CNY dinner @ Stephen's & Valentine's + CNY dinner @ YB's + Eu Yan Sang Health report + fever + DM lunch @ Hai Di Lao + Over Fatigue seminar + 85 eating place & Alex's place + Polyclinic consultation, Deadpool & Ichiban Boshi with Stephen

*rRandom tThought: Seems to be on the down side of health, and visiting doctors more often since Dec last year. Makes me cherish health even more. Besides the well-being of my love ones, gd health shall always be the next priority!* 

13/2/16 Sat: Stephen invited me over to his place for CNY dinner. Met MM and her bf too. His dad cooked up a feast neh! Saw some of his relatives, as well as his dad's kampong friends haha. *I liked the bah kut teh a lot!* Caught an epi of Running Man with him~ hilarious show haha! 
So while he was out getting a cup of drink for me, I placed his Valentine's present on his com table. *Okie la didn't really meant for it to be a secret, but a lil' surprise lol~*
I got Potato a jar of honey, cos there were a few times he would lost voice because of teaching. He bought me a necklace with my name on it, with a pen and a tiny bouquet of flowers haha. And so I wore it to work and YB's place the nex day! *First Valentine for us but it happened during CNY, so a pretty quiet one but still nice.*
14/2/16 Sun: Aft race day duty, Stephen and I went to buy wines from VomFass as a gift for YB's dad's bday, before heading over to her place for dinner. They saved YB's dad's specialty dumplings for us~ whoa we (mostly Stephen la~) managed to finish like 10+ of them! YB, BY, Ben, Stephen and I watched a lil' of Chipmunks movie in her room, before it was bday celebration for uncle! *So he likes green tea cakes too~* Stephen walked me home at night. *Thk u uncle! I know he's a gem la. :)*

15/2/15 Mon: Aft gg to四马路观音庙, I headed back to JE's Eu Yan Sang clinic which I made an appt to go for a health check at. Costed me $60+ for the report ($38) and 6 packets of powder, besides knowing that my body type belongs to one deficient in blood and a few穴位按摩, I tot this trip was not worth it definitely. Shldn't have spent that extra $30+ on the powder which had当归in it, and told to drink twice a day. I drank juz once on the day itself, could alrdy feel the "heatiness" in my body. Another packet down and I had constant fever that lasted thru the night. *也太"补"了吧?*
16/2/15 Tues: No choice but to take mc the nex day. *Seriously, it's like my 1st time taking mc aft working for 2.5yrs.* Saw the doc nearby my house, and I tot he sounded pretty pek cek... "中医没有根据的leh." Anarex (for fever) tasted really bad, and it caused my dry mouth and some sort of chest pain. The antibiotic Clarithromycin was nt any better, but I had to finish the 5days course to effectively kill of whatever bacteria it was supposed to kill. *就算中医的药再苦,我都愿意吃;西药吃多才真的伤身。* 
17/2/16 Weds: Hav to be back at work since Eugene was on leave as well. What's my lunch? Hai Di Lao at IMM leh! It's DM's dept lunch. I only ate food that went into the tomato soup base though, and it gets pretty sweet aft some time. Jessie saw that ppl at my area were falling sick one aft another (Chris and me), so she lent us the air purifier from her rm haha~ 
18/2/16 Thurs: Went for this seminar during lunch that talked about over fatigue. That speaker from Singapore Prevention Ctr taught us about PLU codes on fruits and veggies, and how we shld pressed on内关穴if we hav insomnia or wanna strengthen one's heart. Then, he allowed us all to try this home physiotherapy device, which he claim is not available anyway in SG now, only in TW Kaohsiung hospital's physiotherapy dept.
It sends electronic pulses or waves to your body when u placed both palms or legs on it. As you can see, there are diff modes, and we tried all of it, and felt diff types of pulses. Imo, they weren't disturbing, but not comforting either haha. Aft half an hr, he said it would help clear blockages in our bodies. *Hmm I didn't feel much changes right aft using, but my left foot and left hand suddenly were numb at night, and for the nex few days. Doesn't feel gd eh.* Before the talk ended, he said he had 9 of it, but he didn't intend to sell it juz to make money, but to help those really in need for themselves or their family. *It's $280, I was tempted to get one but didn't buy in the end.* Janice mentioned she bought one similar device many yrs ago for her hubby, and he found it pretty useful though. Oh well, I'm sure this device can help ppl to a certain extent though.
19/2/16 Fri: Queued and bought Toto myself for the first time. I didn't strike but actually got 5 out of 7 numbers (in 3 diff rows la~)... nt bad a guess leh haha.
20/2/16 Sat: Stephen, SS, Jenny, Pi and I took John's car to 85 eating place at Bedok, to meet up with YJ and Alex. Pi came to SG as a surprise for Jenny (who went back home to do last min work), and all of us as well. We ordered local delicacies like BBQ stringray, sotong, chicken wings, 肉圆面, oyster omelette, 菜头粿 and sugarcane juice~ spread neh! *Yay thks to YJ for my fav pastries from Shanghai!*
Aft which, we walked to SS's place to "drag" auditor Jenny out of house~ John drove two times to bring the whole grp over to Alex's place at Tanah Merah. Stephen, Jenny, Alex and I chatted a bit while waiting for the rest to join us. The min SS, YJ, ST, Pi and John came over, they zoomed into Alex's medals and trophies on display in the living rm and his bedrm~ *Ooh someone was once a pageant neh lol~* We played Blackjack, and Alex's luck was damn gd la~ Me? I was ok as a player, earning slowly, yet the min I became dealer (a slpy one somemore), I lost money! Whatever, it's CNY and it's fun to play with them.
And thks to the host, we hav free ice wines for the night. Alex showed us slideshows of John and SS's wedding photos taken in Tanzania, their trip to Kilimanjaro and of cos also of us back in Safari and Tanzania... oh fun memories~ some super unglam photos too lol! *Stephen saw them all lol.* Took a cab home at 1+am~ the taxi uncle seemed envious when I shared my Africa trip with him too.

