BATAM Getaway 2D1N + Yoga Balance + Belated 26th bday dinner & Me Before You with XY + Hot Back Bend and Twist + book fair with Potato & dinner with Jess + left eye sore + Hot Yoga with Potato + Chong Pang Nasi Lemak & Night Safari with Potato! + shopping with Jess + YB's proposal + Lunch, Ganbanyoku, dinner & Mervyn grandma's wake with Potato

1-2/6/16 Weds-Thurs: Time to relax at Batam! *Spent a total of less than SGD 300 for the whole trip.* YQ, WT, SS and I decided to nua at Montigo Resorts for 2D1N. Took Batamfast ferry from Tanah Merah terminal, and we arrived at Nongsapura terminal 45mins ltr. *Grabbed a bottle of sweet wine for the night~*
The resort staff came to fetch us, and it was less than 5mins to Montigo. Pretty friendly staffs they hav there.
On the buggy from the reception to our seafront villa no. 79! There are many uphill and slopes thr. The min the gals reached the 3-storey villa, they went "wow" non-stop la haha.
The bedrooms were on the 2nd lvl (the lvl whr the main door is at), kitchen, living room and private pool were at lvl 1, and lvl 3 was whr the sky deck was. SS and I took the single bed rooms (the bed was super cosy~). *Besides the sky deck, I thought I liked the dining table display the most.* 4 gals decided we shld "pose" at the sky deck haha! 

We grew hungry soon, and decided to visit the nearby restaurant Tadd's for lunch. *Services were pretty gd thr, except it takes a long time for their buggies to reach ur doorstep aft calling.* It was raining, so no other customers were thr except for us. Pretty much chillaxing.

My Nasi Goreng Kampoeng was yums! The rice with ikan bilis and veggies was gd... though I didn't finish my chicken wing cos I was too full. 
Went back to our villa and began our chilling session in the pool! SS started teaching me and YQ how to swim, and poor YQ couldn't really float properly in waters keke. WT was juz sun-busking and taking wefies with us.
Laughed and chatted during the pool's session... about our work, uni life and marriage life etc. Evening came in no time, and we decided to shower and go for a stroll at the jetty. 
Nth much at the jetty, no blue seas lol. We took some photos b4 heading to order Kueh Lapis from Montigo, and then back to our villa to get take-away dinner haha.

Ordered some western dishes for the night, and watching TV, and playing Charades game on HP as we laughed. It was so fun la cos I can't believe how gd we were at recalling sec sch academic stuffs!
Their sandwich tasted gd, but the rest like pastas, burgers etc were so-so. Got the staff to come over and fix our sky deck sittings in the afternoon, but by the time we brought up apple crumble dessert and our wine, we realised one light wasn't working, so we had to call up the technician, while SS and I "painstakingly" tried to lift the cork lol~ damn hilarious... 4 gals为了一瓶酒so cham.
We could see stars from above wor~ nt a lot but still it's pretty. Damn we din hav a huge standing fan up thr and there were mozzies ard, so we only stayed for a while. Headed back to the master bedrm for a chat late into the night... and I guess the "收获" for the trip was getting to hear about WT and her bf haha~
The nex morning, we went to Tadd's again for the complimentary breakfast buffet. They had decent varieties, but I din like th fruits la... too bland. I had "Nongsa breakfast" and it's like mee soto (heavier turmeric taste) and scrambled egges with ikan bilis and chilli!
Boarded the shuttle bus at 1pm for our ferry at Nongsapura at 2+pm. The 2 500g of Kueh Lapis I bought back was okay la~ strong cinnamon flavour though. Was alrdy evening by the time I'm back home!
3/6/16 Fri: *Passed the Kueh Lapis to Potato and family, that was when I know his mum doesn't like to eat lol.* Did Yoga Balance with Potato at Real Yoga before Race Day duty, and I reckon that's when I overworked both my knees, cos they both started to pain the nex day... and it's been on and off for 2wks alrdy. *Doesn't affect me walking, jus hoping it will recover soon with the R.I.C.E method.*

4/6/16 Sat: XY and I met up and had Patbingsu at Westgate, then I treated her to dinner at Bijin Nabe for her belated 26th bday. We caught "Me Before You" too.
Being a caretaker and then falling in love with someone who's destined to die. Bound to hav audience who cried their eyes out. I was touched too, but when I started to tear, my dry eyes were so painful tears began raining LOL.

