12/11/11: Emceeing EF and LZ's wedding luncheon at Noble House

*rRandom rRant: No mood for revision omg.*

I'd been rehearsing to myself the day b4 prior to LZ's wedding luncheon today. Woke up at 8am this morning, and met WZ at Tanjong Pagar at 10+am. We walked to the UIC Building... a rather old building, and I heard tat they're gonna tear the place down after nov. 
Din expect to see tat many ppl (mainly LZ's sisters at the reception) when we reached, and it was a lil' diff from William's wedding last time cos we dun exactly hav the chance to go on stage and rehearse once b4 the event start, though it isn't much of a prob anyway haha. 
Noble House restaurant有那种oldies的建筑风格... pretty gd. 
Saw Lynette, Judy, Catherine, Molly, Trina, YH and Dorothy. They were all seated at a diff table from me lol... WZ and I were seated with LZ's sec sch classmates, of which some were her "sisters". 
Basically 2 of us met with Tony and Tommy, the operations staff over there, and did a brief runthru of the programme, and we saw EF's bro too. He's the coordinator, and we can see tat he hopes to do the whole thing well for his bro. Even Tony was praising saying it's the 1st time a coordinator does the thing better than the programer haha. Tony briefed us well thruout too... and it really teaches me sth: even though the whole hosting process is less than 20mins, there are still quite a bit of details to take care of in order for everything to run smooth. *1st time I knew the wedding cake is "fake" haha... Tony was demonstrating to us when he cut lol!*
Took some pics of ourselves while I did a bit of touch-up on my blush and gloss. *It's nt often u see me dress this way neh haha!*
Was feeling rather nervous when I saw the place starting to get filled up with guests lol. Tommy gave us the cue at about 1.10pm (on time leh~) and 2 of us headed to the podium. Lucky we could stand behind the podium, so basically I could see the piece of script (even though I already gt it memorised la) in front of me. I think I was so nervous I din really see Tommy "cued" us from the back of the hall lor haha... WZ told me le then I started my speech haha!
EF and LZ walked down the aisle twice, and somehw I felt the timing was a bit long for both... WZ and I of cos did tried to say things to "cover up the silence" but I think I myself could hav done better somehw haha...临场发挥真不容易啊!*Lucky I gt WZ beside me haha... having someone as a partner definitely helps!*
It was longer than usual for the waiting time till our 2nd time onstage. Maybe LZ took some time to wear her second gown? It was oni after the 4th dish did Tommy cue us to go up. They played a childhood montage of EF and LZ's, then we invited the couple onstage for toasting. Both WZ and I tot EF did a gd work in his speech... could seeing him trying his best! *I rmb myself "spurring" him on while he tried very hard to pop open the champagne... I tot my reaction there was nt bad eh!* Oh and then it came to the toasting ceremony whrby we had to invite the family and friends up, and I guess it's rather normal for ppl to be moving slower, since they juz gt up from their seats haha. I din realise there were still ppl coming up the stage and already began to say my speech lol... so I repeated again after making sure all were onstage. *EF's bro literally screamed "Yum Seng" loud there neh haha!* After everything, Tommy din cue us for our 3rd time onstage, which was near a farewell speech to the guests. We saw that many were already leaving, so WZ and I went up ourselves and thk-ed them b4 all left la haha... sadly, no one "bothered" about us haha~ but aiyah it's normal since they were leaving haha.
Dorothy, Trina, Molly and I went upfront to take pics on the stage haha. Oh and EF rmb-ed to give WZ and I angpow b4 we left haha! *They were generous, really thk u EF and LZ!* WZ and I gt them little gifts in exchange... mine was a pair of cute stuff toy... fishes, while WZ gt them couple cups. 
*参加、主持婚礼并没让我有“想婚”的冲动,还是觉得自己不准备步入婚姻那个阶段(心智上)。
个人也觉得婚宴是很形式化的东西,我既不向往,但也不排斥啦。*
I hope both of us hav been up to their expectations as hosts. LZ did told us their families were happy with our performance haha~ relieved! The whole wedding luncheon ended b4 4pm, and then I headed to WZ's house.
Chatted for a while and flipped thru her photo albums b4 we left for Bugis for dinner. Oh saw James and YL at J.Co too... coincidence since they were there for JC class gathering... Sohpie and YL's class. And I saw Lynn at Watsons too and pointed it out to Lynn haha... so we were saying hw gd I am at rmb-ing faces... which I think I really am.
*rRandom tThought: Okie gotta "cheong" for exam... nt gonna be online tat often for the time being. Gd luck to myself!*

Comments