Acupressure Massage class + 2nd Bento made by Potato + My bday lunch with Pat & WZ @ Curious Palette & dinner @ Malaysia Boleh with Potato & Ning + Cycling, Clementi Jap肉挫面, Girl on the Train, Pho Street with Potato & Dad's bday cake + lunch with Potato + My bday dinner with NCSS clique @ Peperoni + Boufe Boutique with Jess & Sushi Airway with Potato, WX and Jere for my 28th Bday + My bday dinner with QW @ Kinsa Sushi & Bing Bing ice cream! + flu & cough

11/10/16 Tues: First lesson of Acupressure massage at Jurong Spring that I took up... very interesting as we learned about the Meridians and the common acupoints to massage. The whole theory is totally understandable but I can't rmb them exactly if I had to explain though lol. Majority of the students were uncles and aunties, but there was 1 or 2 younger ones like me too. *I'm sure this course will benefit me and my love ones greatly in time to come.*
13/10/16 Thurs: Potato came over to Kranji cos he made the second bento for me! There's sunny side-up, cucmber slices, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, white onions and veggies wrapped in bacons! It tasted really yummy o Potato! *I guess he has the talents in making bentos haha!*
15/10/16 Sat: WZ, Pat, Reiden and I headed to Curious Palette for my 28th Birthday lunch. I thought my Ocean Trout main tasted not bad (minus the croquette since I'm nt a fan), though the portion is not filling enough. Reiden almost hyperventilated when he saw truffle FRIES omg~ Pat was telling us how much her son loves fries lol. The Berry Ricotta Hotcake ($14.90) was sweet yet just nice with the nuts and berries in it~ good for sharing with friends definitely. 
The girls got me prezzies... thanks a lot! Oh and we're somewhat "4-in-love" again haha~ Headed over to meet Potato and Ning at JP for dinner at Malaysia Boleh aft Ning's emcee-ing duty at Safra. The bah kut claypot I had was so-so la. 3 of us shared the Rojak~ Potato's fav! Aft tat, Potato and I walked back to Lakeside and he stayed for a while.
We each did our own blackhead removing session at home, and he's "amazed" by how neat and smooth my black mask spread out on my nose, so I joked and said he's got "no licence" LOL!
17/10/16 Mon: Potato and I went cycling at West Coast Park in the morning. Rented the bicycles for 1 hr (another hr free), and this time round, we'd complete the whole park more than once! I successfully cycled up and down the steep slope across the underpass~ yay! Sadly, I can't really do cycle one-handed or make slow turns properly without falling haha. But I reckon I'm 80% thr for cycling~ yes! *Forgot to check if my seat was tightened properly at first, no wonder it was so painful "down under" lol.* Glad Potato was thr to help, and also with the loose bike chains as well.
Aft nearly 2hrs, we took a bus down to Blk 710 for the famous Japanese bah chor mee at West Coast. There were two coffee shops, and it was the one deeper inside that we saw a pretty long queue in the afternoon. Potato had to queue half an hr for it. We ordered two big bowls, the special bah chor mee and the one with shoyu sauce. Dear had the latter, and I think it's sweeter imo, very nice. Mine was not bad either, the noodles were as Q (they even timed when they cook the noodles leh)~ $12 definitely worthy.
We proceeded to JEM to watch "The Girl On The Train".
Definitely no whr near "Gone Girl", the intriguingly intelligent wife who had her hubby at her mercy. Maybe it's because this story involves 3 ladies and a guy, which is alrdy a more complicated storyline. The jumping of the timeline confused viewers even further, though well we all understood the ending in the end. What we saw halfway, was actually a misrepresentation of the female lead which we thought it was who she was. Aiyoh.
On a side note, Potato and I were freezing in the theatre keke.

Rating: 2.75/5

2 of us had dinner at Pho Street cos I had craving for Viet food.
Their chicken pho was a bit too salty and spicier, and the soup kinda differs from the one I tried in Hanoi, but their rice rolls were yums! I liked it so much I even bought some home for my family haha! I rmb-ed it's dad's birthday, and so I suggested Potato get him a cake. We found the Earl Grey mille crepe special for the mth of Oct at Lady M, and it was so gd that my whole family你一口、我一口and finished it up real quick haha!
18/10/16 Tues: HP, Debbie, Cherry and CY got me Rolls Royce choco! Thanks guys! At night, Prof Wong allowed some of the students to try out acupuncture, I din volunteer to though. It's great having learnt more about acupressure massage, the directions and刮痧methods.  
19/10/16 Weds: Had lunch with Potato at Yew Tee Kopitiam. He had the same Korean spicy chicken soup as me... "gay kiang" huh~ in the end too spicy for him LOL! 
20/10/16 Thurs: Met LL, Jess and KU at Tan Kah Kee MRT ctrl before we headed over to Peperoni at Greenwood Ave together for dinner. *LL got me the tortoise spec's wipe and corn spec's box~ so cute! Thks!*
Ahna, KW and Clement joined us thr directly. 4 of us already had yummy wings before they came haha~ and we met Ahna's chef friend over thr as well. We ordered egg plant, shrooms, pasta, one L-size pizza of seafood and salmon, and another XXL pizza of bacon and shrooms~ I loved the salmon pizza the most though. But oh it's a very filling dinner indeed! Ahna started talking about memories of her own "memorable" wedding 20yrs ago~ pretty funny we tot haha *A big thanks to everyone for the dinner treat! The place was cosy and the chat was温馨.*
21/10/16 Fri: It's the actual day of my bday, and I was secretly hoping for Potato to surprise me at the end of Race day duty, and wahahahahaha! He did! He waited for me to knock off at Kranji MRT, and surprised me with yellow daisies and green tea cake from Lady M at Westgate, and then sent me back to Lakeside. I saw that he looked pretty tired though, with the bloodshot eyes, as he told me how he reached JE at 8+pm, bought my presents and jus sat thr to read before coming over. *I was pleasantly surprised, really. Thanks for taking the effort to come down at such a late time!*
22/10/16 Sat: Jess and I went to Boufe Boutique for lunch. We walked about 20mins from Redhill MRT. The place has a nice interior and backyard definitely, juz tat their swing chair looked a bit worn out...
 
