took a video of Sherill and me doing the flow taught tonight but both of us forgot the “dangling” part towards the end and kept laughing because our legs are already dangling, so do we dangle our hands too? Lol. *I like how focused I am in an exercise class after work that I forget about almost all worries at work or elsewhere.*

17/8/22 Weds: Potato cooked napa cabbage, carrot, shimeiji shroom and tomato in pork rib soup for dinner. He also air-fried some chicken cutlets mum gave us on Tuesday.

18/8/22 Thurs: *It’s been a few months, will monitor the dull ache and spotting issue and decide if I should see a doctor next month.* Potato tried pan-frying the pepper and salt-marinated sutchi fillet with flour and bread crumbs for the first time and it turned out really tasty! PotaTOHs spent an hour making 18 Ajitama at night hehe~ one turned out rather “ugly” after peeling so we ate it haha. The rest would be put into the fridge for two days for infusion of flavours from the sugar, light soy sauce and mirin mixture. 

19/8/22 Fri: *I should probably wear socks for Qigong classes moving forth!* My inner thighs still ache a little, but glad I managed to get through Piloxing class in the evening hehe. Potato cooked CP shrimp dumpling, scallop, bok choy and enoki mushroom with ramen in tom yam soup for us tonight~ yums! 

*Should start using my new Apple watch SE soon after reading more on it.*

Comments