Terrace House: Boys and Girls in the City + Lunch with Potato + My bday with uni gals + Sentosa with Potato + KTV with colleagues + Bryan's wedding lunch & dinner with XY + lunch with Potato + 鹤翔庄气功trial + The Danish Girl

Finished watching the second part to Terrace House: Boys and Girls in the City on Netflix finally! A total of 46 episodes of Japanese reality show, with 3 guys and 3 girls staying under one roof every time (a total of 17 pax throughout the episodes) and taking a peek into young Japanese living together, getting to know each other and their thoughts etc.
I randomly chanced upon this show on Netflix since I had the six mths free subscription. It started with Makoto, Yuki, Tatsuya, Minori, Yuriko and Mizuki on the show. Tatsuya and Minori became a couple eventually, while I really felt for Yuki the tap dancer! *Poor him always listening to Yuriko only to know he is but a friend in the end haiz...* Makoto was the first to leave the show, then came Arman, who stayed till the end of the whole season. Arman liked Arisa, whom I reckon is the prettiest lady guest thr, too bad things were complicated and work got busier for her, so they remained friends. Hikaru was the youngest thr but easily one of the best-looking ones, had feelings for Misaki at first, and the gal liked him back but things din work out either. 
Oh Natsumi is one lady with "temper" sia~ she was the character with the most "drama" in the show lol. Handa was the perfect guy! Though he's alrdy attached, the way he approached ppl and matters in the show juz showed that he is very mature. *Ah reminds me of my Potato keke~* The ballet dancer Momoka was thr only for a few episodes and she went on to become a pro dancer... quite cute. Hayato and Riko were 10yrs apart, and their relationship was the most complex one thr, having even gone underground... and I think Japanese are very open about sex too. Glad Misaki found Byrnes and got together in the end. Last but not least, the good guy Arman looks totally compatible with Masako, who at first liked Hayato instead. 

Not drama-mama, even mundane at times, but some of their convos and thinkings intrigued me. But still, the reel-life here is very close to real. I won't catch the old seasons, but hopefully their new season in Aloha can show very soon!


Rating: 4.5/5

27/10/16 Thurs: Potato knew that I'm still nt feeling well, so he bought me a bottle of angmoh ginseng tea during lunch... very heart-warming neh. I had the pork porridge and he decided to hav porridge together with me haha.
29/10/16 Sat: XY suggested we could hav Wild Honey at Mandarin Gallery for dinner, so MT, YY, XY, YQ and I celebrated the belated bdays for XY, YY and me thr. *Potato met met at Somerset MRT and walked me over.* 5 of us had a gd chat thr, and I quite enjoyed their salmon egg with asparagus... though the portion was a tad too big. And thr's extra charge for warm water alamak...
SS was so busy at work she could only meet us for tea at Arteastiq. I love the interior decor there, as cosy as at Wild Honey. The hot pear tea was fragrant too.


31/10/16 Mon: Borrowed ASA card from STC, and Potato and I went to Sentosa. We had lunch at Kopitiam at Vivo, before proceeding to the cable car tower to exchange for the free tix. *Been many yrs since I last took the Sentosa cable car in pri sch...*
Still afraid of heights though lol. Potato sorta planned the route out, so we headed for the Luge ride first. *50% discount from ASA card, so $9 per pax for a ride* I decided on the jungle trail cos there's a short "under tunnel" route~ aiyoh被骗啦, just some mesh wires over our heads nia~ shall try the dragon route in future! *Potato looks like a sch student with the helmet lol!* Glad we had some fun and then took the sky ride back~
Walked over to the 4D Adventureland for our free Desperados ride... 2 of us and 3 other girls took on the "horse rides" and started to anyhw shoot la haha~ in the end Potato scored the highest amongst us LOL. *手酸lol.* 
We took the Sentosa line cable to Fort Siloso area, and visited the historical sites, learning how Brit surrendered to Japanese and vice versa, then saw their cannons, the Brit soldiers life in SG etc.
I do love learning about SG's history when I was much younger, and I realised I rmb some facts that I learnt back then even until now! *Too bad I've gotten lazier, as well as busier with other things in life, so I haven't kept up knowledge-wise.* Potato and I walked to the top of Fort Siloso, and walked to the tower... beautiful scenery under the scorching sun.
We went to take our Segway ride. The free ride only lasted for 1min la LOL. Well, we had a taste of it~ and whoa Potato could only ride one hand for a first-timer sia... cos he was filming me using the other hand keke. *Well, my balancing isn't too bad either.*
It was quite fun imo. We skipped the MegaZip cos the only free item was the Parajump and I can't see myself doing it lol. Decided to go for the Trick Eye museum next. There were many ppl on a Mon, supposedly due to PHIL of Deepavali we guessed.
There were some pretty nice ones like the horse racing, the parashooting, "bamboo-ing" I coined it, glacier-climbing and the Andy Warhol art... I loved the effect that came out~ candid shot. Still, size and variety-wise can't be compared to Alive museum I went to in Jeju Island of cos.
Thought we could go to the Pokemon exhibition at S.E.A Aquarium in the evening, but the entrance fee plus S.E.A's would cost $36 per pax... too ex so we din go in the end. Was on the train to JE when I randomly tot of Hakata Nihon Ryori at SuperBowl.
Pretty costly meal about $90+ (thks to Potato for the treat!), but he commented that the sashimi was quite gd, as well as the mains and sides (edamame and stewed sotong)... worth to eat here once in a while when one can afford to splurge a bit more haha.