Ordered their salmon croissant, salted egg yolk crayfish with buckwheat, oolong tea and strawberry shortcake. I love the salmon, esp together with the croissant! The strawberry shortcake was filled with strawberries and fluffy too. The texture of their salted egg yolk was however too "grainy"... nt a fan.
The ambience was great and we had a nice chat. *Thks Jess for the treat!* Took a bus back to Redhill MRT and I headed down to Bugis to meet Potato, before 2 of us walked over to Sushi Airways to find WX and Jere.

We shared the sashimi platter, and then each ordered a main to go along with. Mine was chirashi don, while Potato had fried shrimps. Jere had uni don, and he let us tried the uni... finally much better compared to the first time I had it at FORT by Maison Ikkoku. *They bought me a bling silver necklace and a dark blue clutch~ nice!*
WX pretended to excuse herself to go washroom and then came out with 4 Lady M cakes LOL! They got the original, earl grey, green tea and choco flavor ones.
As full as we alrdy were, we still managed to finish it all! Again, a big big thanks to Potato, WX and Jere for the dinner treats and gifts!
Potato and I took the train to Pasir Ris D'Resort to meet SS and her family for BBQ for her parents, who's gg back to Tanzania early Nov. Had a gd time talking to them thr, had some champagne and played the Korean's "pirate sword bopping" game before we left. I managed to hop onto the last train, while Potato took a bus home.
24/10/16 Mon: Had a bad sore throat today. Met QW for dinner at Kinsa Sushi at Hill V2... mediocre food. Then, we had ice-cream at Bing Bing ice-cream cos she wanted sth sour, and ordered mango sorbet while I had Baileys'. *Thanks for the bday gifts gal!*
25/10/16 Tues: Woke up with bad flu~ lotsa phlegm and my nose were blocked. Things became worse when I went into air-con office. The sore throat was pretty much gone though, so I tot it's "perched out" as flu... 风热感冒, but I reckon the air con made the flu much worse, so much so that I had to rub my nose with tissue all day to wipe off the鼻涕, till破皮on both sides of my nose. Heavy downpour came in the evening when I was about to go home, and it certainly doesn't help having to attend Acupressure massage lessons at night in the air con room in CC. The prof asked me to press my列缺穴to reduce cough, and I pressed for quite some time and it did helped a lil, but my flu was still as bad. Though I was sick, but I'm glad I did not miss the lessons cos it's very useful, as he talked about facial massages and acupts to help remove body fats and湿气haha.

26/10/16 Weds: Surrendered and went to the doctor as I had fever last night, and my flu and cough was pretty bad, and I know gg into air-con office will only make things worse. I visit Icon Medical Clinic often as it's near my house, but I am starting to dislike Dr Ng. I wish he could juz keep to talking about the patient's condition instead of trying to "make small talks" or his opinion on other matters. It started with TCM issue last time, and this time two things. One was the one on using clinic cards (Aviva's card as issued by my company), whr patients only co-pay $5, and I suppose the clinic has to claim from the insurers for the rest of the fees. He commented sth like the cards were "bad" and "cash" was still the best. I dun really get his pt but I guess he's tired of making claims or what. Then, he has to indirectly express his views on the company I'm working at, thinking not much youngsters come, so we shld close down and giv space to others. Oh well doc, could you keep your personal opinions to yourself? That's pretty narrow-minded of him, but then again, he isn't someone in this industry he would know nuts. I shook my head and smiled, but deep down I'm unhappy, then again, too sick to reason with him. *He's the doc, if he's unhappy anyhow开药how? Lol.* Jus tot it's ironic he has the framed calligraphy of “仁心仁术” hung up on the walls of his clinic... is that how you define that? Well, he is entitled to his opinion, and he probably doesn't know what he say can offend ppl, but whatever, some comments are meant for juz yourself and we're only a doc-patient relationship, jus stick to treating patients and discussing about our medical concerns alright?
Took medicines for cough (syrup), Zyrtec'D (flu and runny nose), antibiotics and fever and body pain, the last one I wouldn't need anyway. *But whatever... he probably gave to claim more. This is my opinion.*

Comments