追我吧 + Vagabond + Busted Season 1 & 2 + Beatrice's 1st bday celebration + Nipong Naepong with Justin + Cluedupp Detective game & dinner @ Xu Ting + 热带雨 + Gideon's 18th bday @ Upin Hotpot & Suparakki ramen with Jess & LL + Xmas lunch @ SS's & dinner @ MM's + PotaTOH's anniv wedding photoshoot sharing + Xmas gametime @ MY's

It was after the news outbreak of the sad passing of高以翔did I know this Chinese variety show called “追我吧”. The show was cut short due to the accident and only three episodes were broadcasted. You go "wow wow" at the scale of the competition and setups they have for the show, but it also clearly showed how physically demanding it was for the artistes. Some of the guys like陈伟霆and萧敬腾have pretty good stamina imo, but not so for the female counterparts. They also invited experts in different areas say Olympic athletics, parkour master and also跑男家族members to compete with the show's members.
Sure was interesting to watch, and one could tell they were always tired from the competition. But, if necessary precautionary measures were not taken properly, then it should be axed.

Rating: 3.75/5

Saw the trailer of Vagabond, and it sure looks intriguing being a collaboration with Netflix. Granted I have heard of a song from이승기before the drama, I've never taken notice of this actor or singer. *I knew Suzy even more as she was from Miss A lol.* But wow he definitely transformed into the manly stuntman차달건, though almost always angsty, I still went "帅" watching him in the action scenes haha! I can't wait to see more from이승기though, because he does look to have the potential to execute different types of characters. *Unlike신성록, who acted as기태웅in the drama. He has this stern face and deep voice, so I can't imagine him as a comedian or laughable character.*
Love the complication and story as a whole, but the open ending certainly tells audience there has to be a Season 2 la! If it doesn't, 那就是烂剧了啦~
Also, some scenes were shot in Morocco, North Africa, a new "turf" for me as an audience, and the country reminds me of Istanbul and Israel.

Rating: 4/5

I found out that이승기was in Season 2 of the detective variety show Busted, and I decided to catch both seasons of Busted, a total of 20 episodes.
Though I can't help but think it must have been scripted somehow (or unless the casts are that clever most of the time to solve things just in time~), many of the cases are still interesting. I watched this also for유재석and이광수since Running Man days. 
Shan't reveal that much since I plan to catch this again with Potato someday, but audience can easily tell the intelligent and brave ones were the girls박민영and김세정, 김종민was the blur sotong most of the time, and오세훈was the competitive young guy.
I can't really split between S1 and S2 too haha, because I do enjoy them, and also learnt a bit from how they solve the puzzles. If I have to point out episodes that stands out, then it must be the ones where they have the high IQ detectives team versus host team episodes.

Rating: 4.5/5
30/11/19 Sat: Attended PH's daughter, Beatrice's one-year-old birthday celebration near her place. Been some time since I saw SY too, whose eldest daughter is now four, and she is now four-months pregnant with a second child. James has two daughters too... wow from secondary school classmates to parents now neh!
Potato and I headed back to Robinson's at JEM to look at "residual sales" from the Black Friday sales a day before haha. We bought a Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute + 1 Dyson tower fan bundle ($934), 5 Lock and Lock storage containers ($15) and 1 Tefal pan ($49) to get free delivery to my place. Walked over to IMM Akemi factory outlet where we managed to find one queen-sized Akemiuchi Stetson bedsheet set ($49) after 20% discount. Also settled on Maxcoil's Jardin II (Queen-size) Individual barrel pocketed spring + natural latex pillow-top mattress (2 pillows & mattress protector) with bedframe ($2399) from UniSprings, which we'd already set our eyes on since months ago.

2/12/19 Mon: Had dinner with Justin at Nipong Naepong to discuss on some of my policies. We pretty much enjoyed the dishes. 

