“Death on the Nile” + K-Kardio + Zumba + dinner with YJ & Jess @ Un Yang Kor Dai + Myung Ga II, foot massage with LL & Jess & Parents’ day dinner + Poundfit with Fran + 《서른, 아홉》+Durian puffs for in-laws + “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” + Creatr café’s 1st year anniversary

3/5/22 Tues: PotaTOHs caught “Death on the Nile” after dinner at my parents’.

We both enjoyed the movie! *“Detective” Potato was busy figuring out motives and all as we watched while I “ga jiao-ed” him with questions lol.* Hercule Poirot figured out the murderers in the end, in front of all suspects. I thought that was similar to “Murder on the Orient Express”, but Potato enjoyed this film more.

Rating: 4/5

4/5/22 Weds: Decided to try out the K-Kardio workout by HPB. It was non-stop dancing and moving around in that one hour but I reckon dancing is not really my thing after all haha. I had a good sweat-out session but I doubt I would join such classes again.

Home-cooked dinner by Potato~ stir-fried chicken leg meat with rotini, mushroom and capsicum in tomato sauce!

5/5/22 Thurs: Joined Zumba on HPB because it fitted into my free time slot today. I tried Zumba long ago, but dancing is not my forte. I could not keep up with the salsa and mostly fluid moves so ended up dancing to my own style keke. *The male instructor is sexier than me when dancing la lol.* Nice cardio workout but I reckon shoes should be worn for such classes because there were speedy feet movements now and then. I think one can get use to the moves if they do it often, but as at now, Zumba is not for me.

6/5/22 Fri: YJ and I had drinks at Dopa Dopa Creamery while waiting for Jess to arrive for our dinner at Un Yang Kor Dai, a Michelin restaurant last year. Three of us had to wait for more than an hour before we got seats. We tried their deep-fried sea bass, clear tom yum soup with prawns, phad thai, salad, marinated pork neck and “morning glory”, which was our kang kong. I really liked their kang kong and salad. The bill came up to $130… not very expensive for a Michelin restaurant I guess.

Then, we had some dessert at Tsujiri. Leon came after busking and YJ accompanied him for late dinner cum supper. Jess and I headed back first but both of us were surprisingly thirsty! We thought the dishes at Un Yang Kor Dai must have a lot of MSG in them.

7/5/22 Sat: Met Jess and LL for lunch ($55) at Myung Ga II. Glad to know both Jess and LL enjoyed their jjambong and kimchi soup. I had the seafood刀削面. After that, we randomly thought of going for foot massage at a massage palour beside… $28 for 40 minutes a person. Been some time since I had a foot massage and the pain in some “reflex zones” were quite bad!

Then, Jess and I shared an Acai bowl at Moscano Enchanted café: The Secret Garden while LL drank hot chocolate. My first time eating Acai and I quite liked it except for the almond milk in there haha.  

I took away Mongolia pork rib, assam fish slices, minced meat and pickled vegetable with toufu and spinach with egg trio ($55) for dinner at my parents’ at night. They were all surprisingly good! Mum liked the strawberry watermelon cake from Cqua last year, and I thought to go for a cheaper alternative for our Parents’ Day celebration this year from Sugar Thieves ($47 with delivery), and though it was not bad, especially with the rose essence, all of us thought it paled in comparison to Cqua’s.

8/5/22 Sun: Met some of the Chinese media friends at work today. Potato cooked old cucumber pork rib soup and stir-fried celery, scallop, carrot and mushroom for dinner tonight. The old cucumber could have been left in there for a longer period of time to soften further though.

9/5/22 Mon: Enjoyed my Pilates reformer class with Chisa in the morning. I forgot and bought an extra packet of rice for Potato when he already said that he had online presentation and would get his own lunch. The extra rice became part of our meatless dinner. I stir-fried Chinese spinach with lentil and enoki, and also took out all the baby kailan I planted to eat hehe! Stir-fried that with egg and onion… but the bitterness of kailan is still overwhelming for me as usual, so we did not finish it.

10/5/22 Tues: Had mangosteen after dinner at my parents’. It’s been a long time since I ate one and it remains one of my favourite fruit of all time.

We worked our arms quite a bit in the aerial flow and poses tonight. I loved some of the photos because I looked confident and elegant in them haha.

Sometimes, work just tire me out so much that I felt unmotivated to go for exercise classes late at night. Yet, every session passed made me realise I do not regret going for them because they helped me de-stressed in some ways.

11/5/22 Weds: *I thought the guilty conscience in me would linger for longer if I did not do the interview with Ricardo about his two Kranji Mile runners. Phew it’s done.*

Potato whipped up yummy clams with alio olio for dinner before he left for his jamming session at his friend’s studio in Khatib. The budding musicians trial-ran their stream live on Twitch so I watched a bit too.

12/5/22 Thurs: Had fried fish slice bee hoon soup ($7) with YJ at a coffee shop in Marsiling. I had it once before a long time ago and it tasted not bad. We were ranting about each other’s work and I do admire her for wanting to learn and put herself in new environment, because I find that I lack the motivation most of the time.

Attended my first Poundfit class in two years with Fran in the evening in the bigger studio next to the one I went to last time at Jurong East Swimming Complex. Yvonne spent half the time teaching the basics because more than half of the class were filled with new participants.

