Parents-in-law over for lunch + lunch @ Legendary Hong Kong with Ian & Cherlyn + MIL, MM, Andre, Luke & Liv over for dinner + Soul Coffee & Aura crystal reading with XY + TRX Suspension bootcamp & WunderFolks Tiramisu for in-laws +《模仿犯》+ Yuhuang premium seafood soup for parents’ day + “Hunger” + Park Royal Lime Patisserie afternoon tea with MCP

23/4/23 Sun: Potato cooked a bowl of heartwarming hot soba with crabstick, bok choy, egg, tofu and prawn paste to welcome me home after a long day of work!

24/4/23 Mon: Returned to Pilates Reformer class with Chisa after about a month and it felt like I’m a bit weaker and stiffer again lol.

I cooked a simple meatless dinner for us in the evening. There was dumpling, onion, seaweed, tomato and enoki shroom in tom yam soup, boiled lentil and stir-fried black fungus, bok choy and scrambled egg.

25/4/23 Tues: *Cannot stand unprofessionalism at work but I have to bite the bullet because it’s my job. Take the easier way out if I bump into similar incidents at work in future hmph.*

Did a new flow tonight in aerial yoga class and it felt really nice to be “lying down” in mid-air haha.

26/4/23 Weds: Potato cooked cream pasta with sausage for us tonight!

After Yin Yoga and Sound Bath class, I tried new poses in wheel yoga class tonight. Agnes was very kind to guide me in doing the wheel-assisted headstand and it was tough just trying to balance with bent knees while upside down.

28/4/23 Fri: Did香柏木back massage and头部拨筋concurrently but I just thought it was a bit different than before. Attended my virtual Piloxing class as usual but I don’t enjoy this new instructor’s class as much as coach Stephanie’s because instructions were not as clear, there’s much less breaks in between and she just pushed us on and on…

Potato cooked winter melon soup and stir-fried chicken leg meat with napa cabbage for dinner~ nice!

29/4/23 Sat: *I think it’s the first time STC decided to postpone part of the meeting due to inclement weather since I started to work here but the way it panned out was just messy and confusing…*

Potato cooked his “pho-inspired” Chinese ramen soup dish with chicken and it was not bad, bar the taste of cinnamon which was a bit too much for me.

30/4/23 Sun: WL and WS came over in the morning and we had Mac breakfast together while discussing our trip to Mauritius in June. Then, FIL and MIL came over near lunch time to help with the drilling of the wall in our master bedroom to hang our wedding portrait and fix the water heater switch, which had a loose wire connection behind it. PotaTOHs ate lunch with them at Koufu and they went back soon after.

After tuition with Natasha, I attended the second Restorative Yoga class. We used the chair as one of the props on class this evening. Liked how Yip shared that as we grow older, the first body parts to weaken are the nerve endings and also our flexibility. He also reminded us when it comes to sitting on a chair, your body and leg must be at an 90-degree angle to the floor or if not, the legs must be lower than the butts so that the hip muscles won’t be constantly contracted.

Came home to a simple Taiwanese ramen soup dinner Potato cooked for us. He had the one in crab roe stock while I had the one with Japanese pork ramen soup base.

1/5/23 Mon: PotaTOHs treated Ian and Cherlyn to lunch at Legendary Hong Kong at Jurong Point. I liked their carrot cake and ‘pineapple bun’ most, but their prawn dumplings and siew mai were not bad too.

MIL, MM, Andre, Luke and Live came over late afternoon and Potato was preparing their dinner. MIL, Luke and Andre went to the playground downstairs to play while MM looked after the four-month-old Liv in our living room.

We had pork kakuni, miso soup, stir-fried shimeiji shroom with carrot and beansprout and also some fried pork belly FIL made for us. So nice to have the family over for dinner though I was too full from lunch to finish one part of the pork belly portion I had haha.

2/5/23 Tues: Had lunch with the Racing folks, Serene, Michael, Calvin and Steven at Yew Tee Kopitiam and the bunch has the habit of drinking coffee at Ya Kun before heading back to office haha.

