Backdate: Japan Kyushu Dec 2022 Day 13

 

18/12/22 Sun: Woke up at 9am, had the bacon and shimeiji mushroom pasta from the convenience store the night before and even if I’m not a fan of bacon, shooms remain my favourite haha. Checked-out an hour later and we were surprised to see it snowing lightly when we got to the first floor! *Our car was covered in the overnight snow lor haha~*

We drove towards Minefuneyama Rakuen and the toll costed 1,120 yen. It was about an hour’s drive and that was also when I realised we forgot to take out my favourite strawberry milk from the Airbnb’s fridge, but hubby was nice to drive me to another Familymart to buy it hehe.

We parked at an empty space and walked up a slope, only to find that Minefuneyama Rakuen was not opened! I realised that though I did my research for the Kyushu trip, some attractions and eateries ended up still not opened in the end. *Potato would console me that we have to “go with the flow” at times… I agree.* Went back to the carpark where we saw a poor cat out in the cold on his own…

So, we drove for a while and stopped and stopped at Shoya Takeo, a fastfood chain for lunch. I ate crab roe rice and he had the unagi rice set (1,188 yen each), which were only so-so.

On our way over to Henn na Hotel at Huis Ten Bosch, we got lost for a bit before we finally found the theme park entrance. We were told that free parking for hotel guests was only available near the theme park and we had to get our luggage to hop onto the shuttle bus that would drive us to the respective hotels, and all five of them were either inside or nearby Huis Ten Bosch.

By the time we reached the futuristic-themed hotel, it was already 2.45pm. To our horror, the front counters have broken down and they were manually doing check-ins. *There was poor communication and instructions from the staff, and to make things worse, they barely spoke English.* Everyone rushed to those two available manual counters. We queued long for it only to find out it was for some health declaration form and not check-in hmph! I tried to do the e-check-in halfway but the scanners were not even turned on for us to scan our passports!

PotaTOHs only managed to check-in to our room (S$217.64 for two pax for one night) on the first floor of the G Tower at 4pm! The room was clean and decent and I liked the interior, but the check-in was a nightmare.

I bought the ‘After 5’ tickets on Klook (S$62.78 for two) so we entered the European-themed park at 5pm. There were beautiful decorations everywhere and we really wanted to try the VR rides, but it was a pity that we didn’t get to try the VR roller-coasters or rafting because all of them were fully reserved already.

We had dinner first at Sausage Wagg. I ate the chicken nanban burger (800yen), which was crispy chicken made with homemade nanban sauce and tartar sauce and it was good. Potato’s burger with Nagasaki Wagyu beef (900yen) were patties containing A5-ranked Nagasaki Wagyu beef and baked buns was nice too according to him. I didn’t expect decent Sasebo burgers in such places usually as I thought they were usually overpriced and average-tasting food.

Queued to try the Labyrinth mirror maze and after that, the flower fragrance exhibition impressed us! We could literally smell them along with the digital images. 
The sound effects in the ocean world exhibition was scary and I almost screamed haha.

Queue was long but we hopped onto the ferris wheel in 10mins or so! Very nice night scenery from above, but I’m still afraid of the heights.

Potato wanted to try the rifle shooting game. I chose a handgun instead. In the end, I don’t even know where I was aiming during the shooting because the staff did not teach me how to make use of the hole in the gun to aim la lol. Still, I got one 5 points and a few 4 points haha. Potato was good with his rifle… almost perfect score!

We took the scenic boat ride back to section A of the park. The waters were so clear that we could see fishes in them even at night.

We craved for oden after half a day at Huis Ten Bosch, so PotaTOHs drove out to the nearest 7-11 at 8.30pm to buy one and got one of everything (~S$10) available hehe~ so shiok having it as supper! I enjoyed the radish, konjac and egg the most.

Comments