Aerial Yoga + Potato's surprise visit + steamboat @ Francine's + change of cubicle + Lobster Time & Twenty Grammes with MY + Providore + JB + tuition with Whitney + 터널 + meetup with XY @ Timetable cafe + belated bday dinner for Justin + GEM Queen of Hearts concert

18/7/17 Tues: Did a somersault in class~ overcame the fear but hit the flr slightly haha! Good stretches!
19/7/17 Weds: Was surprised to see Potato over at my place aft sauna detox session~ and he bought my fav Viet prawn rolls from Jem! Couldn't entertain him much as I was working, but loved his company as usual.

22/7/17 Sat: Had steamboat at Francine's place with Potato, PY, Ning, YQ, James and Francine. We video-chatted with Ian too~ haha and while Potato and Ning were entertaining us with music, James, PY, Francine and I were on Saboteur... confused at time, but pretty fun all in all haha.

24/7/17 Mon: Had the crayfish soup at Khatib but it was nt to expectation imo. Potato and I made further edit to our HDB research spreadsheet~ we're now better informed on what we want! Had the black pepper chicken Western meal for dinner... yums! Explored the air rifle range at Yishun SAFRA but it's way too ex to try, juz the "intro" lesson alone is $$$.
25/7/17 Tues: Diana was on leave today, thus Mr Yip took over the class. Gosh~ as tiring... can feel both my arms and legs "falling apart" aft class ended lol. Fun that we tried the "tree pose", "butterfly pose", and then many others~ challenging!
27/7/17 Thurs: Finished moving my things over to the new cubicle over at Racing's office. One more additional partition to it, and it's slightly further away from MRT lo.
31/7/17 Mon: Met up with MY and we drove to Bishan to have Lobster Time's noodles for lunch! I ordered the Lobster noodle in soup ($26) and she had the crayfish ($16) one... tasted super shiok! *One whole lobster to myself wahaha!* It's good but can only have it once in a while cos high in cholesterol neh.
Visited Twenty Grammes at AMK for their charcoal waffles during the hot afternoon. The thai red tea-flavoured ice-cream was really rich and fragrant! It was gd to catch up with MY aft she left STC~ more to come hopefully!
1/8/17 Tues: "Flew" in the air during lesson! Dang it was tiring sia~ and I think I forgot to breathe while doing the poses suspended midair and I experienced tinnitus aft touching grd immediately. Difficult but very satisfying again!
3/8/17 Thurs: Met up with Jess and LL as we wanted to hav kki cakes at Providore Downtown. Got to have our mains there, but the chicken leg was too ex and disappointing overall. Lucky we still enjoyed the two cakes though! 
5/8/17 Sat: Took WH, YB, BY, WL and me 2hrs juz to cross from SG checkpt to get to JB neh~ it was so packed, esp at SG's custom! Saw the queue at the famous curry fish head stall and we decided to skip it, and head to Replacement cafe instead. Their salmon with toast and poached eggs was only so-so for me though.
Shared an Uber to KSL. WH went for back massage while the rest of us went window shopping. Tried the two kinds of galaxy drink, and the one with mango was nicer~ the other was more sour though. *Still prefer Big Bang!* Headed opp to hav our bah kut teh... shiok! Only like SGD$4+ per pax.
Our eating journey didn't stop there obviously. YB was craving for the烧腊and叉烧at the usual HK eatery at KSL so we had to hav it! When the good gets too much, we planned for an escape rm adventure at Sutera Mall!
Sort of only left with horror rooms, so we picked "Room 13" (about RM38+ per pax). We had 45mins to escape, and only two hints initially, but we used it three times haha~ Some of the puzzles doesn't make sense, and it's difficult to draw a relation between hints. There was a part when the whole rm juz blacked-out and BY screamed when a metal box cover fell as WL picked up a phone LOL! Pretty intriguing but nt easy definitely... thankfully we'd made it in 40mins.
Okay I don't hav a photo of the zi char dinner we had near a steak restautant that WH recommended to us for dinner initially but was under renovation (oh my gosh WH, YB and I took Uber thr and the driver's BO was horrible~), so here's a pic of WH acting cute with a set of clothes YB plan to buy for her nephew~ lol! 
We Uber-ed back to checkpt at 10+pm or so, and then WL and I shared uber back hm~ got hm at about 12am.
7/8/17 Mon: Haven't met Potato for some time, and so he came over esp aft sch! Had hm-cooked dinner by mum, and he sent me over to Whitney's place before heading hm.
Whitney juz came over to SG from China, and is gg to be in Grade 5 in CIS when sch starts, but her Eng is very weak, so I gotta brush up her foundation. *I hope I'm up to it!*
Jess and JQ recommended watching "터널", a korean detective drama where the male lead time travels to 30yrs later while catching a serial murderer. Very exciting before the murderer was revealed (the coroner la~), and the male lead has a very clever daughter (a professor that studies criminal psychology) too. 
*I probably enjoyed this more than "Voice"!*

Rating: 4/5

8/8/17 Tues: New poses in class again! *大腿瘀青sia~*
9/8/17 Weds: Had tuition with Whitney and she scored full marks for her spelling~ nt bad. But she need's practice with her spoken English though. And aft my sauna detox session, I met XY at Timetable cafe to talk about HJ... omg she's more of a burden than help to XY at work.
Then, we headed to JP to get some assessments for Whitney~ hopefully these could help her in the days to come! 

10/8/17 Thurs: Met Potato for chicken rice at Marsiling during lunch as he had no sch today. Then, took a bus down to Bukit Timah Plaza aft work to meet Justin for his belated bday dinner treat at Ming Jia korean food... sadly the standard has dropped. Short but good meet-up to see how bro has been doing la.

12/8/17 Sat: Thks to YJ, I was invited to GEM's 2017 world tour in SG "Queen of Hearts" last min haha~ I've seen her performance on TV and thought they were gd, and though I'm no fan of hers, I'm curious about her live. "AINY" was the opening song and though she replaced with some falsettos at some parts and I was worried about the sound system, she still pulled that difficult song off, and her ad-libs sounded juz like what I heard on TV!
She danced and played the drums and piano as well. She has a few popular songs like“喜欢你” and “泡沫” but most of the songs that she sang that audience are familiar with are covers like“你把我灌醉”、“龙卷风”、“红蔷薇白玫瑰”、“你不是真正的快乐”and“存在”. 
I loved her光年之外and单行的轨道, the latter I heard for the first time, and with only piano as accompaniment... I muz say she has really powerful and steady vocals. Her rapping skill is really gd too... cool! 
Fans celebrated her 26th bday onstage, and the songs sang are mainly on love and relationships, but I am probably passed that only情情爱爱的phase in life, so I'd prefer more dynamism in meaning behind songs. 
Well, she sang“漂向北方”for the first time live, and yes this is sth different, though not her experience exactly I reckon, but she nailed it! It's tough to rap, sing and play the piano at the same time but she did it almost perfect... shiok. 
Funny how the organisers wanted us to return the lightsticks aft the concert but oh well~ Anyway GEM as a great voice, but she needs more mainstream hits of her own to attract more fans, and more creative topics to engage the audience.

Rating: 3.75/5

Comments