Dinner with colleagues at Men Don Tei + Christmas gathering with Uni and poly clique + 2014 New Yr resolution

Had last-min dinner with MY and Daryl at Westgate last fri. *Yup Daryl'd been yearning to go thr all these while~* My shrimp don was not bad imo, but the chawanmushi was only so-so.

Had a fun Christmas gathering last sun with the uni gals at Antoinette Cafe at Penhas rd, off lavender st. As like wat WT said... lovely French ambience... looks atas haha.
Well of cos, the pricing is more on the higher end too. The crab suzette ($26) was way too salty for me, and those minced crab meat were so small I can't exactly taste "crab". The other gals had the all day breakfast and somehow they didn't complain tat much... I prob shldn't hav tried Italian food at a French place? Lol.
On the other hand, the interior decor is too pretty to be missed!
Ok for the highlight of our gathering: gift exchange!
We played“终极密码”and the "dirty snatch", as suggested by majority. *YQ was the 1st to "dio" and she couldn't snatch haha~* Apparently no one "snatch" anyone esle's gift... so "unattractive" keke. I picked LC's gift... and got facial masks and a pretty necklace from mini bits... good for me since I don't have similar designs haha. *LC tot it suits me too.* My gift went to Mich... it's a wooden chopstick and spoon set.
LC got us mini gifts from China, and YQ gave us each a x'mas card too. 

XN and LX reached town earlier on mon evening to buy Pat's bday cake. WZ alrdy got her 25th bday presents. All of us were panicking a lil' cos we were afraid Pat would find out about the surprise before we pop it. In the end, we had dinner at Manna Story, and aft dinner, the staff were very nice to bring out the choco cake from Choco Origin!
See how happy Mrs Weng is? Oh it's Pat's first bday aft getting married haha. Lucky she didn't really guessed it but was expecting it lol.
And on to our exchange! We were kinda noisy while doing it haha~ fun!
Oh yeah I got a super kawaii pink pillow from WZ! *Dual usage good!* Lol WZ looks a bit worried when I was the one to get her pillow haha... prob. cos I'm nt exactly ur "pink gal" lol. But yup I like stuff toys actually~ they're wonderful! Not that I hate pink, it's juz tat I seldom take interest in pink colour items.Oh and of cos Pat, XN and LX got us lots of food items from Europe and Korea haha... I brought them to office~ 好啦,不怕饿扁啦!
Looking back, 2013 was an average yr for me. Some unhappiness between me and bro, but on the whole things went fine for my family. As usual, I wish for the best of health and success in whatever my parents and bro do in 2014, and many years ahead. 
WL was admitted to hospital few mths ago, and was in a state of danger at some pt of time. Uncle and auntie had a lot to cope with during that period of time. *Being healthy is the biggest fortune for anyone.*
After submitting FYP early this yr, I wrapped up my 4yrs in NTU, graduated and was lucky enough to find a Chi journalist cum translator job at STC. *我一直希望工作和中文有关,算实现了。* It's been almost half a yr into working, and I guess working is a turning pt in my quarter life. Nonetheless, I'm still trying my best to adapt to working life, learning and picking up hw "adults" communicate haha. I can foresee new challenges at work coming up, but I'm prepared to handle it in ways I deem fit haha.
人际关系wise, I'm meeting and getting to know more and more new friends, which means my social circle is expanding~ which is good haha! Of course, I will keep in contact frequently with old friends... cos they are worth it. *Prob only for HL... I think that friendship shld go into memory. Not to be forgotten though.* 
Okie enough of reminiscing on 2013. For the new yr ahead, I shld always remind myself to stay positive and brave no matter what happens. I shld be more responsible for myself too, since I know my parents are ageing and that I'm almost the person (physically, emotionally, financially etc) they can rely on now. Relationship? Things look good for now and hopefully all would go well nex yr! I've been a "let nature take its course" person, and well I reckon I would still stick to this principle, but yup taking the first step to know new friends would be gd!
My dream of travelling ard the world? I think this is still far from realising but I would take a step at a time too... probably go overseas once or twice a yr... enough for me. *I reckon the joy of being overseas is not only on exploring exotic and fun places/stuff, but more of the fact that I'm spending time with wonderful friends.*
Oh yes for the list of "minor minor daily activities" I shld learn/do: learn to cycle and do more sports! Okie then sth tat I always procrastinate... learning to cook LOL!
人能从生活中学习、累积智慧是一大乐趣。希望随之越来越成熟,也更沉着地应付事情。
还有很重要的:知恩图报。继续懂得珍惜和分享爱,因为能感受温暖是很幸福的。

Comments