Crafune Kimi phone bag workshop & dinner @ Daizu café with Alina + STC PA 2022 + LL’s bday dinner @ City Hot Pot + West Plains Welcome Party + virtual Kickboxing class + Farmily dinner @ Ka-Soh

18/6/22 Sat: Long race day but it always feel nice to be greeted by Potato’s homecooked meals! He cooked winter melon soup with egg and carrot in pork broth, chicken meat in teriyaki sauce and bok choy for us for dinner.

20/6/22 Mon: Chilly morning for a Pilates’ reformer workout!

Potato was slightly upset because he “felt cheated” by the “tiny” mussel meat bought for cheap price at Sheng Shiong after they “revealed” themselves upon steaming lol. The mussel and mushroom alio olio he cooked for us for lunch was still yummy, nevertheless.

*I know things can crop up at work, and I’m upset when I can’t write stories because I have already made plans for the day. But why? Not like people appreciates anyway.*

Met Alina for 3-hours of leather craft workshop at Crafune in the afternoon. We signed up to make a phone bag each and we even had similar taste in the colours la haha! Shirley and another guy took turn to teach us at every step of the way. Cutting leather was not easy because it gets pulled sometimes, but I still find sewing the hardest for me haha. *Not exactly a craft person since young.* It was also interesting to know about punching holes and making eyelets. Lots of “hammering” works in between too!

Overall, it was not difficult to do, and now we each have our own unique handphone bag! *But I wouldn’t have the patience to do a bag nor bi-fold wallet because the amount of sewing required is rather insane!*

We took a bus over to Daizu café and I tried their spicy sashimi don ($21) which was delicious, even better than Alina’s truff sashimi don ($25) haha. Their mentaiko fries were not bad. We chatted over relationship, work and kids, and her perspective on work is very positive and encouraging, though not necessarily or easily applicable to me.

21/6/22 Tues: Rain poured at Kranji and luckily, I saw Michael White at the canteen, only to find out his boss is away in Bali now!

Tried a new way of getting into the “lightning” pose in aerial class tonight and it was okay for me until the part where we have to remove one leg and slot our hand into the straps. Still, it’s a good stretch.

23/6/22 Thurs: Potato woke up early this morning to cook the marinated salmon cubes, potatoes, red onions, garlic and prepare the avocados for our home-cooked lunch this afternoon! *Mine was put into a bento box for me to bring to office to eat~ <3* Enjoyed my lunch as I listened to the talk on Gouts by HPB.

*Got my appraisal results and it’s a mixed feeling. Can’t say for sure how I feel but I know I need more from things. Never try, never know.*

Had pig organ soup ($5) after Poundfit with Fran… shiok.

24/6/22 Fri: I met LL, Jess and Ahna for LL’s birthday dinner at City Hot Pot at Jurong Point in the evening after Piloxing. *Jess and I bought some cakes from Chateraise before meeting the other two ladies as they queued outside the restaurant.* Good thing the queue moved fast and we were given our seats pretty soon.

Jess suggested going ala carte because both she and Ahna thought their sets were not value-for-money for the price. I think we ended up “over-ordering” lol because there were still some mushroom combos and meat that we could not finish in the end. Ahna and I had their fish maw soup base which I thought was nice overall, but as expected, it got saltier towards the end. Still, I think City Hot Pot’s more value-for-money than Haidilao and if I do want to have steamboat set for one person, I can consider eating here again.

Was listening mainly to Ahna and LL’s issues lately, mostly to do with health. Jess had a hairline fracture to her left ankle recently too and she probably sprained it during badminton. Then, we surprised LL with her cakes from Chateraise and chit-chatted till about 10+pm before leaving. *The generous Ahna bought us cups, soaps and fruit infuser bottles each!*

25/6/22 Sat: Potato joined fellow West Plains’ neighbours in a band and they performed at the West Plains Welcome Party in the afternoon. Potato was on the cajon and guitar for different songs and the overall performance was not bad! WS joined us halfway through the show, but we missed the lucky draw because we went to NTUC to get grocery for dinner tonight tsk.

