SAIC week + X-Men: Days of Future Past!

My first time experiencing SAIC wk at STC last wk. 
I'm busy, not hectic, but still mentally drained. *Now I wonder how much worse it would get with the Chinese site online the next time...*
I was supposed to wake up about 3.15am (woke up like 4+am a couple of days cos I overslept~) in order to reach the Club by about 4.45am via cab, as the international horses start their trackworks at 5am. On Monday, Mike, Jon and I went down to the Lotus rm aka Media Centre by about 4.30am. *Didn't see WH and Charmaine, only to know later that they reached only aft the international horses end their run alamak.* 
Summary over the six days: terribly cold media centre, diff varieties in the breakfast served, got a deeper insight into the diff workouts horses do as I observed and learned at the same time... and of cos the beauty of sunrise which I saw so clearly for the first time in my life, for as long as I can rmb:
The sky is a beautiful backdrop against the tracks, and it's so pretty that I didn't even have to do any touch-up on the photos taken. 

On weds, my colleagues and I took the shuttle bus to V @ China Square for the Post Position Draw. And we know that World Cup has parrot doing the prediction for the winner, over here we have a cute hamster lol!
That night, I met YY outside Shaw House to get the pair of SEA premiere tickets to "X-men Days of Future Past". *I was late and poor YY almost couldn't go into the media area~ so ps!*
Jess and I headed over to Far East Plaza for dinner, since we couldn't squeeze into the screaming crowd at the blue carpet awaiting Hugh Jackman, Peter Dinklage and Fan Bing Bing. We patronised Sushi Bar!
Very unfilling and pretty expensive neh haha... though the food was nice. Then, we went back to Shaw House's TCC for a drink and chat while waiting for the movie to start at 9+pm. YJ and her 2 media friends joined us after the blue carpet event ended too~ laughing so hard over their encounter haha~
And guess what? We were all supposed to go into different theatres! *10 theatres in Lido all showing X-Men movie!* Jess and I were in Lido 4~ and great there was a bag of freebies including 3D glasses, popcorn, mountain dew, file and pizza voucher in it.
*The timeline for X-Men series is complicated!*
Overall, I liked the movie! The scene where Peter Maximoff rescued Erik, in which everything stopped in time due to Maximoff's power was pretty intriguing. *I still prefer James McAvoy in short hairstyle outside the movie, but him with the long hair has this颓废、不羁feel haha.*
Fan Bing Bing only appeared for a short while in some scenes, but she is quite pretty.

Rating: 4/5

Jess and I cabbed home together, and I reached only about 12.30am... slpt for about 2+hrs and I had to go for work on thurs morning! *Most of the cab drivers were kinda shocked when I told them I was gg for work at that wee hr lol.*

Did went for chill party at Shanghai Dolly on thurs night but I was really too tired... had dinner and went off with Daryl at about 9pm.... if not I can't wake up on time for trackworks on Friday for sure.
*rRandom tThought: I tried to tell myself not to go on anymore this way, but still it naturally does.*

Helped Mike to send out press releases to diff grps of ppl on saturday... was a lil' careless cos I forgot to let Mike proofread before sending them out. In the end, spent some time clearing up all stuff and since Daryl waited for me for a while, I treated him to lunch at Taman Jurong Super Bowl food ctr haha.
At night, I took the MRT to Orchard, and took some time to find my way to Hilton hotel grand ballroom for the Gala Dinner. Saw Edward alight from the cab and we took the escalator up to the 3rd flr together... omg the small area outside the ballrm was flooded with guests~ majority clad in black colour somehow too! *For a moment I tot it was stated in the invite that we were supposed to wear black...* 
I was in this white flower dress... kinda显眼so I tried to look ard for familiar faces. Lucky I'd found Eliza~ and she led me to the reception area whr I saw ZX, CK, Clarissa, Justin, Felcia, Pauline, ZN and Jessie.
Jessie was all dolled-up that night~ ooo glam and pretty mama! Took photos with Clarissa, LT and SH before the start of the night too.
There was live band performance, turf bell doing catwalks in gowns, and a simple dance showing multiracial backgrd of SG. It was a 7-course dinner~ and SH was joking the dishes are "exquisite but not filling" haha.
I liked the cod though... tender meat.
Many ladies wore evening gowns and make-ups done~ ok I felt a lil' "underdone" but who cares? This is me haha~ as long as I dun feel too far off. Event ended at 10+pm, and before I left, continued to take pics with some other colleagues too~
Took the hotel shuttle with Daryl, ZX and Doreen, together with foreign media guests back to the Regent hotel. *Oh this Australian media uncle was getting "overly-friendly" with Doreen~ the kiss on her fingers muz hav freaked her out haha!* After we got off, this Sweden media uncle *shan't say the name here* who looked a lil' high too, walked over to me and started getting touchy alamak~ I had to fled la! *Oh thks to Daryl for the lift home!*
Finally~ it was D-Day on Sunday! I think it's the first time I'd see the club this packed with punters on the first flr! Had my tea break at Media Ctr~ the shanghai dumplings were a bit too dry imo. Was kinda busy back at the weighing rm, editing photos and esp during the two big races. *SIA gals were a lil' noisy in the rm for a moment.* And so Hong Kong horses won the races again this yr~ with Lucky Nine for KrisFlyer Sprint and Dan Excel (my pick) for SIA Cup! A lil' disappointed with my fav Johnny Guitar's position in the end but I'm sure it's an experience gained!
A good work experience for me. I foresee a tougher SAIC period for me nex yr but hopefully by then with all the practice done along the way, hard work can pay off well!

Comments