Blood test @ NTFGH + visit to Clare’s + Jess’s belated 34th bday @ HaveFun KTV & Blue Label Pizza & Wine + blood test results + mum’s early bday zichar dinner

6/2/23 Mon: There were six students in the Pilates reformer class this morning and two of them were already instructors lol~ me and two other classmates thought the overall workout felt more tiring haha!

Cooked my favourite Taiwan ramen with bok choy, carrot, red onion, cabbage and taupok dumpling, soy beansprout and brown lentil for dinner~ a simply but comforting一锅煮as usual!

7/2/23 Tues: A rather busy day in office. Mike treated me to lunch. We had xo fish meat bee hoon for lunch at香港珍达记and he enjoyed it haha. We talked about work and also about my possible holiday trip to Mauritius this June. *Wherever and whatever the future brings me, I only hope for the better.*

Yip took over aerial yoga class tonight and his classes were more cardio as usual. Did some poses I’ve done before but he doesn’t go as slowly as Diana.

8/2/23 Weds: Went for my blood test at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital this morning. The nurse who was supposed to take the blood for me looked in her 60s, and the way she attended to me didn’t give me confidence in her “skills”, and true enough, after she poked the needle into my right arm, she had to call another young Chinese nurse for help because the blood was flowing out way too slowly.

The two tried to figure out while the needle was still under my skin, but the Chinese nurse soon decided to change to my left arm instead. She taught me to hold my arms out straight so it doesn’t squeeze the veins as they draw the blood. *If I didn’t remember wrongly, most of the nurses would tell us that before they poke the needle in but that older auntie didn’t remind me to. Hopefully it’s not because she forgot that patients have to do that!* I was a bit concerned that it’d be because I was dehydrated or my blood was too sticky so it came out slowly, but after seeing that the blood flow from my left arm was normal, I highly suspect the older auntie poked the right capillary instead of vein... alamak.

Tried the unagi and salmon tartar onigiri ($4.70) as dinner before I went for yin and wheel yoga classes at night… not bad and the portion was good for before my exercises.

Posed nicely on the wheel with the Valentines’ Day prop in studio tonight!

9/2/23 Thurs: EQ was a little late for my womb and back treatment because she was attending to another customer. Did the usual for my womb massage but for the back, she used the负压仪on the whole back instead of just the usual neck and upper back. The whole session took 1.5 hours. *Went for tuition with Natasha but gosh it took more than 20 minutes before the mum opened the door for me! Need to teach Natasha to be more disciplined and responsible when it comes to classes.*

Potato and I ate dinner at the coffeeshop downstairs her place. My chicken bibimbap ($6.80) was okay and he had the fish soup set that he liked. We shopped a bit around NTUC after that and bought sushi for supper keke~ *maybe it was both the massage today and the Doms drink I had that night… I had a hard time falling asleep at night.*

10/2/23 Fri: Met Potato in the evening and we took the new TEL to Woodlands South station to visit Clare and her 11-month old son, Elijah at their new place. *He’s a smiley baby but he also has a lot of strength!* Darrell bought lok lok from Singapore Polytechnic and the fried broccoli was really quite nice, albeit a bit soggy.

YJ, Potato, Clare and I had a good time chit-chatting, and I was mostly listening to their stories in the past when they worked as freelance trainers.

11/2/23 Sat: *Was unhappy with Priya because she double-booked Natasha’s tuition slot this noon hmph.* I cooked an early lunch… tried the crab roe Taiwan ramen that we bought from NTUC recently but Potato suggested to add bok choy and shrimp paste in it~ tasted not bad overall but it’s not something I’d want to buy over and over again.

Headed to Chateraise at Ion to pick up the caramel pudding cake ($25) before walking over to Somerset 313’s HaveFun KTV. *Saw Fran and her production team filming along orchard road~* I think all three ladies were rather “high” because it’s been long since they sang KTV haha. We also shared the caramel pudding cake in the room~ two slices each and it’s gone! *The three-hour KTV session with three glasses of warm honey costed $120.80.*

Jess suggested that we had dinner at Blue Label Wine and Pizza at Mandarin Gallery. It was quite a cosy place. We ordered the half-sized Blue Label chicken wings ($14) with honey-garlic sriracha which was okay. The waiter recommended one red-based pizza: the Summer in San Sebastian ($39) that contained chorizo ragu, Hokkaido octopus, chili and aioli and another white-based pizza: the Black Magic that had green asparagus, black truffle cream, jamon iberico and Manchego ($42). Ahna and I preferred the latter while Jess and LL liked the former.

The funny thing was I actually forgot that I told the restaurant about Jess’s birthday when I made the booking… and so we were all surprised when one waiter walked over with a complimentary sorbet haha!

12/2/23 Sun: Rain delayed the races today but I came home to rosti, sausage and salad prepared by Potato for our dinner~ it was so shiok we wished there were more rosti keke.