Did the “railway” pose tonight but I thought the flow was slightly different from what I did previously, so the “railway” seemed a bit narrower than before haha.

3/5/23 Weds: Joined Yip’s Power Pilates for the first time and we used Pilates ring, a pair of 1.5kg dumbbells, gliding discs and resistance bands for different moves in class. It was almost impossible for me to lift the dumbbells up while we’re in “dive” position. Also, opening the legs up were tough for me while we had the resistance band around the area on top of the knees.

Had a quick fix for lunch! The instant Ichiran ramen was nice at first but it got salty for me towards the end.

Did my second neck and head and third womb负压治疗but with PY today as EQ was running a fever. Saw improvement because 罐印颜色较浅 compared to the last two times, but same as what Sherlyn told me, there were more “black spots” on my back which meant that blood circulation and detox is slower in my body, especially as I’m taking statins. PY tried to sell me a new package for the neck and head treatment, together with the back treatment (usual price at $1280 for 10 sessions), but I told her I’d like to consider.

There were only five people in Yin Yoga and Sound Bath class tonight, so Yip let us play with the singing bowls. We also did Savasana around the singing bowls and the sound was so relaxing~

Did a new pose on the wheel tonight.

4/5/23 Thurs: *Almost bumped into people I’m awkward with this afternoon… I chose to stay afar instead.* Came home to yummy tom yam chicken leg and enoki shroom, as well as stir-fried napa cabbage Potato made!

5/5/23 Fri: Took the train down to Kinex Mall at Paya Lebar with XY for a crystal aura reading at Soul Coffee café. Treated her to the reading with cake and drink package ($38 per pax). Interesting interior. I ordered the “Libra Mocktail” – aloe vera juice, wild mint and butterfly pea flower – and it was refreshing while she had her “Gemini Coffee” – Signature Expresso with milk and osmanthus topped with cheesecake whipped cream… I thought nice bar the osmanthus taste that came through afterwards. We tried their white peach cake with white chocolate and yam coconut mousse… they were not as soft as I thought but rather ‘spongy’, and I preferred the latter, albeit both were rather sweet.

After we were almost done with our food, the manager cum master came over and did our readings individually. After I’d draw out all the 11 crystals, he commented that mine was quite colourful (six colours in there) and that I have the natural aura that can draw people to me, so I do have many benefactors and not really any小人. He said that my work environment was healthy, but there’s some problem there which will be resolved soon and that I’d find the drive to do something in these 3 to 6 months. He could tell I worked quite long in my industry already and I had good knowledge in it. He thought that I was someone with quite a senior position leh... but nope, I’m only a small fry. He also said that If I left the company, it’d create problems for them. *I secretly hope so, but I also laughed at the thought~ come on la, STC won’t crumble without me.*

He said I tend to worry a lot and told me now to stress over things because everything’s fine~ I have a good love life and relationship, but always avoid quarrel with the family and close ones, so communication is key. He joked that my health is good, so I can afford to eat more lol. Probably one more slightly negative point was that he didn’t see the ‘wealth vault’ in me, which doesn’t mean that I don’t earn, in fact I do and I don’t spend a lot either, but most of my 钱财动不了, because I probably locked them up in investments and stuff. Oh and sadly, he told me not to think about promotion in my career or what for this period of time~ oh well. *Forgot to ask about what if I seek a new job, have kids or travel luck!*

It was an interesting reading. Then, XY and I went over to西安印象to have凉皮、酸辣饺and三色花生for late lunch. I didn’t like their凉皮as much because it was saltier than the ones I tried from温家饱. The other two dishes were okay.

After coming home in the late afternoon, I vacuumed the house as usual while Potato helped mop the floor. *Relieved that the car rental for our trip in Mauritius is 80% settled after the long ding-dongs.*

6/5/23 Sat: Long day at work because Larry had two stories and I wrote my own too. Good to come home to teriyaki salmon with broccoli and lotus peanut radish soup Potato cooked~ Continued working till 11+pm haiz. *Discontinued tuition with Amelia after about two years because our timings cannot match well in recent months.*

7/5/23 Sun: Attended Yip’s TRX Suspension bootcamp class this morning for the first time. It was what I’d imagine it to be: working on the arms, legs and core. Mountain climber killed me and it felt like my calves would cramped up while doing one of the other moves on the floor. *Definitely sweated~*

PotaTOHs collected the box of tiramisu ($12.80) I bought from WunderFolk tarts for Mother’s Day before heading over to my in-laws. *Glad they all liked the dessert, albeit I found it a bit sweet.*

Finished watching《模仿犯》on Netflix.

