追婚日记 + 我们的故事 + Voice Over Basics + lunch @ Poison Ivy + Potato's 28th bday gifts & VO for STC + FORT by Maison Ikkoku bday dinner for Potato & Jere + Deepwater Horizon & Noodle Bar by Tokyo Latte with Potato + Kim San Leng chicken rice, stroll at Bishan park and Gone Girl with Potato

Finally watched "追婚日记", aft hearing the theme song by Hebe umpteen times. It's a reunion of大仁哥and程又青, but Vic was male no. 1 instead. Ariel Lin brought out the dilemma of a 33-yr old woman, who, has been dating her bf for 5yrs yet he ain't proposing to her which freaks her out at time esp when her mum rushes her for marriage. At the same time, she got a chance to outperform in her job, and that was when Chen Bolin came in.

I'm glad she went back to her ex-bf in the end. 5yrs relationship still meant she knew him more than someone whom propose aft working with her on 1 project.


Rating: 3.5/5

"我们的故事" had loads of Hokkien, Malay and other dialect and lang spoken besides Eng in the show. I kinda enjoyed it~ learning about mummy's "Kamgong" (how she pronounce Kampong) life in the 60s and 70s, the "tae gu", the flood during those days and the tension between Chinese and Malays etc. I rmb one scene when the Chinese guy said "You are so kind and beautiful" to a young Indian lady, she replied "Ah Soh!?" HAHA~ our English intonation ah~

Gotta say, Jack Neo nails it when it comes to local flavours in movies sia. I got to watch part 2!


Rating: 4/5

27th Sep Tues: Signed up for Voice Over Basics course at Singapore Media Academy cos I have been interested in dubbing and all about voice usage since young. Their centre was at Riverside pt, so arghh I had to squeeze MRT with other office workers at like 8am~ 
Maggie Lim, an ex-DJ, was our trainer. She has a deep bassy voice, and wow the first gen Doraemon VO in SG. There were about 17 of us in class, and coming from all walks of life. We had lessons at SMA's recording studio from 9am to 6pm. I was darn nervous doing my VOs in front of the class~ dunno why but I tot I sounded "angry" even when reading the MOM announcement LOL... uhhh a bad recording imo.
Learnt about the techniques of recording, diff types of voices and VOs, marking the scripts etc. Had quite a few VO practices thruout the day~ pretty fun!

28th Sep Weds: D2 of the VO class and we did even more practices today. To me, character voice is really not easy but I tried my best anyw, and there were some ppl ard that pulled them off really well. She commented mostly that I hav a crystal clear voice quality, and that instructional VOs would suit me best haha. *But I gotta make my voice work for the VOs and not the other way round, right?*


All in all, it's an eye-opener for me once again, since podcast days in Poly!


https://www.facebook.com/lee.q.hong.5/videos/10157469923015103/


29th Sep Thurs: MY, Clarissa and I went to Neo Tiew's Poison Ivy for lunch. The place really felt like somewhr out of SG~
There were dogs in the restaurant, and organic veggies were grown thr. The interior looked intriguing imo. We tried their Nasi Lemak, individual option as opposed to the platter. Nasi Lemak rice, chips and organic spinach tasted good. Ikan Bilis was way salty though.
30th Sep Fri: Poor potato reached JE at 9am, hoping to be first few in queue to collect the National steps trackers, but due to poor organisation by the organiser, he ended up waiting 3 hrs juz to get his trackers! We had the famous云吞面at market, and I passed him his 28th bday gifts!
My first bday gift to him mah, so dun wanna look too寒酸without a wrapping paper lol~ Yup it contained a letter, Divergent book series and blackhead remover set keke. He randomly mentioned he wanted to buy the Divergent series to read (with his pattern hor I dunno how many centuries it would take him to really buy it hm~) and hw he chanced upon a FB post about blackhead removers so he wanted to try "hw shiok" it would be to拔黑头lol, so I bought him those.
And so I put my VO techniques learnt to my first official VO exp at STC, to help out with phone announcements. 4 short paras of Chinese VOs, and it was all wrapped up in mins~ phew I tot I did nth exceptional but still fine, definitely rm for improvement.