Definitely felt my thighs during the workout and Fran’s face was as red as she looked when she drank alcohol lol!

13/5/22 Fri: virtual Piloxing workout with Carolyn tonight was rather challenging with my already aching thighs haha… but I pushed through!

Potato baked smoked duck breast meat to go with cold soba for lunch today! For dinner, I ordered sashimi dons from Kei Kaisendon on Grabfood ($29.90) because my $10 voucher is expiring soon.

14/5/22 Sat: Came home to Oyako-don for dinner cooked by Potato hehe~ Very heartwarming meal as usual for it’s a long day of work on race days for me. *On average, I only end work at 10pm haiz.*

Finished watching서른, 아홉(39) one of these days.

Cannot really compare it to《三十而已》because the latter was way more intriguing. The only part that I liked about this drama is where one ponders about life when you know that your best friend is going to die before 40 years old. It’s very hard to even think about that.

I liked the trio’s friendship in this sense.

Rating: 3/5

15/5/22 Sun: Bought 2 boxes of 6 durian puffs from Emicakes on Shopee and we collected it from the Bukit Batok branch before heading over to my in-laws. We all enjoyed it because it was not too sweet and the fillings were thick.

16/5/22 Mon: Had a good Pilates workout in the morning. *A mess when it came to the press release regarding jockey Bernardo Pinheiro’s ride on Kranji Mile day. Tsk.* I followed a recipe online to cook enoki and shimeiji mushroom with garlic rice for dinner! The taste was a bit too “garlic-y” for me though haha.

17/5/22 Tues: Had a rather long interview with Pinheiro at the trials. He’s tall for a jockey and very chatty. *The idea of a Press Release gives me headache. The amount of approval and work needed to go into one is too much now.*   

Busy day at work today and I had some difficulty achieving the aerial pose tonight too. My big toe almost cramped twice while trying to cross my legs in the straps.

18/5/22 Weds: James, PY, Fran, Potato and I caught “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” at JEM tonight after dinner at Kopitiam.

I enjoyed the effects a lot in the multiverse, though I do not know the Marvel storylines that well altogether.

Rating: 4.5/5

19/5/22 Thurs: Lots to complain to LL about when we had lunch at Pho Street lol. It was a slightly longer session at my second Poundfit class with Fran and it was quite fun I’d say.

20/5/22 Fri: PotaTOHs attended Creatr’s first anniversary opening in the afternoon. Chatted for a bit with Leon while we enjoyed their buffet cooked by them. *I liked their laksa crostini a lot.* Did our part for charity and took a polaroid with Leon before we left.

Sweated out at the virtual Piloxing class at night. Also, my free subscription to Balance app has come to an end sadly, so I switched to using Smiling Mind, another free meditation app. I must have been so used to the female instructor’s soothing voice in Balance that I’m still not comfortable with the new voices in Smiling Mind. The way the modules are arranged is different too. *I shall try a few more free apps and ultimately pay for Balance if I prefer them over others.*

Potato cooked chicken soup with淮山and虫草花soup which is good for the kidneys!

21/5/22 Sat: It’s been a long while since Kranji’s first feature race of the season. Now that Mike has left, I’m working alone permanently on race days, albeit with some help from Larry. I have always knew that it could get busier on such days, and that I’d have to work into the night or the next day. It gets rather stressful. *Taking over someone else’s job aint no feat. I have to fight for my rights.*

On a brighter note, I always have yummy dinner to look forward to. Potato whipped up enoki and kimchi in bacon roll and cabbage, carrot and mushroom don for us.

22/5/22 Sun: It was random but Potato thought of doing gimbap for dinner. He stir-fried the pork belly slices in bulgogi sauce, did tamago egg and then we began to wrap everything using the seaweed. *It was fun learning to slice them up nicely!* They were not aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, but definitely comfort for our tummies.

23/5/22 Mon: Chisa let us worked with the wooden pole in reformer class this morning. I always enjoyed using this equipment because it is so much more balance challenge than just core work.

For meatless dinner tonight, I bought chives and egg dumpling and cooked them in a pot with carrot, enoki, red date and napa cabbage.

24/5/22 Tues: I thought it’d be an easy week after the busy Kranji Mile meeting, but I had to draft up a Press Release after receiving an email by Dennis. I do enjoy the new challenges at work after Mike left, but at times, I think I give myself a lot of pressure to want to keep up to Mike’s high standards. Was talking to YJ over lunch and it dawned on me that I had been timid and too nice in my years of work. One gives their all hoping that the Club could see and reward, but the recognition was simply not there these past nine years. I’m starting to see things in a new light, and that one must fight for what is rightfully ours to begin with. If there’s no incentive and trust, why should I work my butt off? *我不是斤斤计较的人,但世界的确现实。公司没有任何职员照样营业,我是不是把我的责任看得太重了一点?总要做最后的争取,但认真点想,要是我一点分量都没有,那东家不打打西家,因为地球照样转。*

Yip replaced Diana for aerial class tonight. As usual, his class was more of cardio work, but it was a good workout too. He paired us up for one pose but because I misplaced my arms, it got a bit painful trying to hold Annie up. We also did the “Bird of Paradise” pose, which I could not bend as much because my lower back aches.

25/5/22 Weds: Potato used up the rest of the pork belly and cooked them in bulgogi sauce with onion and mushroom to go with cold soba for lunch today. Yums~

Comments