13/2/23 Mon: Only Vanessa and I were in Chisa’s pilates reformer class this morning and the workouts were quite tough! I think we worked quite a bit on our core, so much so that my hips felt sore lol.

Stir-fried Chinese spinach, shimeiji mushroom and wolfberry in oyster sauce, and then potato slices and soy beansprout in mirin, light soy sauce, black pepper, sesame oil and paprika powder mix that Potato prepared. He also cooked sunny side-up to go along the rice for our meatless dinner~ not bad overall.

However, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I want to vomit. Quickly pressed my合谷穴for some time and it helped, albeit it took me a while to go back to sleep. *I suspect it’s the “more sour than usual” kimchi that I ate a bit during dinner that caused the reflux.*

14/2/23 Tues: Did a “drop” in aerial yoga class tonight and though it was only that 0.5 seconds, my heart still “skipped” a bit every time haha. Fun!

15/2/23 Weds: It’s been 15 weeks of taking Rosuvastatin (10mg) daily but I was still nervous about my cholesterol results as I saw Dr Yee this morning. I think my LDL results had “failed” ever since I started doing health checks from when I started work at STC.

For the first time in “history”, Dr Yee told me that my LDL-C level is now 1.8 mmol/L! It’s even defined as “optimal” level lol. I have normal blood cholesterol levels overall now, and LDL-C alone has fallen by nearly 70%! *Not much changes to my already okay HDL-C and Tryglyceride levels.* The creatinine kinase level went up to 202 U/L from the previous 71 U/L, but she said it was not a call for concern. *I will continue to monitor when I go see her in eight months’ time.* Sounded like everything’s good but unfortunately, I’d have to continue taking the medicine as my genetics results are not yet out, so they can’t ascertain that my LDL levels won’t rebound if I stop taking the statin… should it be due to genetics.

有点如释重负的感觉。I had Pho Street’s sliced chicken pho ($9) for lunch before heading back to Le Quest’s 7-11 to buy the Sakura ebi and grilled salmon onigiris ($4). Thoroughly enjoyed the break in the afternoon and read a bit, but later I found the Sakura ebi onigiri a bit too salty though.

Had a very good stretch at yin yoga and sound bath lesson that evening because my left lower back had been aching since the Pilates reformer class on Monday morning. Also tried new pose in wheel yoga class.

16/2/23 Thurs: *Oh how I hate work sometimes. Can’t they just let me be? Stop bothering me with unnecessary wants of yours.* My eyes lit up after seeing Potato’s homecooked dinner: prawn in egg and tomato sauce, soy beansprout with lady’s finger and carrot slices, and the yummy carrot, potato and onion soup!

17/2/23 Fri: After virtual Qigong and Piloxing classes today, I whipped up a simple one-pot cook meal for myself at dinner: scallop, dumpling, coral green lettuce, cherry tomato, onion and egg with bee hoon in tom yam soup. *I made a mess of the preparation area and kitchen floor while trying to separate the bee hoon, but still ended up cooking too much for one! Think I ate too much and the stomach was feeling unwell that night during sleep…* 

18/2/23 Sat: Came home to delicious vongole spaghetti cooked by Potato for dinner yay!

19/2/23 Sun: Followed a cooking recipe online to steam mid-wing joints with cordycep flowers in ginger slices, spring onion, sesame oil, salt, sugar, oyster sauce, tapioca starch and light soy sauce. We did it using the microwave oven, so the steaming took 30minutes for the wings to be fully cooked through but the taste turned out very nice! Potato also stir-fried chopped lady finger, carrot, shimeiji shroom and corn... so colourful and yummy. 

Bought the Valentines’ special pastry box from Wunderfolks ($32) that contained their strawberry choux puff, mixed berries tart, dark chocolate tart and mixed fruits tart for my in-laws after dinner on Sunday night. I personally enjoyed the dark chocolate and mixed fruits tarts as usual, but I liked their strawberry choux puff too, though MIL found that too sweet for her. Both of us didn’t quite like the mixed berries tart though because it was quite sour. *FIL not into sweets, so he did not eat.*

20/2/23 Mon: Only Denise and I attended Chisa’s reformer class this morning and some moves were tough for me haha. Bought the ingredients for our meatless army stew and Potato helped to chop them up. We had tomato, egg, tofu, bok choy, shimeiji shroom, enoki shroom, spring onion, leek and egg dumpling, carrot and maggie mee in the gochujang and chicken-stock based stew~

21/2/23 Tues: Tried Kimly Seafood ($91.60) for mum's early birthday dinner. I ordered the prawn paste chicken, assam curry fish head, spinach seafood soup, tofu and lotus with gingko nut, black fungus and beancurd skin etc... I personally liked the first three dishes more, though they were nothing wow.

Did simple flow tonight in aerial yoga.
Ian had late dinner at our place after so long~

Comments