Andes by Aston & Gone Rouge brewery with Farmily +《全明星运动会2》+ Cuppafield Café with Potato + James’s 33rd bday steamboat with Farmily + Izakaya Hikari with Jess + The Blind Side + WZ & Vera’s birthday celebration + 《펜트하우스 3》 + Yours Skincare

26/8/21 Thurs: PotaTOHs cooked celery, carrot, mushroom and napa cabbage, and also teriyaki salmon for dinner. We had extra fried chicken cutlets and pickled vegetables thanks to leftovers from my mum’s. Felt like I haven’t had home-cooked meals in a while because we’d been driving out to takeaway lunch or dinner, so that was yummy for me!

27/8/21 Fri: Ian was so excited he could finally dine out today haha. I ended my Pilates Back-care class and as always, we tried hard in class and my legs were shaking by the end… but it’s always awesome to feel “reborn” after that lol.

We had lunch at Andes by Aston at IMM. I ate the grilled fish with herbs and spices, with potato salad and butter corn~ yup it was pretty shiok to dine out after all haha!

Finished work and PotaTOHs joined Ian at Gone Rogue Brewery for some drinks and dinner because TGIF! It was full house! We tried their Hawaiian pizza, bacon and cheese pizza, kimchi wings and seaweed truffle fries. The pizzas were nice, bacon and cheese was surprisingly not too much for me, but I guess the green peppers did balanced the pizza with spiciness. Kimchi wings was a disappointment though… sparse kimchi on top of fried wings erm.

James joined us later for drinks too. The guys had beer, gin and tonic, as well as whiskey. I finished one pint of beer myself, which is already a feat in itself for someone who doesn’t drink. Ian befriended the boss, Steven, since his first visit, so he was there to talk to us now and then. *Got home at 2am~ sleepy.*


28/8/21 Sat: PY cycled from Bedok to our place… nearly 40km! She had lunch and did some work here. We watched a documentary movie “The Octopus Teacher” on Netflix in the afternoon. Potato made us lor bah and stir-fried Chinese spinach, napa cabbage, carrots and mushrooms. Ironically, we had a bowl of green curry to go with during dinner because Ian was so hungry he’d ordered that as “late lunch” haha.

Francine baked orange cake for PY and brought it over at night… not bad I thought! The family then watched “Bohemian Rhapsody” featuring the life of Freddie Mercury and the legendary band Queen. We also watched “Bird Box”, a suspense thriller with an open ending which most would have felt disappointing with. *”Love of my Life” is an English song I like a lot.*

29/8/21 Sun: Bought the fried buns, chilli crab sauce and rose oolong ice-cream from Mantou Daha via our estate’s Group Buy. We thought the sauce was a tad too salty and there were not as much crab meat. I found the buns alright, but the pairing of rose oolong ice-cream with the buns were better than dipping them in the chilli crab sauce. *I like their rose oolong ice-cream!*

We had lor bah from yesterday and extra chilli crab sauce we have left for dinner. Potato cooked celery, napa cabbage and carrot in chicken stock, as well as air-fried marinated (paprika, garlic and soy sauce) chicken wings too~ happy meal!

30/8/21 Mon: Potato marinated the seabass fillet in mirin and miso sauce for dinner… slightly salty but still good. We also had Chinese spinach and celery with mushrooms as a dish. *A pity the COVID-19 restrictions would not allow for more than 5 unique visitors into a household for a day, otherwise we could have most probably featured our place in some film!*

2/9/21 Thurs: I helped Potato as he cooked a few dishes for us. We stir-fried the potatoes with salt and pepper, then the shrooms in salted butter, and added them into the eggs mixture to do a final round of cooking! Not bad an idea by Potato after watching Masa’s. Also, I enjoyed the butter clams mixed veggie rice even more this time cos it was not as “buttery”. Celery, carrots and scallops as a side was good too. Melvin, Potato’s classmate cum our neighbour came over for lunch with some fried food too.

