Mike’s last race day duty + visit to Cheng Tai nursery + VO for Google + visit at Endocrinologist’s + Dad’s memory consultation @ Polyclinic + YB’s new condo + Minmed blood test @ STC & results

6/3/22 Sat: It’s my last race day duty together with Mike after close to nine years of working with him. He’s leaving for SPH, but we will still see each other in future, albeit working under different entities. Took a few photos for him prior to the start of the last race, and one can tell how close the trainers and jockeys are to him.

*He drove me home and still cannot stop reminding me to be firm now that I’m alone here. I have been too dependent on my RO these past years I guess, but now I will have to stand up for what I think is right. I am lucky to have met nice mentors like Mike and Glenn in my corporate life.*

Not forgetting my bento lunch with salmon teriyaki and tamagoyaki made by Potato! Feels very much loved amid stressful work~

7/3/22 Sun: PotaTOHs visited Cheng Tai Nursery in the morning. It’s a huge place and I have difficulty finding the right variety and size of plants that I want. Ended up with only two pots and saucers, two Asparagus fern and a 5kg pack of potting soil.

We then bought kimchi, chicken meat, carrot and onion for fried rice in the afternoon. Had dinner at my in-laws’ and Luke knows how to say “daddy” and “mummy” now!

8/3/22 Mon: Did the mandarin VO on a safety training video for Google data centre. *Surprised that they did not have to switch off the air-con. Is it only me or times have changed? Lol.* The client was not on hand to listen, so only the engineer Matthew, project Manager Liz and their director was present. It had been so long since I stepped into a recording studio. *I am still annoyed by the pops and clicks noise my mouth makes every time.* Took me about 1.5hours to finish recording and hopefully, I can get a copy of the final product to add into my portfolio too.

I decided on sweet potato and tomato stew for dinner. Did not have the necessary spices from the original recipe, and we added mushroom and celery too, so the taste could be different, but both of us still finished the dish on Meatless Monday.

9/3/22 Tues: *The start of a “Racing Desk admin” role is looming… and I don’t really like administrative duties.* Headed home for dinner and mum cooked chicken feet with peanut soup, scallop and broccoli and silver pomfret!

Was a bit stressed over work so I did not focus well at first in aerial class, but things got better when we did the final pose. I tried my best to hold my leg using my elbow but just missed that bit of interlocking the fingers behind my head haha.

10/3/22 Weds: Met the endocrinologist, Dr Tiong at NTFGH to confirm my participation in this nationwide project to test for familial hypercholesterolemia in Singaporeans. My total cholesterol level has been rather high since the day I started work, and because it has not fallen too significantly, I asked for a referral for genetics testing. Dr Tiong said the test would have costed a few thousand dollars if not for this project, but it is free now. However, I’d have to wait for KTPH to call me up as they are the only hospital that administers this test, and the results would only be out in about six months’ time. Meanwhile, I will still do my blood test during STC’s health screening in mid-March to monitor my current cholesterol levels. *Aish… must remember to present my CHAS card and Civil Servant card before payment next time.* 

Got jockey Ronnie Stewart’s number from Mike and I rang him up to do an interview as he has arrived in Singapore. *Sounds like he would start trackwork next Tuesday onwards, wishing him all the best here.*

Slurped down Potato’s homecooked chicken curry udon on a rainy day~ yums! Here's a random drawing of me Trinice did while doing her spelling lol...

11/3/22 Fri: Accompanied dad to Jurong Polyclinic for his annual memory care consultation. It all seemed better this time, and doctor said he most probably does not have dementia for now, but the family should continue to monitor him. *He’s a blur sotong, forgot to bring his NRIC, debit card nor Merdeka card etc for the visit aiyoh.* It’s also a good thing his blood test returned fine and he is healthy.

PotaTOHs tried the grilled fish aglio olio and tomato pasta ($12.90) from Fish and Chicks stall at the coffee shop at our MSCP. The aglio olio I had was quite spicy and the overall a little salty. I could eat it once in a while if the 1-for-1 promotion remains in place.

Potato marinated the pork belly slices in light soy sauce, sesame oil, Chinese wine, white pepper and honey for dinner~ another signature in the making hoho.

