Bodalicious + YB's housewarming & Potato mum's bday dinner + 1st yr anniversary with Potato + Acupressure massage + Gold Cup PPD & Black Forest's concert + Boogie Bounce + "Terrace House" with Jess + SG Biennale exhibition & Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them + Uncle Ho with Justin + STC health screening + Body-X: The Rehearsal + Teo Heng & couples' dinner + 炎记海鲜汤with MY

10/11/16 Thurs: YB, WL and I reached Bodacious bar earlier. I got them macaroons from Annabella Patisserie~ they all loved it hehe! Tried their laksa pasta and it was good! The sauce was kinda creamy and not too spicy, but could hav more seafood la.

The sick WH joined us ltr, but he was not full from the food, so we moved to Star Vista and he ate one more bowl of Yong Tau Foo lol. 
13/11/16 Sun: Met Jess, WL, Potato, WX and Jere to attend YB's housewarming together. Besides her parents and relatives, we were one of the first few to reach. Very nice interior decor she has I muz say~ industrial minimalist. Sat along the corridor to hav Neo Garden's, then I saw James, Sophie, YL, Tania, CC and gf, YD, ZL, Michelle and bf, WH, PH and JM etc came.
Ben came kinda late, when we were alrdy gathered in YB's study rm for Charades and Psych. Had a gd laugh gg thru the games haha. *YB's teacher praised my smiles in photos haha~ smirk...* 
Potato and I left at about 4pm to meet his family at Fatboys (Upper Thomson) for his mum's bday dinner. Uncle and auntie reached, before MM and Audrey joined us too. I had the own-made burger, of mushrooms, grilled chicken, egg and caesar dressing... kinda big and I got a bit腻towards the end cos "too much sauce in thr".
We then headed over to Udders to hav ice-cream. *Auntie loves durian ice-cream haha.* Potato said his dad gets very excited whenever he talks about electronics and food, and I saw that too haha~ Yup and Potato sent me hm thereafter.
14/11/16 Mon: Met Potato at Yew Tee MRT aft his lessons end, and we took away chicken rice from Yishun to his place for a quick dinner. Then, I finally presented our 1st yr anniversary gift to him: Our first-yr memory "web-site"!
Yes I did it... kinda from scratch. Bought the canvas and pack of wooden clips from Art Friend, and then the strings and thumbtacks. Got the idea from a youtube vid by Wesley of Wong Fu, and began creating our own website. Inserting the thumbtacks into the sides were not totally easy cos some areas were simply too tough, so I pushed them in by force using my fingers lor. Next, was randomly criss-crossing the strings here and thr, thereby creating the web.
I didn't paste the photos of us (which I printed using a free app Spark Asia over a few mths) onto the backgrds at first because I din expect thr to be so many photos that I couldn't possibly hang them all on the strings! So I灵机一动, used double-sided tape to paste them all in. But aft a wk or so, some photos fell out, so I switched to using normal glue, which still din work. In the end, I chose the ultimate - elephant glue! *I dare you to fall off anymore!* Clipped a few more photos in front, plus a message card for Potato, and all's done!
Sweet Potato ain't really a DIY person, but I think I am up to the task if I hav to, though I'm not the very bright sort, but I make sure I get what I wanted done haha. I hope Potato cherishes this "new tenant" in his rm now!
15/11/16 Tues: It was the last lesson of Acupressure Massage today. Prof Wong taught us simple leg massages which I thought is pretty useful. All in all, the 4 lessons had been useful to a big extent, and though I've yet to familarise myself with the different meridians and their flow in our body, I've applied what I learnt to daily life and imparting them to my parents, Potato and some friends.
16/11/16 Weds: Attended the Dester Gold Cup PPD outside Chinatown Point. HP, Eugene and I hoped for different horses to be in barrier 1, I chose Bahana, but he got the outermost alley instead. The hamster actually chose "Cheetah On Fire" to win omg~ failed prediction... just for laughs literally. *Free flow of Dester beer sia...*
Had buffet lunch at Peach Garden. Simon sat on the same table as us. He一开口就assumingly问我 "How was ur hol?". Stunned for a bit cos the last time I went for hols was in Apr liao aiyoh.
Potato bought sushi and came over to Kranji kopitiam to meet me for dinner. I was so hungry, so ordered the ramyeon as well. *Officially pa-tor-ed a yr!* We uber-ed down to Aliwal arts centre to catch Black Forest's performance.
It was a gd show, esp their remix version of霍元甲, together with his friend that played flute was very nice. Potato wanted to leave aft their performance ended, but I asked him to stay for a bit to watch The Quis. Turned out he was kinda captivated haha~ kept saying the lead singer hav charisma. *See, I got gd眼光neh!*  
17/11/16 Thurs: Went for the first Boogie Bounce lesson at JW dance studio. We had to set up our own trampoline and support before the lesson commences. The instructor and his assistant were very energetic throughout, and most of the students were alrdy with them for many cycles somemore~ 真high haha. Halfway thru, the left side of my stomach got stitches... could be due to food or big mouthfuls of water in between exercises I dunno.
Anyway, we really sweat in the class, and my inner thighs were very tired two days aft the exercise lol.
18/11/16 Fri: Joao Moreira and Karis Teetan were at STC to ride in the EW Barker's Trophy race meeting, and Collin asked for my help to get autographs from both of them, for his colleagues. The min I saw Moreira before the start of races, I plucked up courage to asked him for his autographs on 6 race bks, including mine and Eugene's. He was as friendly as last time, but damn one pen's ink could not come out smoothly, so he requested for a change of pen, and even a new bk... but I dun hav extras so勉强told him to sign on the same bk lol. Teetan, I waited till before EW Barker Trophy race, aft he finished talking to Mike, I quickly grabbed him before he went down back to jockeys' rm again. *So yay I managed to get both inspiring HK riders' autographs in the end~ and that's about the first time in life I'm requesting for autographs omg.* On a side note, Bahana won the Group 1 Dester Gold Cup over 2200m with Craig Williams on Sunday~ my pick yay!

