名堂烤全鱼with XY + Plantopia with WL & WS + Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve with YJ & dinner with Jess + “The World’s Most Amazing Vacation Rentals” + lunch with Jess @ Whisk & Paddle café + MIL’s birthday dinner + lipid & glucose blood test results & PotaTOHs’ 3rd wedding anniversary lunch @ Takeshi-San

28/10/21 Thurs: *Triston gave me a thermal bottle as birthday gift!* Met XY and we headed down to名堂烤全鱼for grilled fish dinner. She recommended the mango grilled fish and we chose mild spiciness for the soup. We added油麦菜、宽条、平菇、冻豆腐and炸馒头as sides. *Had four free sides and a free honey yuzu drink thanks to sharing of stories on WeChat!* The fried mantous were good and went really well with their condensed milk. I ordered a cold dish:酸辣海蜇and the sauce was yummy… reminded me of凉皮somewhat.

We did not have rice and still could not finish that fish by ourselves. The soup was surprisingly not jelak even towards the end. I enjoyed the birthday treat from XY!

29/10/21 Fri: Potato and I dabao-ed dinner for WL and WS who came over to eat with us. We had a game of “Unstable Unicorns” and “Plantopia”… man the latter was a bit complicated because it’s our first time playing it.

30/10/21 Sat: PotaTOHs drove out to Bukit Timah to have亚华肉骨茶for dinner. The salted vegetable was good, but the bah kut teh itself was too peppery for both of us. The intestine was only so-so too.

31/10/21 Sun: PotaTOHs headed to MM & Andre’s to visit our nephew Luke! He’s still not accustomed to being around people other than his parents, so he cried a lot haha. They also cooked bacon pasta for us for dinner!

1/11/21 Mon: Booked an appointment at Bukit Batok Polyclinic at 11am but I only got to see the doctor about one hour and 15 minutes later! *I merely needed the consultation to do a blood test to check on my cholesterol levels.*

I cooked a simple dinner for the 3 of us, with bok choy, sausage and fried chicken. Wanted to use beansprouts and potatoes to go with the bok choy but the former was too dry by now and the latter has sprouted tsk.

2/11/21 Tues: Had yummy chicken feet in peanut soup at mum’s before I went for aerial yoga. Diana asked us to wear sleeved top tonight and indeed there were moves involving us suspending ourselves mid-air using the armpits haha. I reckon it’s not hard to twist up and hang there, but as it was our first try at this flow, the pose didn’t came out as nice as I’d imagine. *Still, a good effort and I enjoyed sweating for this!*

3/11/21 Weds: I was lazy to go out to buy dinner, so PotaTOHs had simple soba, smoked duck breast meat, edamame and egg for dinner after my Nirvana Fitness class.

4/11/21 Thurs: Met YJ at Kranji to take 925M to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve. It’s such a pity that about 2/3 of the place is under construction till March 2022! We only had that small area to walk and we were done in less than an hour haha.

Back home and the guys queued for very long to buy the Thai-style kway chup from Blk 150 for lunch! We reckon the taste was quite good and it was filling somehow.

Jess came over in the afternoon for a catch-up with YJ. Ian came home after viewing some condo units and we talked for a bit and YJ had to leave. Jess played “Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes” with Potato and me. 4 of us drove out to Bukit Timah Food Centre for dinner at night… a pity the stall selling prawn crackers was already closing. *Had a good dinner and some laughter at night!*

8/11/21 Mon: Stir-fried lady’s fingers with chilli padi, chicken fillet and leg meat marinated in hoisin sauce, mirin, sesame oil and white pepper and also cooked a pot of sweet corn soup with pork bone, carrot, red onion, red date and wolfberry for our dinner!

9/11/21 Tues: Took a fasting blood test this morning. It’s the first time I come across a nurse that probably could not make out the vein on my left hand clearly and so she stuck the needle into my arm, then I watched her tried to pull and push it further inwards another three or four times because she cannot seem to get the blood to flow out… omg it was painful whenever she pushed it in.

PotaTOHs cut our hair together! My "bob" hairstyle was not as much as I wanted, but I reckon the length still suits me well.