12/3/22 Sat: Potato headed out to play VR with Ian, James, PY and Fran in the afternoon. I went to visit YB’s new condo with Ben. ZW seemed to be comfortable around us so it’s good. *But when you have to pay full attention to young kids it’s really… tiring lol.* We had thai food from Thai Dynasty for dinner and I liked their fried basil chicken wings. Ben, YB and I caught up a little at night after ZW slept, and it felt nice to catch-up once in a while with my secondary school mates!

13/3/22 Sun: Did three interviews with Michael White, Tim Fitzsimmons and Richard Lim, who got his first winner in Race 10. Congratulations to him but that meant I was stretched for the day, so I have to embargo Lucky Jinsha’s story for Tuesday instead. *It was 11pm by the time I was done with everything, including translation for the key findings in stewards’ report.*

14/3/22 Mon: Hana takes over Chisa’s class for two weeks. She is relatively new, but her instructions were clear. But she rarely switches our spring resistance like Chisa does for most moves, so I must gauge for myself. *Oh my shoulders are really weak haha~ I even felt it when it’s already the lightest white spring!*

Had meatless army stew for dinner at night! PotaTOHs added tomato, shiitake mushroom, oyster mushroom, enoki, lentil, napa cabbage, carrot, tofu, instant noodle and egg in the stew, with kimchi as a side. It was good, but I don’t know why I experienced acid reflux late at night just before sleep. *Could be because I lied down for a while not long after dinner, otherwise it would be because of what we had for dinner...*

15/3/22 Tues: Had fun at aerial yoga class tonight but my hair looked super messy when I’m hung upside down because I forgot to bring my hair tie!

17/3/22 Thurs: Did the health screening with Minmed at STC. Paid $117.70 for package C which includes additional blood test for liver, Hba1C, thyroid etc issues that my endocrinologist asked for. *I’m nervous when measuring blood pressure, as usual… turned out to be “high normal” tsk.* The nurse took three tubes of blood from me and I even rushed to pass urine because I had to head down to barrier trials soon lol.

Luckily, it was a breeze at the interview with Ricardo. I spent the rest of the afternoon penning out the article and drafting out the requirements and arrangements for the Racing Desk when Larry Foley joins us as a freelancer. It was tiring~ *All the more I feel STC should recognise my efforts by mid-year. Otherwise, what’s the point of staying at the Club for 8+ years?*

Also attended a health talk by Health Promotion Board during lunch time. It was about healthy fats and how much fats should one consume a day (kcal). It is about 1800kcal for women and 2200kcal for men.

18/3/22 Fri: The health screening result from Minmed was out at 8+pm yesterday. My total cholesterol and LDL is very high like before, though it dipped a little by about 10% from November I last checked at the polyclinic. However, my HDL level has decreased, and my triglycerides have increased, which is not good of course, albeit they are still at optimal levels. I am mildly anaemic because of Thalessemia, which is something I already know. Then, there’s traces of blood found in my urine too, which is something I must find out from their doctors when I do the free teleconsultation with them. I also did the Hba1C test which my endocrinologist requested for, and so far, my diabetes mellitus profile is normal. *Still waiting for KTPH to call me for the FH genetics testing.*

Potato cooked tom yam chicken with enoki and my favourite napa cabbage soup for dinner hehe~ Then, we headed to Ian’s to send him off at T1 for his business trip to UK. It’s been two and a half years since I last stepped foot at Changi airport, and Jewel was already closed by the time we got there haha. PotaTOHS drove home using Ian’s car since he will be away for two weeks.  

19/3/22 Sat: Potato cooked cold soba, teriyaki salmon with paprika and stir-fried napa cabbage with mushroom and carrot for dinner~ It’s always nice to have some home-cooked food after a long day of work.

20/3/22 Sun: Potato forgot and cooked extra rice at dinner yesterday, so we saved the rice to make kimchi fried rice for dinner tonight. The boneless chicken meat was very well-marinated and fragrant yums!

*Turning on the diffuser for two hours into sleep seemed to help with my sinus a lot!*

Comments