19/11/16 Sat: Jess came over to watch "Terrace House" at my place from afternoon till night~ and we couldn't finish it so she went back home and continue watching herself haha. Anyw, it's pretty intriguing a show imo.

21/11/16 Mon: Potato and I had bibimbap at PS's kopitiam, which was gd, before walking over to The Cathay to buy tix for "Fantasic Beasts and Where to Find Them". I chose the Grand theatre since Potato hasn't watched any shows thr before. 
I accompanied Potato to the SG Biennale exhibition at Arts Museum... lotsa interesting works from local and abroad. There's a huge painting which tells of the tales of a Prince, created by a Indonesian artist, made up of letters and alphabets from Southeast Asian mother tongues.
Then, there's this rm filled with rows and rows of incense sticks tied up together, reflecting the cycle of shedding and growing that tells of life, growth and death, and the state of "in-betweeness". It's not the usual joss sticks smell in SG but different fragrances all together, but I thought it wasn't pungent either.
And we walked on to see other creations. Some of these were at 8Q SAM a few streets away.
Well not that we get all of them of cos... some were disturbing and some were confusing. Then again, it could be cos our艺术涵养不足啦。
He recommended Sushi Maki at basement of The Cathay for a small bite before our movie starts... yums!
And yes we were in for a treat for "Fantasic Beasts and Where to Find Them"!
Yes I am a Harry Potter fan, but I didn't buy this book cos it's a script-kind of format. I am in for this movie partly due to the fantasy theme, as well as Eddie Redmayne. I was alrdy surprised by his gd acting skills in "The Danish Girl", and so I thought I shld catch this movie, starring him as the male lead... sorta and with Johnnie Depp who made a cameo appearance as the big antagonist.

Had a gd time laughing and seeing new creatures appear before our very eyes in the wizarding world pre-HP times. Very interesting prequel to HP, and I can't wait to see its very own installments in future!

