Pandemic & steamboat with Farmily +《시지프스》+ boys’ night + usual home meals and takeaways!

6/8/21 Fri: Potato marinated boneless chicken leg in gochujang sauce with other condiments, and I helped fry some white cabbage with mushrooms and carrots for dinner. *Had fun watching and helping Ian swipe “left”, “right” on the Bumble app.*

7/8/21 Sat: We thought to try Bukit Timah Food Centre for lunch but dang the queue for my chicken rice took quite some time. Got nonya chendol, fried ngoh hiang, popiah and rojak too and I reckon we parked the car there for about one and a half hours there.

8/8/21 Sun: Potato made kimchi soup with pork belly, fishball with roes, carrots but he forgot to add in tofu lol. Had spinach, mushrooms and carrots to go along with the soup dish too.

9/8/21 Mon: PY came over in the afternoon and the four of us played a few rounds of “Pandemic” together. They went over to Giant at IMM to buy ingredients for steamboat at night when I had tuition with Amelia.

Francine brought her portable steamboat induction cooker, pot and bread over in the evening because PotaTOHs don’t have them at home haha. The mushroom soup base from Haidilao was not bad! The Farmily played two more rounds of “Pandemic” at night while Ian entertained us with his guitar and singing hehe~

11/8/21 Weds: *Managed to settle dad’s new electricity contract with Senoko, collection of his NRIC at IRAS and brought home lots of fruits and walnut thanks to mum on Tuesday night!* PotaTOHs resume exercising in the morning ever since I paused due to my second Covid-19 jab and he cooked fried rice and white cabbage corn soup for us for lunch.

12/8/21 Thurs: Simple dinner with bok choy and carrots, sausages and kimchi pancake. *That kimchi pancake from NTUC is not nice… would not buy it again.*

14/8/21 Sat: Ian, Potato and I finished watching《시지프스》after having the yummy Oyako-don Potato cooked for us for lunch!

Dramas are always interesting with the concept of time travel, but it can get complicated and frustrating too. I guess my brain travelled with the leads… and never seemed to make it back lol.

Rating: 3/5

James reached our place while Potato and I were playing “Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes”. The boys had a good catch-up as they downed beer, gin and tonic, MacDonald’s, curry puff and kueh pisang. They were reminiscing their younger days, Potato’s bachelor night, Ian’s “horrifying” plane ride back from Greece with the crying toddler, James’s married life and etc. Potato and I slpt at 1+am, while the other two chatted till 4am, so James slept over.

16/8/21 Mon: Potato stir-fried bok choy with carrots and scallops while I did my pork belly enoki roll in teriyaki sauce for lunch! *Shall skip adding salt next time before I roll the enoki, just black pepper can do because the soy sauce mixed in later for teriyaki sauce is salty too.* 

17/8/21 Tues: After dinner at my parents, Potato drove me over to ITE College West for my aerial yoga class. *It’s COVID period, so even the main gate for drop-off was not opened. He had to drop me near the LRT and then I walked in to the school myself.* Good warm-up and return to class without mask on yay! We did a new pose tonight, though the moves were all familiar.

18/8/21 Weds: Joined May’s freestyle reformer class for the first time. She is very clear with her instructions, but the moves were not easy. I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t attended Pilates in a while since the heightened restriction, but I felt that my arms somehow got weaker? Lol.

It was tomato-based pasta with minced meat at night! Potato did not buy Worcester sauce so we made a sauce using apple cider vinegar and light soy sauce~ anyway it turned out great!

19/8/21 Thurs: Ian cooked bah kut teh for us for dinner tonight! It’s herbal-ish, hence the slight bitter note towards the end, but definitely good for a rainy day.

20/8/21 Fri: Growing plants indoor ain’t that easy either. My peace lily looked like it was dying after only a few months with us. I read up online and decided to soak the whole pot in a basin of water for 10 minutes and the stalks and leaves miraculously stood up taller a day after that! *I’d been underwatering it and now I know that I have to make sure the water seeps out of the holes every time I water the Peace Lily!*

Potato cooked the Mille-Feuille Nabe using pork belly, napa cabbage and rice wine but without chicken broth this time. I still enjoyed the stock, though I think bacon and chicken broth would be a better pairing in this dish. He “doubled the dose” with another pot of carrots, potatoes, and onion soup for lunch.

We had simple home-cooked Japanese curry for dinner!

21/8/21 Sat: Drove out to Coronation Plaza to buy laksa, mee siam, popiah and kueh pai tee from My Cosy Corner. They were known for these local eats (but also sells some Japanese meals) and we were lucky the queue was not long. We all agreed everything was delicious, especially the Chinese turnip!

22/8/21 Sun: Had chicken pho ($5) from Blk 134 for lunch… average. However, I could not take the Viet rolls though… taste of mint leaves was way too much for me.

Potato did the prep work for dinner at night. We had clams in white wine and butter, with wine, ginger, garlic, and spring onions in them… went well with rice. He stir-fried celery with carrots, king oyster shrooms and baby scallops which was yummy too.

Comments