Partyworld with Jess + Hong Kong st Family restaurant, KKI, Lulu the Movie & dinner with NCSS clique + Christmas gathering cum Pat's advanced bday lunch @ d'Good & dinner with Potato + Potato's place + Jess's advanced bday dinner @ Seoul Yummy + Xmas dinner with YB and Ben @ En Sakaba + Lunch @ Tamako + Xmas cum Mich & YQ's bday dinner @ Picnic SG + Countdown to 2017 @ YB's + 2017 Resolution

22nd Dec Thurs: Brian said Benjamin prepared the Santa sock gift for the whole class that afternoon. *I put the sweets inside the fridge and haven't touched it till now...* Aft a gd sweat-out, I met Jess at Pioneer cos she's got craving to sing wor! We headed to Partyworld at Clementi since there's some promo, which by right shld allow us to sing till it closes (2am) for $9+++ (which amt-ed to $15 per pax), but we feel kinda cheated cos the KTV system shut off automatically by 1am, and I could hear ppl from other rooms still singing! The sound system is better than Teo Heng's imo, though. Had a gd time singing aft exercise neh~ We wanted to share Uber home, hoping the driver could send us to two diff locations, but mischose Uberpool, and there happened to be another couple on the car alamak. Ended up I reached hm first, and Jess had to do a new booking... lucky she din hav to wait for a new driver la.
23rd Dec Fri: We decided to celebrate Jess and KW's bday at the Hong Kong street family restaurant at Novena that KW recommended. Ordered their 6 pax lunch set, with extra三捞河粉and大葱炒蛋. Ahna couldn't make it for lunch last min though. The assam fish, fried chicken wings and sea coconut dessert were nt bad. 
Then, we headed over to Kki cafe, which is closing down in Jan 2017 for some cakes and gift exchange with Ahna. *I'm so gonna miss their cakes la!*
I "dio" KU's present - Parker pen yay! And I gave Capitaland's vouchers to KW haha. LL bought each of the bday girls travel wallet too.
Aft that, LL, Ahna, her son KJ and I went to The Cathay to watch "Lulu The Movie".
Some funny dialogues here and thr. In the beginning, I tot to myself "Whoa this movie is gonna offend the Chinese ppl in SG~" but Lulu proved me wrong! 她自己在这里闯出一片天了!*立威廉is so handsome in the movie~ 贵族气质赞!* Michelle Chong can imitate the accents really well, even that Brit Bitch's accent in the show lol!
I do see the efforts in her movie, and how she is multi-talented, but there is much rm for improvement. I still prefer Jack Neo or other local director's productions.

Rating: 3.25/5


4 of us had dinner at PS's foodcourt. LL, KJ and I ate the ramyeon from the Korean stall while Ahna had Nasi Padang's.

