Potato’s 31st Bday + WZ & my bday lunch @ 呷三碗 + dinner with Alina & HT @ Genki Sushi + 《Chloe迷途》+《温暖的弦》

30/9/19 Mon: Potato liked the tom yam soup at Hot Spot eatery at Burlington Square, and brought me over there for lunch. I’ve had it before with XY, but I did not have much impression of it, but I thought maybe the soup tasted a little different with seafood in it. We also thought his tasted slightly spicier for the pure tom yam soup with seafood, while mine had thick bee hoon in it.

Walked over to Bugis Junction, and we shopped at BHG for a while looking at bedroom linen sets and culinary wares for our new home next year. *A lot to learn in this aspect and I’m looking forward!* Saw Belle-Ville yet again outside the mall and I have always wanted to try this kind of pancake for once~ so we had that for tea-break keke. We ate the four slices of Matcha pancake ($12+?) and yes it was fluffy and soft, but probably not the kind of dessert I’d have over and over again.
Popped into The Cat Café when it opened at 3pm. It was $16 per person per entry with a complimentary drink, and you can stay in there for the rest of the day. There were 15 cats around, plus my Big Cat who loves them a lot haha. Cats are different from dogs as they are much quieter and lazier (bo chup guys~), though they do in general enjoy the touch from us. 
Played with Silver as she laid on her tummy there in a box~ but this poor cat vomited after dinner. 
After a good 3+ hours in the café, we went to Hana Hana华花where we made reservation for omakase dinner. More than 10 dishes and they were yummy. Potato and I enjoyed ourselves~ The ambience was relaxing, the staffs joked and the boss was happily chit-chatting away with Japanese-speaking customers.

We had tofu appetizer, sashimi, pan-seared fish with lotus roots and shrooms, crab meat mesh, tuna handroll, BBQ-ed unagi, green-coloured ginko, crab leg in buttery soup, pork belly, goose barnacles, “cricket” that tasted like sweet ikan bilis, 烤三层肉 (I had this instead of wagyu beef), champagne grape, sashimi don and salted caramel ice-cream for me, uni fried rice and mango ice-cream for Potato.
We had a glass of Asahi too. The bill came up to $150+, but decently-priced for a Japanese omakase dinner (think the omakase dinner set for one was $60++). *Happy 31st birthday to Hubby Potato!*

1/10/19 Tues: Tried one of the more difficult poses so far in aerial yoga, and thanks to the help of Diana and my classmates, I was able to flip upwards and upside down for that!
5/10/19 Sat: I decided on三碗for WZ’s belated and my early birthday lunch with my Poly girls. Reiden came along with us too. I had the oyster mee sua ($6.80) with bubble tea ($3.80), Pat and Reiden shared the “3 bowls set”, while WZ had their卤肉饭 ($4.50). 
Very reasonably-priced for an air-con classroom-themed eatery, and both of them thought the taste resembled what they had in Taiwan before. Thankful for the gifts from the ladies, and also sharing their experiences from their home renovation. *The shy boy Reiden helped us to take photos too~ so nice haha!*
6/10/19 Sun: MIL bought a chocolate strawberry cake from Swee Heng for Potato's 31st birthday after dinner~ it was nice and I had a big slice for myself for breakfast the next morning hehe.
7/10/19 Mon: Potato and I had consultations with two IDs in the afternoon, and I met Alina and HT for dinner at Genki Sushi at Westgate at night. Heard Alina out and we’re glad she’s moving on with life as it should be. I really liked the positivity she had when faced with certain situations too. 

Finished watching a Taiwanese online drama:Chloe迷途》. Triangle love story between a producer, her ex-pianist teacher and a rookie singer.
I liked the song “The end of the World” sung by Rex(刘以豪饰)with Chloe (李千娜饰) on the piano. I thought李千娜looked like Elva Hsiao from some angles, but more baby-faced, even more so for a mum of two in real life. 影帝吴慷仁 (as汪士棋) was the reason why I decided to catch the drama, and yup he was good in his role, but nothing “wow” here.
Rating: 2.5/5
Thanks to some cut scenes from Youtube, I was drawn to《温暖的弦》, starring张钧甯、张翰、经超and张嘉倪. A drama that revolves around torn lovers温暖(张钧甯饰)and CEO占南弦(张翰饰)who were apart for 7 years but still love each other (much in agony), but due to lots of obstacles from the guy’s mum, the girl一心(张嘉倪饰)who likes him, another CEO朱临路(经超饰), 职场斗争etc, the drama ended up dragging to 48 episodes alamak~

I mean, there are of course other smaller characters in the show and their storylines, like温暖’s elder sister温柔(周奇奇饰)and her younger boyfriend留睿(李昕哲饰)etc, but I thought it’s long-winded all in all. Granted the two leads broke up when they were young, and indirectly caused the death of their dads who flew home for them yet met with air crash, but the fact that either one afterwards loved “leaving and escaping from the other to elsewhere out of the blue” just had me rolling my eyes again and again.

Rating: 3/5

Comments