Decided to cook cold chicken udon with chilli sauce again, with bok choy as a side dish. Did it almost all by myself except till the end when Potato helped me with the udon and cutting up of the chicken meat. I reckon it was either that the water used to boil the chicken was not enough or I did not open up the leg meat thoroughly in the baking paper, so some parts were not cooked well, ended up Potato had to help me quickly cooked it in the pan prior to serving. *Overall a bit salty for me but still pretty satisfying, especially with the crunchy nuts in there!*

Finished watching 《全明星运动会2》!

My eyes were on林敬伦almost the whole time because he’s good in almost all of the sports events! Well, the second season was disrupted by COVID-19 and scandal, and overall, I’d still prefer the first.

Rating: 3.5/5

3/9/21 Fri: Washed my clothes and vacuumed the floor on Fridays as usual. Marinated the chicken wings with the teriyaki sauce (mirin, soy sauce and chicken) to air-fry, steamed some xiao long baos and also stir-fried bok choy with mushrooms for dinner. I always find it awkward to see myself doing the prep work in the kitchen and though it was a little messy here and there tonight, I still managed to have dinner done before Potato reached home after class! *felt a little bit proud of myself hehe~*

He brought me out to Cuppafield café for matcha latte and chocolate durian fudge at night… probably to reward me for my “hard work” lol. *Oh no, he’d “bua” the bottom left of the front bumper when making a U-turn and left some superficial scratches.* We initially wanted to go to Whisk and Paddle, but by the time we got to their carpark, there was already a long line of queue outside the café!

4/9/21 Sat: Potato and Ian headed out to get the passionfruit meringue cake for James’ birthday from the Patissier after lunch, and then they drove Fran over together with the steamboat ingredients she’d bought from the wet market. Then, they went out to Don Don Donki to get meat and more stuff for Farmily’s dinner at night.

6/9/21 Mon: Had Pilates freestyle reformer with Chisa but I don’t know what’s wrong with my back the past few days because I’d felt some pain there when I wake up. *Couldn’t endure a lot of moves that required core and back strength. And damn, my left calf hurts now.*  Ian came over to fetch me and we dabao-ed duck rice for the three of us from Bukit Timah food centre.

Met XY and SS for dinner at丰盛号at Westgate for early dinner. We tried their peanut toast, spicy chicken toast and black milk tea.

7/9/21 Tues: Collected dad’s NRIC on his behalf and bought myself a new wallet after a few years, I guess? It’s the last remaining black Holly long wallet ($119.20) from Tocco Toscano at Tangs that I’d been eyeing since last year or the year before. Though I heard that their leather did not last as long, but the texture and design felt like my old blue Guy Laroche wallet that lasted me for years! *The auntie told me Guy Laroche went bankrupt and hence stopped selling their wallets long ago… a pity.* I have come to the stage in life where I want my wallets to last for as long as possible, so I don’t mind spending a little bit more for that one wallet. *Auntie said I could use shoe polish for the wallet too, and never to wipe it with wet cloth.*

Focused on hip key moves in aerial class and at one point when I fold forward on the strap, I saw the floor and thought: “whoa, so high up~” lol.

8/9/21 Weds: Potato stir-fried the leftover pork collar meat we bought from Don Don Donki last Saturday for lunch!

9/9/21 Thurs: Very happy to have hot soba for dinner, cooked by hubby! He added in shimeiji shrooms, crabsticks, bok choy, egg, fish roe fish balls and shrimp paste in the soup cooked with anchovies.

10/9/21 Fri: Met up with Jess over dinner at Izakaya Hikari while the two boys went out for fancy Italian dinner at OSO with their Poly lecturer. She has been pretty busy with work, so it’s been a while since we really sat down and talked. Really glad to have her company tonight, otherwise I could be bored at home by myself haha.

It was her first taste of raw squid too haha~ and she could accept it haha. I had unagi don while she ordered the salmon mentaiko don. Thought the oden, chuka wakame and fried stringray fins were not bad.