7/12/19 Sat: Potato and I met SS, John, YJ and Francine for lunch at Raffles City food court before starting our outdoor detective game which we signed up with Cluedupp. To our surprise, there were so many groups, both locals and foreigners, playing the game at City Hall area!
We move as a team to look around for witnesses, gather evidence and deduce the murderer and weapon.
Some of the teams really dressed up for the game haha. We had to chase after two virtual witnesses that "ran away" on the map too. Reached Funan mall and Potato happened to bump into his friends who were promoting for Tiger beer outside and he took the grapefruit-flavoured one hehe. 
"The Sherlock Holmies" solved the crime correctly after 2+ hours! *The murderers were a group of three!* We were placed No 85 haha. The first team only took 45minutes to complete it sia~
Had to go back home and finished work before going out to meet Ahna, LL, KU and Jess for hotpot dinner at Xu Ting restaurant that Ahna recommended. We had individual pots, and the rest of the ingredients were free for order. The place was good enough for us to chit-chat too. Food was not bad, and I liked the idea of an individual pot, but it wasn't cheap ($45).
10/12/19 Tues: Potato and I watched“热带雨” at JP thanks to a pair of free GV pass I won. 

It tells about the story of a secondary school Chinese teacher (杨雁雁饰) who loves kids but it was difficult for her to bore one. She looks after her wheelchair-bound FIL (杨世彬饰) well, though her relationship with her husband (李铭顺饰) had already turned cold. 许家乐acts as a secondary four kid whom excelled in martial arts, and had a crush on the Chinese teacher. 这血气方刚的学生和老师发生了性关系,也有了不伦恋, but one could tell the adult was "half-against" it, because "common sense" would tell you this is wrong, and in many ways. 
The "breaking up" in the rain? It was bound to happen, and it has to happen. It was probably one of the many lessons in the boy's life that he had to dealt with during growing up years.
爱与否?越界与否?世事对错终究难衡量。

Rating: 3.5/5

We met ID Ben from Luova Project Services a second time at his office, and he showed us some moodboard and ideas while explaining the quotation to us. 

Aerial yoga at night with Yip was mostly focused on lower back stretches, and I didn't know they'd be so straining!
13/12/19 Fri: Celebrated Gideon's 18th birthday by treating him to lunch at Upin Hotpot. I doubt it's any cheaper than海底捞honestly, as the bill amounted to $98 for two. He ordered some premium beef la. 
Walked over to Two of a Kind contact lens studio nearby, and did a trial lens fitting and eye-check with the optician Casey Ng. It all felt very fast, but I reckon he still did a pretty thorough job, and gave me 10 free pairs to try on before I left. *The good thing was he said I could stick to wearing the same pair of spectacles I have now, though I did thought for a few times that I might need to change glasses somehow.*
Met Jess and LL at Suparraki at Westgate for dinner. I tried their dry ramen ($6.90) and though the truffles smell was very strong, but overall taste only so-so to me. After that, three of us continued to sit and chit-chat at Poppy Pops café. *Yuzu chrysanthemum tea ($6) was good! Shall try that at home in future hehe~*
14/12/19 Sat: Potato and I went over to SS and John's place in the afternoon for Xmas gathering with my uni girls. LC brought her niece AN over, while MT also brought her son Alwyn. Had yummy food and played Mario Kart and Overcooked. 
SS and WT bought us Christmas gifts too yay~ Soon after XY, LC and AN left, Mich, WT and her hubby, SS and I played a round of Unlock, the card games that Potato brought. *Guessed they had fun haha!*
Went over to MM and Andre's at night and we had Umi sushi for dinner! Had some fun playing Yaniv and Set too.

16/12/19 Mon: It's exactly a month into Potato's first year of wedding, and hence I thought to share some photos from our wedding shoots in Seoul in June this year. The first photo was also the one we chose as our acrylic frame picture, and some of the rest were edited while most were the original shots. This setting was one of my favourite too.
After a visit to四马路观音庙 and lunch at the market centre nearby with Potato, we went over to CWP to meet MY and Amelia for "games day" at MY's place! We saw her dog and CK daughter's one at her place, did a "tour" around again of the big jumbo flat, and then cosied up in her "theatre and play room" for rounds of Mario Party and Overcooked 2!
It's the first time Potato, Amelia and I played Mario Party and gosh this game is fun haha~ I enjoyed the "actions" a lot! And who knew~ I'd end up the individual champion in the board game! *I think I'm just better at action-packed games than games that require lots of thinking LOL.*

17/12/19 Tues: Did some new poses for core work and I guess my abs muscle still cmi haha~ they involved arms too. The class took a photo together at the end to celebrate Christmas~

Comments