Southern Ridges hike & Gram café with Amelia + my 33rd birthday celebrations + 933金枕头lunch @ WL & WS’s

13/10/21 Weds: Second round of Nirvana Fitness but nope, I still cannot hold my breath for 60 seconds at the end of it lol. *I’m not going to rush myself for this.*

PotaTOHs cooked bibimbap for dinner woohoo! We had marinated chicken thigh meat, Chinese spinach, carrot, mushroom, onion, cherry tomato, ham, soy bean sprout and sunny side-up as the “side dishes”. I realised lots of sesame oil and seed were used too. Added honey and light soy sauce to the gochujang mixture and it turned out great. *I really enjoyed the dinner, so much so I thought we did it better than the stall at Koufu lol!*

14/10/21 Thurs: Took some time to look into the summary of existing policies I have and it’s always a headache when it comes to my financial planning lol.

Potato bought pig organ soup for us for dinner, and he cooked rice and baked smoked duck meat, cherry tomato and green coral lettuce. The latter tasted awesome when soaked in the soup.

15/10/21 Fri: Cooked herbal soup滋阴补肺汤(replenish blood and strengthen lungs) for dinner at night. Boiled and simmered the soup for over 4 hours! Ingredients included玉竹、地黄、党参、枸杞、麦冬和茯苓. I threw in the whole chicken and虫草花as well.

17/10/21 Sun: Dinner with Potato! I drizzled sesame oil over the soya bean sprouts to go along with the marinated drumsticks and soup!

18/10/21 Mon: Impromptu hike with Amelia at Southern Ridges. We met near Alexandra Arch and started walking towards Telok Blangah Hill, Henderson Waves, Mount Faber Park and Marang Trail at Harbourfront. The weather was not bad, and Amelia was video-calling her coding bootcamp mates 2/3 of the way lol. *She learnt a new set of skills and seems ready to plunge into the coding industry, and dreams of working remotely from some seaside place in Thailand. I’m happy and somewhat envious of her too… I mean at the age of 25, single and no commitments right? Come on!*

There were not many people on a Monday, so it was nice. Very happy that the Marang Trail is opened this time round too! We had lunch at Seah Im food centre and I’m quite happy with my cheap $3 duck noodle. *A pity they did not sell the yummy curry puffs on Monday~*  We went into the Time Zone arcade and wow there are quite a number of VR games there. *Makes me just want to splurge and have fun for a day and nothing else lol.* Accompanied Amelia to By Invite Only as she wanted to get a pair of studs. We also had tiramisu pancakes ($15.90) at Gram Café and Pancakes. It’s one of the worst tiramisu pancakes I’ve had. I did not even want to finish it. *The upside is always the friend's company!*

PotaTOHS baked sutchi fish fillet with black pepper, salt and butter for dinner. I stir-fried the bok choy with mushroom and carrot. We also air-fried some hash brown.

Received a bottle of Botanica reed diffuser (Fleur Diffuser Citrus) from YB as my 33rd birthday present! It’s said to last for 1.5 to 3 months, and there are a variety of scents in it, divided into top, middle and base three layers. The top layer consists of citrus, lime and bergamot, middle layer has bay dingxiang and basil thyme, and the base is made up of amber wood, fragrant grass roots and patchouli. It has a sweet and welcoming citrusy smell, so I thought to leave it by the TV in our living room!

19/10/21 Tues: WL and WS dropped by to have lunch at my house. *WS got us a pack of chocolate from Croatia!* I also received my Hyuuga nebuliser diffuser, santiser spray and essential oil blands which I bought for myself for my 33rd birthday hehe~

Mum bought zichar dishes for my birthday dinner at night. There were har cheong gai, fried beancurd, fish slices stir-fried with ginger and onion and her home-cooked四川菜汤! *Dad the birthday boy was also the one who treated us to dinner~ thanks!* Went for my aerial yoga class as usual and though the moves tonight were not difficult, they were rather repetitive so I did not manage to do it that gracefully either haha.

20/10/21 Weds: *Always a headache when it comes to updating my job resume and information~*

Did Nirvana Fitness and besides the breathing part which I found difficult to follow through at times, the moves were alright for me most of the time. Still, I always sweat a lot after the entire workout.

I marinated the chicken meat with honey, light soy sauce, cooking wine and white pepper. Stir-fried napa cabbage and mixed the two into one plate. Also pan-fried gyoza and cooked cold soba, in which the texture turned out just nice tonight!

21/10/21 Thurs: *Ian bought “Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going” for me! Yay to new reads!* It’s the first birthday in my life that I have gotten so many cake deliveries from my brother and friends! PH first sent me four slices of cakes and a latte from Starbucks.

Next, I received the Halloween set of sesame cakes and oreo drinks from Coffee bean that bro sent (he was very sweet to ask the delivery guy to say “Happy birthday” to me LOL!).

Then, Ben sent me five pretty-looking tarts from LUNA, in which I thought only the earl grey wild strawberry-flavoured one got better as I ate more. None of the others among the sesame, matcha, orh nee and Hojicha were outstanding.

I got two tubs of earl grey lavender and roasted pistachio ice-cream from Creamier that Ahna sent as well. Glad I could keep them and eat as and when I want!

While I was out, Potato told me XY sent me a slice of orange chocolate cake and ice chocolate from Coffee Bean too!

By the time I da bao-ed dinner home, he said SS and Michelle delivered truffle fries and tandoori drumsticks from Potato Lab from Jem!

WL came over to take eggs from us and he and WS gave me a DIY Owl cardboard kit set too~ yes I love DIYs!

*XY wanted to deliver food over too but I told her we better meet for dinner outside next week instead haha!*

22/10/21 Fri: Attended Pilates with Jean this morning and James delivered earl grey, butter and double chocolate sea salt cookies from Sophie’s I Love Fluffy Bakes shop to my place!

Also received a slab of tiramisu cake from Jess from L’Atelier TiramiSu this afternoon, which looked very beautifully done up!

Done up the DIY owl WL and WS gave me in 15 minutes or so haha.

24/10/21 Sun: PotaTOHs went over to WL and WS’s for lunch! They treated us to 933金枕头aka curry chicken bun. We also played two rounds of Unstable Unicorns… quite fun.

Ian and PotaTOHS drove out to get our dinner from Pho Street, Don Don Donki and to claim free drinks from Mr Coconut. We had sashimi as my mini birthday celebration! Enjoyed it!

25/10/21 Mon: Worked with the wooden pole in Pilates class with Chisa. I always enjoy her class, though it meant I had to push myself many times throughout. LL came over to Le Quest during lunch and she treated me to mhk at Lee Popo’s.

I cooked napa cabbage, carrot and pork in soup and also baked sutchi fillet in salt , black pepper, lemon and butter with Potato’s help. It was a simple dinner for us two, and because he would be busy the next few weeks, I try to at least cook for them on the days I am off!

*rRandom aAdulting: It's World Mental Health Day on October 10. We have our own sources of stress. It's always better to be able to be prepared for them and face it head-on, never avoid. I tell myself that as long as they are difficulties that we can work towards resolving, then it should not be an insurmountable level of stress on us mentally. Ultimately, our mental health-being can affect the physical side too.*  

Comments