The Hunger Games: Catching Fire + Silent Blood @ FreeingSG with sec sch friends + dinner at New Udon Thai Food + 3 Peas in a Pod + 동창생 + 天台

*rRandom rRant: Work wears me out mentally so I slp kind of early as compared to last time now. And to think I still have“原来是美男啊”、“爸爸去哪儿”、"Supermodel Me 4" and the usual Korean variety shows to watch~ no time omg!*

Caught "The Hunger Games Catching Fire" with YB at cine in the morning last sun.
I like this as compared to the first movie. Probably it wasn't as "raw and cruel" as before, could see more humanity here.
I couldn't help laugh at the overly-exaggerating outfits in the show lol.

Looking forward to "part 2.2".

Rating: 4/5
YS, Ben, PH and her bf, Jess, YB and I played the 3D room escape reality game... "Silent Blood" at FreeingSG. *I thought I was gonna freak out but apparently I didn't haha!* I like the idea of the grp brainstorming together, trying ways and means to find/decode/solve watever hidden passcodes there were.
Can't reveal details (and I shldn't spoil the "fun" too right?) since we all signed the indemnity forms before playing the game. Well, there was a "minor setup error" which was a il' disappointing to say, and anyway we managed to breakout by 30mins or so, when the given time limit is 45mins. 
We promised to try other outlets in future though haha!
YS drove, and Jess, YB and I took his car to Bugis st nearby, and we had dessert at 5+pm haha.
YS recommended we could hav dinner at Golden Mile, and so we headed over to New Udon Thai Food and had Mootaka!
$13 per pax and I thought it was nice! Ok la the talks and laughter with awesome friends definitely works haha! *Thai iced tea was a lil' too sweet for me.* Oh and YS was nice enough to drive all of us home except PH and her bf... they went "pa-tor-ing" lol~
Caught "3 Peas in a Pod" with LC and XY. Peter, Perry and Penny are good friends from Melbourne uni, and they decided to go on a grad road trip together. I didn't like the fact that Peter committed suicide in the end, but I guess being a "block of wood" that I usually am, I didn't guessed the "relationship" between 3 of them to be so!?
Re-examining traditional views of romance here, but this isn't a totally fresh genre alrdy. However, I liked the fresh, new combi of the 3 leads... Calvin, Alexander and Jae. *Ironically, Calvin looked better in the show than Alexander~ more manly imo haha.* 
Well, this movie is flawed technically, storyline was normal, but I've to say I love the scenic views of Australia here~ pretty... makes me wanna visit some day!

Rating: 3.5/5
Watched "동창생" with Daryl at JP. *The guy beside me told me that my food smells, but omg he doesn't realise that his BO was much worse.*
A story about a young North Korean guy that acts as a spy in South Korea. With good fighting skills, he completes his mission one by one before he realises that he will nv return to North Korea, and be reunited with his younger sister... doesn't interest me.
TOP's eyes never fail to captivate... they're beautiful as usual. His expressions? The usual "cool and calm" look... guess that's what is needed by his character.
I can't wait to see him challenge other roles in future, pls no more killer and dark characters... maybe someone bubbly haha!

Rating: 3/5
Can I say I love this film! I don't know why so many others out there criticise this but it's not often that you see musical in chinese movies. Storyline aside, Jay's creativity with the setup, music and lyrics (like how he often does impromptu stuff) is thumbs up for me! 
The only scene unlike-able for me shld be the car chasing scenes near the end... too typical.

Rating: 4.25/5

Comments