1st Oct Sat: Thks to the kind hospitality by Jere and WX, we went up to their rm at lvl 18 of Carlton Hotel. The view is pretty nice o! Then, 3 of them went swimming~ although I guess only Potato swimmed a lil, the couple was thr to泡水nia la haha. Whoa the deepest end was actually 2m eh!
Aft showering, WX and Jere headed to have some lounge drinks, whereas Potato and I nua-ed in their rm.
A grp photo before we left for their bday dinner at FORT by Maison Ikkoku. WX and I planned the routes along the way, whr they were supposed to pass by 5stops and ans some qns before they can know their final destination hehe~
And so they answered the trivia about Carlton hotel wrongly, we made them hold hands till the nex stop: CHIJMES! *Look at how "dejected" Potato was LOL!*
The two walked like they were about to take off lor lol~ Lucky CHIJMES stop arrived soon enough. But still, they answered the qn about CHIJMES wrongly again!
We made them walked to Central Fire Station with arms over each other this time haha! *Funny how they looked like twins from behind haha!*
So lucky they got the ans correct here, so they din hav to carry one another up the slope to ROM keke.

Fort Canning was pretty dark then, and there they had to find out their ultimate dining location... Oh well even if they guessed it wrongly, we had to bring them to FORT la for 12 courses of Omakase!
WX and I read that the reviews thr were not bad before we decided on it. Aft the 12 course (plus 3 bottles of plain water for $24 and 4 cocktails for about $100 ), I'd hav to say mixed reviews from me personally. 
The waiter asked us for a word to describe the kind of cocktails we'd like to hav, mine was "fruity sweet"... I rarely drink, so I tot the cocktail for me was still nt bad. The first course was the lotus with soy sauce (?)... pretty脆, and the taste was gd. I esp enjoyed the next cucumber with sesame sauce too~ awesome... reminds me of the ones I hav at Potato's place.
3rd up was the swordfish~ I enjoyed the texture and overall taste too. Then came the oyster which was not very fresh according to the other 3. I'm nt a fan of raw oysters alrdy myself, so I shan't comment on it.
Sushi and the carrot soup were to my likings though. *PS: I'm considered a very随便eater okie~* However, even few mouthfuls of the淀粉next is alrdy kinda腻. Then, the runny egg with soy sauce was too salty.
Foie Gras sushi and salmon burger was alright.
The 2nd last dish of sea urchin was horrible. It's my 1st time having it and it smells like shit. WX and Jere were telling me how awesome Unis they hav tried eslewhr but from now on, I think I'm gonna be careful when ordering Uni liao.
Wrapped up with marshmellow frozen using liquid nitrogen~ meh meh la. 
The place was pretty noisy on that day cos someone was throwing a bday party too, and we were sitted at a small corner. For an Omakase meal (packaged at $68 per pax for 12-course) for 4, it added up to $430+ in total lor. *So broke~* WX and my treat. This is an experience though. But I doubt I would go back anymore. In any case, unless any food is an elixir, if not I can't bear to spend more than $100 over it.
3rd Oct Mon: Met Potato at JE and we caught "Deepwater Horizon".
Based on true incident. Kinda frightening but I guess the cinematics did blow up the effects a bit more la.

Rating: 3/5
We walked ard NTUC fairprice and saw this basketball game~ 果然还是比不过他~ Then, I tried this black honey matcha mochi at Jcube... look at someone trying to "act cute" keke~ 
He bought some stuffs at Daiso, and we headed over to another shop and got a pair of slippers each. Had dinner at noodle bar by Tokyo Latte. I had the seafood ramen, chawanmushi and salads while Potato ordered the tempura veggies and prawns. $20 and the ramen were nt bad, I jus tot some料were a bit bitter though.

Saw this jap stall at Pasar Malam on sat, so I ordered the $4.50 cold egg noodle, with scallops, wakeme, corns and jellyfish with sesame sauce... nt filling enought but it was nice!
10th Oct Mon: Potato and I met at Bishan and we had the Kim San Leng chicken rice. So apparently, their signature is the cold chicken. And whoa first time I see鸡尾饭 ($6) more ex than鸡腿饭 ($4). Potato ordered 2 portions of鸡尾, and also veggies and beansprouts too. *I like him following his dad's "when u like to eat, don't bother about pricing juz order" principle haha.* I find it tasty at first, but the sauce was pretty salty... got sick of it aft some time.
We walked to Bishan Park, din see the bike rental shop and kept walking to another part of the park. aft walking for more than 45mins, we still din find the shop omg. Gave up the idea of cycling and headed to AMK to take train to his place instead... weather too hot liao la! I changed my tracker as well, cos the old one kept showing full batt charge even aft many days, and would juz die on me as and when it likes omg.
We had菜饭as late dinner while we enjoyed "Gone Girl" on his com~ yay gd time spent at night at least!

Comments