Potato marinated pork belly and also seared the king oyster mushroom with butter, napa cabbage, carrot and mushroom~ nice! MIL came over at night after her “durian feast” and we chatted for a while.

26/6/22 Sun: Potato made creamy tomato and sour cream base sauce with shimeiji, mushroom, chicken and green capsicum to go with penne for dinner tonight! The taste was rich and I wouldn’t mind eating it once in a while!

27/6/22 Mon: Did some cardio tramp work in class with Chisa this morning and it had been so long since the last one with Patrick. *Dang it was noisy when our bed hit the metal frame though.*

I stir-fried lentil with mushroom and napa cabbage for dinner, and cooked a pot of sweet corn, carrot and shimeiji soup (chicken stock). But I forgot that I had to soak the beehoon in water before dumping it into the soup to cook because it soaked up all the soup in no time omg!

28/6/22 Tues: BCS colleagues changed my old LG analog tv to a digital one with 32" monitor... pretty huge on my desk!

Diana taught us to do the “big heart” pose sitting in the hammock tonight. It was one of the more relaxing poses considering that we were strapped up in the air haha. *My heart-shaped pose turned out pretty well!*

29/6/22 Weds: Potato had a long day in school today, so I thought I might as well cook dinner for us both since I’m on half day anyway. I did the tamago first (almost forgot to drop them in ice bath), then cooked the soba and prepared the soba sauce, and it was the miso soup with shimeiji and seaweed. Potato also taught me to pat dry the sutchi fish fillet, before I placed it on baking paper and added lemon slices, Italian herb, black pepper and spring onion to go along into the oven. *Over was pre-heated to 200 degrees Celsius, so I baked it for 15minutes and it’s done!*

Finally, I stir-fried bok choy with shimeiji and carrot slices. It’s always easier to just describe the dishes here but when I’m doing all of that at the same time, it’s just messier haha. I reckon dinner turned out quite well, though I still cannot get over the slight bitterness in the fish fillet. *Maybe we’ll skip the Italian herb next time.*

I watched the episode with “流星花园” as the theme on《萌探探探案》at night. Not the best “crime-solving episode” but damn Jerry Yan looked almost the same as he was as道明寺20 years ago! *The next episode looks nice too… shall catch it soon.*

30/6/22 Thurs: It was the last session of my Poundfit class and only four came for class lol. I’m not renewing for the new cycle next week mostly due to work and seeking for a change in my routine~

Potato cooked sweetcorn, carrot and potato soup for himself for dinner and he left some for me hehe!

1/7/22 Fri: Joined the virtual Kickboxing class from HPB for the first time. It was okay until the last part when she got the class doing burpees and squats… I hated that as always lol!

Ian came over to our area for his car maintenance, so we headed to Ka-Soh for dinner. We tried their signature sliced fish noodles soup, oatmeal pork, deep-fried seafood tofu, KL seafood hokkien mee and prawn paste chicken. 

Three of us agreed that the sliced fish noodles soup, oatmeal pork and seafood tofu were nice (I think the tofu is nice when it's hot haha), and I liked the hokkien mee too. Their prawn paste chicken, however, was only so-so. 

The ambience at Greenwood Avenue was great and there were quite a number of different cuisines around... definitely a good place to chill-out with buddies.

Back home and we chatted till midnight or so about Ian's recent life and our possible overseas trip together at the end of the year. *One praying mantis flew into our house at night and landed on Potato's "hairy leg" lol.*  

2/7/22 Sat: Long race day for me. Potato invited Ian over for his "homecook specialty" at night because he treated us to dinner yesterday. I loved the salmon miso chicken stock dish even more this time because he added red chilli to it~ da' kick! He also made a big bowl of penne with japanese cucumber, cherry tomato, red onion and mozzarella cheese drizzled with apple vinegar... light and refreshing so it went well with the soup!

*rRandom tThought: 没必要再忍了。工作总该拿到应得的。一定要试试看。*

Comments