24th Dec Sat: Tried the prawn aglio olio at d'good cafe at Taka... the spaghettoni was fine but the prawns were somewhat overcooked. Their hot roselle tea was a tad too sour. On a side note, Reiden can walk lo!
We did Christmas gift exchange, and WZ and I celebrated Pat's 28th bday in adv too. WZ bought her wedding bands, but she wanted to exchange for a ring size smaller, so we headed to SK aft Pat bought a pair of Tsum Tsum slippers at the Taka toy fair. It was raining cats and dogs, so Potato and I gave up the idea of Christmas date at Botanic Gardens, and the poor soaked Potato decided we shld head to my place instead.
Ate the kolo mee at Blk 504 but somehw I found the soup too salty, and overall it was meh-meh. Potato ordered 12 pathetically-meat-thin fried dumplings for $2 too... 还有点"漏风" leh.
I bought him a new wallet for Christmas cos he'd said before he wanted to change his破烂皮包for a new one. As for mine, he passed me the mini cooler he bought from kickstarter.com! Well, the ice pack condenses kinda fast in humid SG, but he said the fan itself, if fully charged, could last a few hrs. *Will be of gd use esp when it gets super warm during some nights!*
25th Dec Sun: Potato went church service with his sis and her bf in the morning, so I decide to meet him aft lunch. *Finally got myself a swimsuit from Sportslink at Northpt~ time to learn proper swimming lo!* 
We planned further for our Aus trip nex June in his rm in the afternoon. Dinner was sumptuous and prep by his dad~ roast chicken, cabbage soup, shrooms and the usual appetiser - cucumber with sesame sauce!
Caught "Bride Wars" at night cos no HD "Doctor Strange" movie to watch yet lol. It's my 3rd or 4th time watching it alrdy, and though I could tell the movie wasn't Potato's cup of tea exactly, I'm glad he still "stuck thru it with me" LOL~ 
26th Dec Mon: Din plan to go out on a day before my "hols" end but Jess suggested so I met her at JE. Tot I could get some brush pen at Daiso but it was no whr to be seen, so I bought 3 at Tokyu Hands instead. Brought her to Poppy Pops cafe at the top of JEM and we tried waffles with 3 flavours of ice-cream... stickey date, milk choco passionfruit and white choco I think~ GST and service charge free! We both agreed the ice-cream thr is yummy.
Passed by Seoul Yummy, saw their menu and she craved for the army stew haha. We shared the seafood army stew (too many luncheon meat and sausages le la~) which came along with 6 side dishes and a choice of dessert. There was even花蟹among the seafood, so nt bad la, but the soup got really salty towards the end. The warm red bean soup was not sweet, but aft one dips the sweet marshmallows inside, the taste was gd! So in the end, this meal became Jess's 28th bday dinner treat hoho.
28th Dec Weds: Met YB and Ben at En Sakaba at Jem for dinner aft work. *I tot I saw nice value meal promos for En Sakaba before, but it's gone and their current menu is kinda limited imo.* I had their spicy ramen~ 是有点辣啦。They were talking about getting VB this time of the yr, but mine was like half a yr ago liao lo. YB shopped at Sephora for a lil' aft that... pampered herself with foundation and body scrub lol.
I got a book of short stories from BooksActually from her! I'd seen their website having monthly book subscriptions, and was tempted to order in order to "force" myself to get into the habit of reading Eng books again, but didn't in the end cos it's not exactly cheap. *Need to fall in love with books again!*
29th Dec Thurs: Had the salmon don at $13+ at Tamako at Casuarina Rd with MY during lunch. The salmon pieces were really thick~ and I added my fav wakame woots! Free flow of Hojicha too... worth gg! The yakitori (5 sticks) MY ordered were take-aways from outside and kinda over-cooked though.
30th Dec Fri: Had Christmas dinner and celebrated Mich and YQ's belated bday at Picnic Singapore with the bday girls, SS, XY, MT and LC. The interior is really pretty~ and there's a variety of food thr. A pity they were all situated in one small corner... makes it a lil' squeezy at times. We shared the taco, roasted chicken, pizza and fish and chips. I kinda liked the taco the most!
Did our Christmas gift exchange at Starbucks, and I got the make-up remover I want from MT! She gave us a Singlish calendar each too~ so nice! XY got us pencil and card from TW, and SS got us sweets from Lombok too~
Otw to MRT, XY began using her photo app to take wefies of us... some were hilarious-looking lol. Oh and the short hair trio took a photo together too yay!
Great news thr we hav from LC too~ 
31st Dec Sat- 1st Jan Sun: Went over to YB's place with Potato in the evening to meet her WX, Jere and Ben for countdown dinner aft visiting Grandma at NTFH. We ordered pizza from Domino's, and though the chilli crab one was a bit spicy, I still liked that the most. Their wings were gd too. Her neighbours made their own lotong, lotong rice, spicy egg, chicken wings and some noodles and beehoon for us too... extra food muahahahaha!
WX and Jere bought over the lychee cake from Pine Gardens too~ nt too bad imo... tasted lychee-ish on the outside.
We were juz chit-chatting and watching countdown programmes from TW. BY came home aft his reservist patrol at 11+pm... tiring sia.
I got work as usual on New Year's Day, so left at 12+am with the rest. *Lol Potato always only rmbs to take photos in the lift or when we're gg home somehow keke.*
I believe most ppl hav made their 2017 resolution alrdy. Aft 2 days of work in 2017, I'm ready to pen mine now. Looking back at 2016, I've done a fair bit, though still loads left to be done: did kickboxing, Bounceoff SG, hatha yoga, aerial yoga trial, ganbanyoku trial, zumba, belly dance, piloxing, qigong and boogie bounce. I learnt cycling, acupressure massage and voice-over. Went to Mayday's concert, and trips to Batam, JB, Hanoi and Malacca. They were forward and satisfying, some of which would benefit me for life I reckon.
In the new year ahead, I would constantly remind myself to take care of my own health and wealth, as well as cherish love ones ard me! Gg on trips is still a muz of course~ but equally as impt is learning new skills and having fun! There's alrdy aerobics kickboxing and aqua spinning waiting for me in Jan! *Arghh my bad habit of not reading regularly and not cycling often is still here to stay though...* 
As for work, I'll learn to cope with whatever, and stay fair to myself and colleagues. I am yearning to venture into new scopes but though that's not for me to decide in the beginning, but I'll work towards it! *Responsible I am, but I juz hate reporting my work to ppl. That isn't me all along.* 
还是要学会看得更开。值得的人,就多加留心;其他人就让他去做自己,只要别让他们欺压自己就行。人生最重要的,不外乎家人、好友、良好的精神和身体健康。物质的、表面的,都可以看开点。
Future-wise, Potato we hwaiting together!

Comments