3/11/16 Thurs: Aft work, Eugene and I rushed to CWP to meet MY, HP, CK, Cherry and Debbie for KTV. Had a mini celebration for MY's bday thr before she flew to US. Everyone was pretty "high-on-drug" that night haha~ almost no voice at the end of 3hrs sia lol.

5/11/16 Sat: Took CK's car at Kranji to go to Bryan's wedding lunch at Far East Village Hotel Katong branch. The journey took us about an hr due to jam and we were a bit lost otw too. 
Took photos with him, Clarissa and CK but his wife was too busy handling guests. Can see the efforts put in for their childhood montage by him. Oh and Bryan prepared a Hello Kitty surprise for his wife who loves Kitty~ The couple both looked very童颜haha. Food was not bad! Took the train home with Clarissa thereafter.
Met XY for dinner and desserts at night. We randomly had Roti John from the pasar malam while sitting at Nanyang CC, whr I started hearing her complaints at work haha. We tried the Matcha and lemon sorbet waffles at Archipelaego Creamery nearby... $12 ex but not bad... the waffles was fluffy and warm.
7/11/16 Mon: Dear came over to my place and we had duck rice for lunch cos mee hoon kuey stall was closed for a wk. 
Not bad o~ then I trimmed my eyebrow (which he was curious to see...) nearby and we headed back home. *Potato juz dozed off on the sofa haha~ so cute.* 

8/11/16 Tues: Went to Marquee to attend the first trial lesson of气功... and got to know that we're learning鹤翔庄气功. The longwinded master mentioned about channeling smooth Qi flow in our body, and the balancing of Yin(血)and Yang(气). Showed us two videos, and we started trying out气功outselves... though it's slow, it's not easy to focus and "channel" Qi. *There is air-con in Marquee, so dun suit doing气功la.* Nonetheless, I'll go for the nex two lessons to know a bit more~ since this is complementary to my acupuncture massage lesson too.


Finally caught "The Danish Girl". Was interested cos the movie's about the first known sex change surgery underwent, and how the painter Einar Wegener discovered Lili Elbe was the real soul in his body.
I thought Eddie Redmayne's kinda pretty-looking as Einar too... 举手投足之间都有到“味”哦。Lili could have been hidden inside Einar since he was born, and it was his painter wife Gerda that sorta helped "release" the trapped Lili in him by asking him to pose for her paintings overtime. 
A wild try to go to the balls in Lili's identity put Einar in confusion later down the road, cos well his thoughts are considered insane back then in society. He underwent sex change operation, but died due to complications in the end.

I can't help but pity Einar for being "born into the wrong body", though he had no choice. Then again, he is very courageous to be about the first to go under the knife to change himself, and face society's异样眼光. But well it's either he thought too lightly of the risks, or too highly of his own health, and rushed thru the surgery; too eager to see Lili "come alive", which caused his death.

As an audience, I cannot really comprehend Gerda's actions though, first she helped her hubby "find" Lili, then she couldn't accept the fact she'd "lost" Einar, but still in the end chose to support Einar en route to transforming into Lili. Some ppl said that she's gay too, but well human are complex creatures. Who knows? Probably not even Gerda herself.

The whole movie's very focused. The transition throughout was not abrupt either... the flow of the emotions were natural and smooth.

Rating: 4.5/5

Comments