The 5th Wave & Bijin Nabe with Stephen + Time Table cafe with Jess & LL + Two chefs & Sunday Folks' with African gang + 除夕年夜饭 + CNY day 1 + day 2 + Senmi Sushi

1/2/16 Mon: Stephen and I caught "The 5th Wave" at Jem. It does remind us of "Mazerunner" somewhat... teenagers fighting to survive, but this was in a "gonecase world", overtaken by invaders from other planets. *Oh well can't help but to laugh at the romance parts~ a bit勉强leh haha.* The 3 main characters are so young~ haiyo makes me feel old as an audience... so much so that I've lost interest in "youngsters' film".

Rating: 3.25/5
Had dinner at Bijin Nabe at Westgate. It's his first time trying. We loved the tamago, but the salmon roll tasted strongly of veggie on its own, the sweet and sour chilli sauce sure was a gd dip. *Hehe他剥虾壳~* Oh well healthy collagen pot they claim, but one does get sick of the soup at the end... it got too salty. Then again, having it once in a while is fine.

2/2/16 Tues: Met LL and Jess at TimeTable cafe nearby my place aft work to discuss our Vietnam trip in Apr. *Thks to LL's recommendation of her "dream cafe"~ this place is so chillaxing!* I had the vongole pasta which was not bad, the chicken wings was average to me, but the waffles was really soft and nice! What's more? The pricing was without GST and service charge somemore... affordable and cheap for a cafe. 
We had a fun time discussing. Jess brought her laptop over to note down the details. Ended up we're not gg to Hoi An cos we found 7-days itinerary too packed if we were to travel far. So, we're looking at Hanoi, Halong Bay and Sapa for now. Hopefully, we get our air tixs, accomodations and etc fixed soon!
6/2/16 Sat: Had been having serious giddiness while at work, esp whenever I looked at articles using computer. I was pretty worried, so mum suggested I get my eyes checked. It's been 1.5yrs since I last changed a pair of specs, so right aft tuition, I headed to JP's Owndays to get my eyesight checked. The optician did a rough scan and thought my right eye was "weird". *To think all along I tot it was my left eye that gt worse!* Aft a thorough check, he told me my right eye increased by 100degrees alamak! I thought it muz be because it has been "doing all the work" cos my left eye is lazier, but he told me it's cos this eye has been too lazy, so my left eye has been "working hard" at focusing, hence the pain in that eye (and possibly why there was a obvious red patch and red vessels in my left eye in the past wks, and I saw the doc on 22nd Jan to get anti-bacterial creams to lighten it). But he told me it was a "blessing in disguise", since now degrees in both eyes are about the same so less prob of a lazy eye~ I dunno to laugh or not seriously lol. *Costed me $238 to do my new specs.* 
Met the African gang to hav CNY zi char dinner at Two Chefs Commonwealth in the evening. I had my first lo hei of the yr haha~ oh and yup the dishes didn't disappoint either. 
Then, we drove over to Holland V and had ice-cream waffles at Sunday Folks' cafe! *Bumped into JQ there.* That stretch seems to be a hidden gem too! I preferred the summer strawberry flavour over the earl grey lavender here. Chatted till late and decided on our nex gathering, then John drove all of us home... thanks!
7/2/16 Sun: It's除夕and mum decorated the house as usual! *Loads of snacks as usual, plus Jess's pineapple tarts and choco biscuits which my family enjoyed a lot.* 
Rare Sunday that I'm not working, and dad, mum, bro and I had steamboat for reunion dinner like in the past. Somehow steamboat fills my stomach very fast. The uncles came over at night to hav mahjong with bro at night.

8/2/16 Mon: Headed over to外婆家first, before gg over to婆婆家to拜年. Caught up a bit with MJ, JH, YM and uncles and aunts that I see only about once in a yr. Third aunt has her usual round of "pick your angpow" and I got the $20 one haha~ *She say she prepared 3 packets of $50 ones o~* Grandma looked weaker this yr though, but she's cute when she wanna "inspect" our angpows lol. I hope she can rest well and stay healthy!

9/2/16 Tues: Working on a初二as usual, and for the first time, we had Lo Hei in the Weighing Room! *捞个风生水起!愿全家平安健康、爱情,事业都步步高升!*
Went over to外婆家for dinner at night... I loved her猪肚汤as usual! And it feels like WL has grown so much taller and more gd-looking liao now that he is 15 haha! Saw DX and WQ after like so longggg too.
11/2/16 Thurs: Kickboxing for 2days in a row (weds and thurs). I felt refreshed aft Weds kickboxing, was feeling lethargic before that. Kickboxing lesson on thurs was in the Club, and it was that "army grandma" who was our instructor~ whoa sey another strenuous one hr in the evening! Joined Stephen, WX and Jere for dinner at Shokuhin Emporium's Senmi Sushi since mum didn't cook.
We ordered 2 Giant Chirashis (1 serves 2-3pax, $36 each) and a plate of sushi to share. It looks super colourful and the raw fishes tasted fresh and gd too~ but WX and I couldn't finish them. Look at the aftermath below...
We still have about 1/3 left, so the guys finished them all up~ spanking clean sia. *Thks for the treat dear!* We walked the fresh seafood market at the Emporium for a while before heading home.
*rRandom tThought: My eyes still feel tired every morning even though I slpt quite a bit alrdy, and I do feel slight vertigo sometimes when I am seated down. Strange. Shld go check on my cholesterol level and anemia condition soon.*

Comments