22/2/16 Mon: Booked an appt the night before at 10.30am. It's the 1st time I went to a Polyclinic myself. Saw Dr Koh at about 10.45am~ this is way faster than walk-in. He alrdy pissed me off when he dismissed me for speaking in a mix of Eng and Mandarin. While I was explaining the condition of my eye to him, he looked plainly pek cek when listening. The moment he saw my health report, he questioned why wasn't I taking medicine alrdy? "What is your doctor doing?"... hmm Dr Koh u wanna ask them!? Then again, he's only a general practitioner, I've read deeper into my condition and am also taking supplements etc. In any case, since I wanted to do a thorough blood test, I decided to do a new check on my cholesterol level again... all these in 3 wks' time. Oh and when it came to whr I wanna go to for my eye screening test, he suggested JMC at 1st, but my mum had a bad exp thr previously, so I told him anywhr in JE (since he looked pek cek), and he gave me NTFGH. *I pray it won't be him I see at Jurong Polyclinic ever again!*
Stephen and I caught "Deadpool" at Jurong Point GV in the afternoon. Thinking it's a Marvel movie, I tot it wouldn't be bad. But aft watching I dun think it's to my liking... let's just say the humour is "above my lvl of appreciation" haha. Pretty skin-deep plot too... killings juz to get back a handsome face alamak.
Then again, this is Marvel. Comics originally... juz hav a laugh in the theatres la.

Rating: 2/5
Since it's been 9yrs since he came to JP, I took him to Shokutsu 10. We had Ichiban Boshi for dinner. The black pork in special sauce set that I had was nice at first, but I got too full later on haha. Their fresh scallop wasn't sweet, and their seaweed wasn't the best I've tasted.
*Thks dear for accompanying me during the walk home to Lakeside.*

Comments