Rating: 4.25/5
Potato and I had dinner at The Standing Sushi bar at night. 5 slices of salmon for $3 wor~ we ate 15 hehe! The set meal, chawanmushi and shishamo were only meh-meh.
23/11/16 Weds: Planned to meet Justin at Pasir Panjang MRT control for my belated bday dinner... he late for so long la! *Anyway, it's his treat keke.* He craved for the Bun Cha at Uncle Ho's, while I had my fav chicken pho as usual. Few ppl on a weds night, so we almost had the whole place to ourself. Updated each other with recent happenings in our lifes lor~ yes I can't wait for him to kickstart his personal banker life, so he could drive a Merz nex time to pick me up when we go out lol.
24/11/16 Thurs: Did annual health screening at Gold Card rm, and I'm glad the blood pressure was normal just first take! *I used to always get super nervous when I see the machines, so numbers would shoot up a bit...* Let's hope the results would come out gd in a few wks' time!
26/11/16 Sat: SS, John, Potato and I met at City Hall Raffles City B1 for dinner at Menya Jap food. Their ramen was kinda salty neh. YJ came over aft her韦礼安concert ended at Shanghai Dolly, and finished the seoul roll we bought for her before 5 of us entered the Arts House for "Body X: The Rehearsal".
About 100 audiences were in for the 7.30pm show, and our hps were confiscated before the start. We were given a pencil and booklet which contains info on the 7 actors in this immersive experiential theatre performance. Our task was to decide and find out who amongst the 7 back for a rehearsal in the 70s, killed the female lead白玉琴10yrs ago and why?
*LOL~ Potato pointed out that I sat at MM LKY's seat in the Chamber at the start of the show!* I believe many, like me, were diligent enough, to follow the different actors wherever they went ard the building, and took note of what each of them said. *Potato was super enthu about the whole thing... he even managed to follow萧明into the禁室.* The intriguing thing about this experience was that 2 to 3 events were taking place parallel in time, so we hav to decide whose conversation we'd want to "eavesdrop" on. *YJ got so gan jeong she even bumped hard into白欣at one pt of time~ so paiseh haha.* And I rmb one funny part when Potato was the first one to sneak over萧明's shoulder to read his letter, but he couldn't read a word of traditional Chi keke~ end up YJ got that faster than him LOL.
Aft 1.5hrs, we had a 20mins discussion to vote for who we'd think is the murderer. I chose罗达文, while Potato voted for许志华, and many in the audience apparently think alike as him.
Loved the kind of performance whr audience is taken into consideration and could participate in it, or even more so affecting the ending of a show. 观众不再是被动的,这样比较好玩。
The real answer was out on their FB: 白欣. 好一个“比翼双飞”啊。They made a vid to reveal why she did it... yes sorta convinced me as I did missed out a few scenes to garner enough evidence. 
Till future Body X shows then!

Rating: 4.5/5
We had some food aft our brains "suffered" outside National Gallery SG. They were showing the 3D light shows... cool effects thr.
28/11/16 Mon: WZ and I sang at Teo Heng KTV at Suntec City from 4 to 7pm... haha satisfied her singing cravings. Potato came to meet us two, and we walked to Marina Square, before deciding on dinner at家乡面. Joel joined us ltr. Took some photos at the Christmas decor area in the mall.
Potato then sent me home, and I spoke to him a lil' about work. *I'm glad I've someone who can and is willing to hear my frustrations. A listening ear is gd enough. Thanks dear.*


29/11/16 Tues: MY and I had dinner at Blk 18 Marsiling Lane aft the last lesson of气功. She wanted to bring me to try another seafood soup at the market, but it's closed, and I happen to catch sight of炎记海鲜汤, which is another branch for the main stall at Woodlands Checkpt market.
We ordered the $12 portion, but they alrdy ran out of Jap scallops, so gave us half a slice more of crayfish nia lol. *两个人吃,多给另一半嘛~* The crayfish meat , prawns and fish meats were very fresh, and the minced meat was tasty! The soup was uber nice, but it gets kinda salty at the end too.

Comments