Quite gross, both literally and mentally. It’s disgusting how strong media influence can have on people in a negative way. It still felt like justice was not done even at the end… not a satisfying one.

Rating: 3.5/5

8/5/23 Mon: Refreshing Pilates Fitball workout this morning with only six students in class. Yip let us worked as a team and use our legs to push one fitball into mid air before the class came to an end. *My triceps and legs were a bit sore from TRX yesterday morning.*

Did a simple meatless hot soba for dinner tonight. I cooked carrot, taupok, kombu, enoki shroom and veggie dumpling in the soba stock before adding tamago and the chopped spring onion.

9/5/23 Tues: Mike treated me to lunch at the XO fish head bee hoon stall at Marsiling hawker centre haha. We discussed about my Mauritius trip in June and some racing matters as usual.


Bro and I treated the family to seafood and fish soup from Yuhuang premium seafood soup stall ($94). Potato and I shared their seafood soup for two ($48) and though the soup was nice, it doesn’t make me want to have it a second time. The portion we had with abalone, prawn, fish meat, mussel, clam, fish maw and pork meat in it wasn’t a lot either.

Tried a rather simple flow tonight in aerial yoga class but my lower back hurts a little with the deep stretch.

10/5/23 Weds: *Sounds like the rumour was true after the announcements at STC’s Townhall. Not complaining. Hope the other negative one isn’t true though.* Headed over to the Foogle Hub at ITE College West earlier to see if I can have dinner but most stalls were already cleaning up even though the operation hours was said to be from 7am to 7pm, so I ended up eating tom yam maggie mee instead lol.

After Yin Yoga and Sound Bath class, we tried a few poses in wheel yoga tonight. There were some that I could manage, but man my arms definitely need more strength. Tried to do the wheel-assisted headstand but I still can’t so I helped Paige with that. Yip also let us try the full-arm handstand but all I did was jump all night trying to get upside down yet failed haha.

11/5/23 Thurs: The 1.5h massage with Jaye at LifeSpa was good like the first time, she’s as positive and encouraging but the location is just too inconvenient for me. I’d recommend Jaye to friends but however, the sales consultant lady’s attitude pisses me off a second time. She not only hardsells, but also when she knew I no longer want to sign on any packages, she gave me the cold shoulder right away. I could feel everything in her words and body languages…现实鬼. I understand why some have such an attitude but for a service role, that won’t bring you more businesses.

Tried the Chanko Oden ($10) and I liked the big fat radish the most lol. Also made a quick pitstop at Kwan Im Thong temple.

PotaTOHs planned to watch the Thai movie about food called “Hunger” on Netflix, so Potato whipped up delicious vongole spaghetti, a salad and had white wine to go with them for dinner as we watched the movie hehe~
It reminded me of another Hong Kong movie earlier somehow. Anyway, the story build-up was good, but the ending fell flat somehow. I wanted to know what happened to Chef Paul after that and more interaction between Aoy and him… but it just ended there.

Rating: 3.25/5

12/5/23 Fri: MCP division had our hi-tea gathering at Park Royal Collection Pickering’s Lime restaurant this afternoon. We tried their "Tiers of Joy" hi-tea set that came with unlimited TWG teas ($88 per set). 

I liked the parma ham crostini with hummus and green olive, white aspagarus and morrel mushroom tartelette. The open face salmon sandwich with tarragon lime cream and mini boston lobster brioche was not bad. I did not eat all the sweet treats... only enjoyed the vanilla tart with yuzu namelaka because the sourness from the lime helped to balance the taste.

Chris opened her bottle of Ruinart Blanc De Blancs NV 750ml for all. We also celebrated Ellie's birthday there.

Comments