Had plump yummy prawns, chicken soup and fried fish at mum’s before I attended aerial yoga. The move tonight only took a bit of getting used to, and so here we go~


Finished watching two seasons of “The World’s Most Amazing Vacation Rentals”.

They have got some amazing stays in the show, but also eccentric ones. Makes one wants to go travelling again.

Rating: 3.5/5

11/11/21 Thurs: Had lunch with Jess at Whisk and Paddle café at Gombak. I have seen long queues twice previously when I went there, so we were so happy that there was literally no queue this afternoon. I ordered the vongole linguine ($18.80), Jess had the French onion chicken leg ($28.80) and Iced passionfruit lime lychee tea ($7.50), and we shared their hot wings ($13.80). The linguine was a bit too firm, though they gave a generous amount of vongole. However, we both agreed that the hot wings were good. Nice catch-up!

Tried Oxigeno organised by HPB for the first time on Zoom this evening. It is apparently a combination of Piltates, yoga and functional training. We did “Hundreds” in class and it always “kills” me arghhh~

13/11/21 Sat: Impromptu drive-out to Yew Tee Kopitiam for my spicy Korean Chicken soup for dinner because it has been months since I had it! Potato had their chicken bibimbap which was good like before.

14/11/21 Sun: Potato cooked kimchi泡饭for dinner tonight! He prepared the ingredients, and first fried the shallots and spring onions to bring out the aromatics, then in went the boneless chicken leg meat. After that, he poured in the kimchi and water, carrots, shimeiji mushrooms, some sesame oil and salt. Abalone slices, enoki mushrooms and snowcrab meat were added too. *Always ready for home-cooked meals!*

15/11/21 Mon: Finally managed to get a slot in Chisa’s reformer class after three weeks phew~ May and one other instructor joined me and the other regular guy this time… I guess they were here to“偷师”and see why is Chisa’s class so popular? Haha. Good workouts as usual and we really worked the whole body.

PotaTOHs went over to my in-laws for dinner because it is MIL’s birthday tonight! We bought food from the莆田eatery at Khatib and also peace and Japanese pear cakes from Chateraise. My in-laws also added curry fish head! We had a hearty meal together~

16/11/21 Tues: *Normal blood pressure reading: 113/77.* Waited for an hour to see the doctor to get my blood test results. Honestly, after six months of having oats, hemp powder and fruits for breakfast, I did not expect the LDL level to remain more or less the same as in March! HDL and triglyceride levels remained at optimal levels, so I requested for referral to test for FH. *Praying hard it’s not FH because that’s hard to manage and seemingly only medication can help lower the LDL then.* Going through my results over the years, there were twice the LDL dipped, but I cannot figure why because I don’t think I did it on purpose to cut down on specific food in my diet then. *But I doubt LDL levels can lower by itself without drastic diet changes and medication in FH cases.*

PotaTOHs had a good lunch at Takeshi-San to celebrate our third year of marriage (leather anniversary) and sixth year of dating this afternoon! We tried their 1-for-1 deal of “stairs sushi” for $29.90 and ordered unagi don and salmon avocado rolls. Food was average, but company always matters the most! Happy 3rd marriage anniversary, PotaTOHs!

Also got him a new leather wallet from The Wallet Shop because the current one has the outer layer torn and it’d been in use for five years already. Me? I wore the Caval sneakers out! They are made of gold-rated leathers which are eco-friendly, and I liked the unique design.

*Had dinner at my parent’s and I told her to avoid fried food at all costs when we go over in future haha! I’m blessed to have supportive family members and a loving husband!*

17/11/21 Weds: My loving Potato decided to cook a meat-less lunch for us today! He stir-fried carrots with spinach, scrambled eggs with shimeiji mushrooms and cut chilli on tofu with soy sauce. I don’t think it will be an issue for me to do something like “Meatless Mondays” on a weekly basis but for someone who loves meat like him, I am very thankful that he is willing to “sacrifice” the meats and eat with me! *Meanwhile, let me figure out what I drink or did that led to my LDL dropped significantly to 4.68 mmol/L back in March 2016…*

After Nirvana Fitness, I had dinner cooked by Potato again! I really enjoyed the chicken leg meat marinated in tom yam sauce with korean bean sprouts and enoki mushroom!

Comments