Pi's comeback dinner @ Chomp Chomp + Shroder Investment talk + Iridian Legend: Conquerors & MT's belated bday dinner + Prudential policies meet-up + Jogja trip discussion @ Takagi Ramen + Lunch with Jess

19/3/18 Mon: Went over to Chomp Chomp food centre to meet Pi and the rest of the African gang for dinner as he's in SG. My first time there and gosh it was packed with ppl, but luckily the drink owners' helped us find seats. Had lotsa local delicacies like satay, hokkien mee, bbq stingray, potato leaves, sambal sotong, bbq chicken wings, carrot cake, rojak and sugarcane juice! SS wanted to hav dessert aft tat, but a pity the cafe's closed on a Mon.

22/3/18 Thurs: Justin invited me over to his company for Shroder's investment talk. Quite intriguing to hear on how Shroder picks their investment choices, but much as I find investment interesting, I'm still lazy to learn further about it lol. *Can't be like that anymore! Shld find books on investment for reading le!*
25/3/18 Sun: Potato and I went to四马路观音庙in the morning, then we had breakfast at the market. He recommended YJ, John, SS and I a free escape rm game called Iridian Legend: Conquerors co-organised by I Love Children's Society and The Escape Artist a few days before. We went for the 11am slot, and there were about 3 stages for all teams to clear. *Glad we had "Potato-brain" who played online games often cos the rest of us were kinda clueless when it came to things like the arrangement of "inventory" and guessing the answers lol.*
Many teams participated, and though we only scored 40/90 points in the end, we had much fun! The meaning behind the games' design were great, focusing on family, work and health issues in current SG. 
The 2 hrs' game came with complimentary tix for Cathay movies each, and also a free trial AR game at HADO at Scape.
After SS, John, Stephen, YJ and I had Jap for lunch at Taka, YJ left and the 4 of us continued shopping at Ngee Ann City. Then, we decided to "fight the dragons" together at HADO haha. It lasted for 5mins or so, and it's fun "firing shots" and picking up the potions etc, but it's more for kids I think.
Potato accompanied me for a bit at Orchard Central before I met MT for her belated 33rd bday dinner at Dazzling Cafe. We had the scallops pasta... so-so. Shopped ard for a bit thereafter before we settled down at Lady M cafe for the Sakura cake MT so wants to try. She shared about the boy in her stomach - Alwyn, her work, family, maid issue etc. We had a gd time~

26/3/18: JQ and Joanne came over for my Prudential policies. I thought it'd be more of a review, but turned out not exactly. It's just to combine two of term-life insurance that I hav with them... gotta fork out an extra $10/mth for the new Prumultiplier Flex now. *The amt of policies I have cost me a lot seriously... can only tell myself anyw, the savings will come back to me for sure...*

*rRandom tThought: So glad VO was smooth! I was kinda nervous at the start, but it was all over in less than 10mins phew! Let's hope this will be a great beginning!*

29/3/18 Thurs: Met WL, Jess and WH for dinner at Takagi Ramen near my place for our Jogja trip discussion. The black tonkotsu ramen was not bad at first, but it got saltier towards the end. Then, we had ice-cream at the cafe next to it, and then Jess suggested to WH for "durian feast" at Blk 505 there. It's so funny how the two "fought" and "bicker" over 3“红虾”durians at first, yet towards the end WH "surrendered" and Jess couldn't finish either... so she dabao-ed them home. WL and I ain't durian fans, so we simply sat and watched haha.

31/3/18 Sat: Met Jess for lunch at Westgate aft tuition. Shared about each other's family problems, and I reckon it's good to hear friends out when they need a listening ear. On a side note, the halal korean food at the basement tasted meh.

Comments