Jess’ belated 35th bday @ Dim Sum Haus

16/1/24 Tues: My upper body was aching a bit from yesterday’s Pilates Reformer class but it always feels more stretched out after Aerial Yoga. Did simple flow tonight too. *Reminding myself I can’t predict whatever job opportunities that come, so I shall learn for the sake of interest, and not just to prepare for what I think might come.*

17/1/24 Weds: Good stretch in Yin Yoga and Sound Bath class but Yip cancelled Wheel Yoga class because there were few sign-ups tonight haiz. *Potato bought sushi for us keke~*

19/1/24 Fri: Re-joined Qigong class after a long while and we did关节操which was basic but fun I thought, 六字诀and明目操. *Felt it was easier to do Qigong on an empty stomach than after my oatmeals.*

Potato cooked hot soba for dinner~

Did back massage with负压仪. Joyce said the “weaker” area was still my upper back, which means spleen and stomach. Had my first tuition with Kelly, who seemed a bit shy. Definitely needs improvement in her mandarin and hopefully, she’s hardworking enough. *I really liked Hoo Shin and Jimin’s pairing after watching “After Signals”. The artist seemed like a great guy.*

20/1/24 Sat: Had rosti for dinner~ thanks to Potato for a good meal after work hehe.

21/1/24 Sun: Celebrated FIL, MM and Liv’s birthday with two slices of cakes, fruit cake and mille crepe from Chateraise~

22/1/24 Mon: Had Pilates Reformer class with Belinda this morning again because Chisa wasn’t back yet. A good workout that was tough at times. Then, I went to Clementi to get some assessments for Kelly and bought a pair of new work shoes for myself.

Ian joined us for dinner. Potato cooked clam miso soup, stir-fried bok choy with carrot slices and also king oyster mushroom with minced meat and tau pok~ a bit salty because he used the light soy sauce instead of the dark one. Still, a delicious dinner! We caught “Man on the Run” on Malaysia’s former PM Najib Razak and Jho Low and the 1MDB scandal… corruption haiz.

23/1/24 Tues: Aerial flow tonight was a bit challenging but not un-doable.

24/1/24 Weds: Attended Yin Yoga and Wheel Yoga as usual, but the latter class felt a bit boring… probably because I’m stuck at wheel-assisted headstand for the longest time. *Guess I need to do some practice at home!*

26/1/24 Fri: Went for my second session of TCM massage and it was another lady masseur this time. She had more strength, and it was certainly more painful but I still quite enjoy the one-hour session. She encouraged me to try拔罐again on both my upper and lower back, but advised against doing on my legs this time since I wore shorts and was heading out after that. *相比起上半身,她说我的下半身比较寒。*

Potato cooked Napolitan (sausage with green capsicum in tomato sauce-based pasta) pasta for us for dinner and coincidentally, the male lead in a Japanese drama he watched later on also cooked Napolitan in episode one haha! It’s a show that talked about cooking and mathematics haha… up his alley lol.

27/1/24 Sat: Potato did one of Masa’s recipe: salmon yaki with miso sauce minus the chilli for dinner. There were also enoki shroom, shimeiji shroom, cabbage and onion in the saucepan. Not bad but we thought it could do with either chilli or a dash of lemon juice in the end to reduce the “jelak-ness” from the miso base towards the end.

28/1/24 Sun: Met Jess, LL and Ahna for Jess’s belated 35th birthday hi-tea at Dim Sum Huas at Jalan Besar. We were there for 3.5 hours and only left by 6.30pm lol… very full. There were lots of selections and I quite enjoyed the carrot cake and红油抄手, albeit minus the taste of cumin. It’s been a while since we saw Ahna and she updated us on KJ and happenings in her home~ jiayou Ahna!

After that, LL, Jess and I ended up at Sweet Cheeks café for ice-cream and talks. Jess shared about PH and he sounded like quite a good guy. May things work out for the pair!

29/1/24 Mon: Had Pilates reformer with Chisa again after two weeks and now the old studio at Sime Darby was packed since one unit has been closed. It was still a tiring workout though haha.

I decided to try out a recipe I saw online using the Air Fryer to fry the enoki and oyster shroom. *swopped the BBQ powder to five spices and white pepper, but the shrooms did not come out as crispy as it should I think* Potato grinded black pepper onto it directly when eating and that enhanced the flavour by quite a bit. We also had cabbage soup, scrambled egg and lentil for our meatless dinner~ the flavours went well together I thought.

30/1/24 Tues: Sweated in Aerial Yoga class tonight! Did a different flow from before to achieve the final pose and twice I’d suffer rope burn on three fingers on each of my hand ouch~ *I think I need a bit of change in my routine nowadays…*

Comments