Manicure + Everest with Jess + dinner with poly gals & Reiden + James's wedding lunch + darts + Course @ Lifelong Learning Institute + dinner & desserts with Jess + D'Resort stay with SiGinNas + Dad's bday dinner!

Wanted to do manicure together with Jess on 5th Oct, Mon but she has job interviews last min, so I went alone to J Nail Studio to do it. I did the classic gel mani with dead skin removal ($48) with a nailart design I saw on pinterest ($67)... $115 is really ex but the outcome was not bad. *It would look even nicer if my nails were longer haha.* Had some chats with Kate the manicurist while she did my nails in that 4hrs... whoa it sure was long. 
Jess came later and we went for dinner at Ming Jia korean stall. Shared the ramyeon and kimbap(?) I think haha... cheap and enough to fill stomach as usual. Then, we went to JE Cathay to catch Everest!
Everest is a biographical adventure disaster film based on the 1996 expedition team to Everest. The movie brought audience into the climbing part real fast, which imo was a bit too quick but well that's whr the highlight and actions were. *Omg I saw the dangers the climbers had to go thru~ Everest really tests one's limit and patience.* 
I'm no climber myself, nor am I into climbing at all... cos I always think I'm not physically fit enough to do so, nor do I want to push myself to do so at all haha. The movie was an eye-opener for me, but not to the pt that I wanna cry when I see some climbers die due to High Altitude Sickness or fell off the mountain. But I do respect them for their bravery, and the determination to pursue their dreams. But I'm sure they do know conquering Everest is a much life-risking dream, and would surely have been mentally prepared for the worst no matter what. Their heart-broken family members would hav felt much worse... having lost dear ones.

Rating: 4/5

Met Pat, WZ, XN, Joy, LX and JS for dinner at Junction 8's Kazokutei on 8th Oct, thurs. Pat brought Reiden along to greet us all! She's such an awesome mummy so far... taking care of her boy like change diapers, breastfeed, pat him to slp etc while having dinner with us haha. Her hubby came aft work to bring Reiden out for a stroll in the pram ard the mall too. 
We "big sisters" took a photo with Reiden before gg hm and he looked like he was in a gd mood too haha! Glad he's such a joy to Pat and her family now~
YL and I took a Uber cab down to Pan Pac hotel on 10th Oct, Sat for James and Sophie's wedding lunch. We 2 emcees reached kinda early, and so loitered ard for a bit, before the brothers came down and we discussed the flow for the day with the banquet manager prior to start of lunch.
Took some photos on and off stage while we waited for the lunch to begin. Glad the whole wedding took place smoothly phew~ haha. *Have a wonderful marriage ahead, James and Sophie!*
YB, Jess, Ben, PH, me, YL, YS and his gf plus one Hua Yi teacher and his wife sat together. Had gd food and chats throughout that 3hrs of lunch. Then, we took train home, before YB, Ben, Jess, BY, Rick and I met for darts at JE at night.
Ben picks things up real fast as usual, and Rick, him and I won a set of darts each with member card aft clocking 400pts each within a play (8rounds) yay! We played till about 11+pm and Rick sent us all home.
Attended "problem-solving tools and techniques" course at Lifelong Learning Institute near Paya Lebar mrt last Mon and Tues. Samuel was a pretty nice conductor, he would share his life experience with us now and then. There were 10 students in class and 9 were from STC lol. Pretty enriching I would say.
Met up for dinner with Jess at Westgate's Greendot in the evening.
I tried the tom yam shrooms with brown rice~ $8.90 and it's a huge portion~ nt bad! Jess had their herbal soup noodle. After lazing ard for a bit aft dinner, we decided to try Lady M, which I didn't know there is a new outlet at Westgate.
The green tea millie crepe is alrdy my fav~ yes it's sweet and milky but I love it! *I don't mind having one whole cake for B'day LOL!* Jess had her earl grey lavender tea as usual, while I tried the lemon mint sth tea... ooh kinda spicy and unique, I can accept la, and it goes well with the cake since the cake was pretty sweet.

And the SiGinNas back from Tanzania hasn't seen each other for about 2mths now, so we decided we shld gather! Thks to SS's colleague, we got a room stay at Downtown East D'Resort last fri night.
I cabbed down from Kranji aft race day duty using Uber, and thks to the promotion code from MY, I only paid $3+ for my trip using credit card haha! Had to walk a bit since the driver dropped me at Downtown East lobby... about 10mins before I reached Beach Cove rm 246~ and the guys were alrdy drinking and chatting!
ST had to leave early as she's gt work the nex day, so we quickly took a grp photo! Aft tat, the rest of us were watching Ghost Asylum", 星星的密室, and Inside Out on TV while enjoying Macdonalds~ SS and John were half aslp and half awake lol~ and SS actually woke up in the middle of the night to suddenly wanna play psychological tests with us all lol.

So, Alex, SS, me and YJ took turns to give out qns to everyone to play except for John who was alrdy snoring away. Laughed till 5+am before Alex finally decided he has to slp for at least an hr cos he needs to leave early on sat! I had a bad flu tat night, but I think I still slpt for a bit, but I did hear John leaving, ppl knocking on door, SS waking up etc lol. SS, Jenny, YJ and I left the rm about noon the nex day and headed to Tampines mall for lunch at Chabuton Ramen. I tried the Junior size tonkatsu ramen... average la. Then, YJ and I went to JE's National Step Challenge roadshow, wanna take the tracker but it was fully redeemed alrdy alamak~ so I gave up the idea of joining in tat. 2 of us had green tea souffle at Miam Miam before heading home.
My family went Blk 526 zi char dinner to celebrate Dad's bday that evening. Costed $56 but I think the standard has dropped... prawn paste chicken was quite bland, and the沙锅鱼头's sauce was too thick alrdy la~ Well we said we're nt gg thr for zi char anymore.
*rRandom tThought: Excited about life. So much to think, to prep and to do. But the only killer is procrastination lol. I shld start to do more than I always think.*

Comments