Rating: 3.5/5
6/6/16 Mon: Potato came over to pass me 6 dumplings his dad made~ yums! *5kg of rice, 8kg of meat... uncle厉害!* We went for Hot back bend and twist aftwards, which I avoided some postures for fear they'd aggravate my knee conditions. Then, we went to Malaysia Boleh to have their rojak again, and popiah! Rojak was yummy as usual, and the popiak was nt bad either.
Headed down to Suntec City for the book fair... pretty small scale I tot. Joan was thr selling sewn stuffs, and Potato bought a cloth book cover from her.
We walked ard Suntec while waiting for Jess to knock off. 3 of us had Astons for dinner! *Had dumplings for breakfast the nex morning... really a lot of料leh! Shiok!* 
8/6/16 Weds: Was working in the morning and halfway through, my left eye felt a bit painful and itchy. Soon enough, it developed into sore eye late afternoon, so I had to see a doc at night and took mc the nex day.
10/6/16 Fri: Did Hot Yoga with Potato, and finished our 4 lessons of trial yoga with Realyoga. Randomly snapped a photo of him buying ba chor mee for me at JP keke~ 
13/6/16 Mon: Met Potato at Yishun and we took a bus to hav Chong Pang Nasi Lemak for dinner~ his recommendation. There was quite a queue alrdy when we reached. Dang the drumstick was super big la. Hmm I tot it was only okay, cos I've had even tastier ones before imo. *Still, I'm thankful for the dinner!*
Went Night Safari, thks to the Safari pass from my company. Took the tram ride one round~ thr r some changes here and thr as compared to 13yrs ago when I went thr. The air was definitely cooler in the greens though~ sth we both enjoy. Caught their Night Safari show too. Aft tat, Potato accompanied me to CCK MRT before gg home himself.
18/6/16 Sat: Jess and I met at JE to shop for LL's bday present. I had Greendot's tom yam noodles for lunch~ so spicy I choked myself so tried their strawberry black tea... a bit sourish but quite nice imo. *Bought the coral jelly for LL~ hope she likes it!*
We sat down and chit-chatted, and decided to hav So Pho for dinner. We shared the veggie shrimp rolls, fried rice and chicken pho~ nt bad la. Weird we weren't very full yet, so I brought her to Griddy for waffles dessert keke~ It's been a great chatting, and eating LOL session!
19/6/16 Sun: Took a cab down to Fullerton hotel aft work ended at 8pm. *Wow the taxi driver shared me with about his days in war Iran and his 24-yr old Down Syndrome kid... a bit saddening to know tat some ppl despise them.* The rest were alrdy thr when I saw WX, Jere and Brenda near the entrance. They hav alrdy done up the decor in YB and BY's hotel rm, ready to surprise the lady when the couple reached their hotel at about 9pm.
And it was a success la~ with some laughters here and thr haha! It was BY's bday soon, so YB probably tot the flower petals on the grd were prepared by the hotel for his bday, but then again she saw friends from both sides too lol. Had a bit of red wine, and we din stay long cos it's Monday the nex day. *Yay congrats to YB and BY! My bestie is finally settling down! BY shld treat her gd~*
20/6/16 Mon: Potato and I met at Vivocity for lunch at King Louis's. The food portion was really huge, but the battered fish main course I had was pretty tasty, except that the potatoes soon turned out to be really salty. Potato's dory fish was nt bad too.
We went into Sentosa, intending to visit Underwater World, but dang the queue was so long, and so we gave up on visiting. He brought me to iFly to watch the some profs and beginners try "sky-diving"... it looked cool.
Then we left Sentosa, and went for our Ganbanyoku session at 4pm. Good sweat-out and I lost 1kg immediately aft tat~ poor potato had a headache that lasted till night time I think. *Apparently, he lacked slp and that could be the "remedial effect"...* 
Had our fav barachirashi don at Thomson Plaza's Sushiro... shiok! I love this officially lol! Sudden craving and I had yogurt before leaving the plaza. We took bus 980 to Sembawang, to pay our last respects to Mervyn's grandma. *Whoa thr was free wi-fi, buffet and waitresses etc at the wake... so modern.* 
Played with Pepper, Mervyn's dog. She loves Potato a lot, kept licking him lol.
*rRandom tThought: Thanks for the talks today Potato! I'm sure it deepened our understanding of each other further!*

Comments