I was home by 11+pm. Potato and Ian only got back at 12+am. Chit-chatted till 2+am~ omg.

11/9/21 Sat: The trio went to Westgate because Potato craved for Tendon for dinner. We ate at Tokyo Shokudo and I tried their chicken chashu yuzu ramen… quite refreshing and just because I love yuzu, I’m slightly biased towards it. However, the portion was not exactly filling.

Ian recommended “The Blind Side” and I enjoyed the show!

Heart-warming true story based on an American Football offensive lineman Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron), of how this Black boy was adopted by a White couple, Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy and went on to play in the NFL.

I loved the cute interactions between Oher and his younger adoptive brother Sean Tuohy (Jae Head)!

Rating: 4/5

12/9/21 Sun: Potato and I dabao-ed pratas and sardine murtabak from Enaq Prata at Jurong East, recommended by Joshua. We all agreed it was good and very filling.

Vacuumed the house before PotaTOHs left for Wunderfolks to pick up the whole duo fruit and chocolate tarts ($45) for WZ’s 33rd and Vera’s 1st birthday! Took us two bus rides and about 15 minutes of walk to their new store at Joo Chiat, and we had to endure the heat for about another 10 minutes or so to take a bus over to Joel and WZ’s.

Had been long since I last saw WZ’s cousin, QY too. She’s still as straightforward and cute as ever. Had some fried finger food and then pizza for dinner. We took quite a number of photos together to celebrate the mum and daughter’s birthday too! *Thanks for coming over to pick us up Ian!* 

Bought Royce champagne chocolate for our new neighbours Boyd, Angela and their son, and in return, they got us tarts and lao po bing from Tai Cheong~

13/9/21 Mon: Could feel my shoulders burning after some rather intense workouts using the maple pole during Reformer with Chisa.

I cooked some simple dishes for dinner at night!

Finally finished watching펜트하우스 3!

It’s quite a “torture”, really. I mean, no regret since I chose to chase this into Season 3. I’d thought Season 2 was quite a mess, but Season 3 was even worse. Many outrageous storyline that is impossible in real life. I’m just glad the show ended and those that should die, have died. Lol.

Rating: 1/5

14/9/21 Tues: Did a short 15 minutes of wheel yoga stretch session with kassandra on Youtube this morning to try to counter the DOMs after Pilates yesterday. It is a challenge to roll all the way back and have my legs flat on the ground but I will work slowly towards that goal

Had assam curry fish, Chinese spinach and herbal chicken soup at mum’s before going to my aerial class. It was frustrating to not be able to bring my right leg over and easily up in the straps as I was standing on my left leg on the strap at the same time. Luck was on my side twice, so I managed to strike the final pose… though a little awkward looking there haha. *Ouch I got a slight rope burn on my right index and ring finger as I slipped down too fast without loosening the grip a little.*

Also, I have used Fresh products for the past few years, and much as I love the freebies that came with every bulk purchases I made, their hefty price tags are not wallet-friendly in the long run, so I was looking around at other alternative brands like Medicube, but Yours Skincare had such heavy marketing on social media, so I “succumbed” to them in the end lol~

Their products are cheaper compared to Fresh, and I always have this thing for “customised” stuff. Took a skin assessment test on their website to get their day and night serum and moisturiser set ($115) which they stated could last for about 3 months. Since it was 9.9 sale, I also bought their cleanser, toner, sunscreen, eye serum and one extra moisturiser ($116) on Shopee.

I like their packaging, environmentally green, cruelty-free concept with products from Switzerland. But ultimately, I hope Yours work well for my skin so I can stick to one brand that’s affordable. *I’m quite lazy when it comes to skincare, and I hate having to search for different brands and products. I prefer to stick to a routine for as long as possible, though Alina once said your skin would one day get used to the product you’d been using, and then it becomes ineffective for the skin already.*

*rRandom lLaugh: I heard “merlion” and then “orchestra” in my sleep yesterday… “3D stereo” omg haha~*

Comments