Tiong Bahru Bakery with Carol + Aircon piping installation & MBS 2D1N stay with Alina and HT + 《心动的信号3 》& pendant light & curtains with Potato + Ding Tai Fung with sec sch friends +《我们的乐队》+《爵迹》+《冷血狂宴》+《摩天大楼》+ 《我的儿子是死刑犯》+《刻在你心底的名字》+ Jess's early bday dinner @ Momma's Kong + countdown @ SS and John's + 2020 Reflection & 2021 Resolution

16/12/20 Weds: Was pouring when I reached Tiong Bahru Plaza but luckily Carol got her chauffeur to drive us to Tiong Bahru Bakery where Gideon is working at as intern Barista. Random weekday hi-tea hours but there were still queues. Their almond green tea croissant was not bad. Gideon made mocha for me... but let's just say he "spider" coffee art he made still has got room for improvement! Carol and I were on about Gideon's improvement at work and personally, her pilates exercise, her maids and her newly-bought 5-bedroom condominium on the 42nd-storey of Artra~ a whooping 250 square metres for $4.7million! *Got Gideon his favourite Percy Pig gummies from Marks and Spencer for his birthday too.*

Potato started experimenting with Twitch streaming and so I joined his test stream that night. There was a small pool of viewers from around the world, some he'd already knew previously. *They all sounded very supportive and nice.* I am new to Twitch myself, and I cannot wait to see more of my talented hubby's musical performance online! *He will stream his games too, but I probably get giddy after a while watching that lol.*

17/12/20 Thurs - 18/12/20 Fri: Daniel sent photos of piping done up for the aircon by Andrew's workers on Thursday morning... looked fine. Meanwhile, Alina, mum and I met for some fish head bee hoon for lunch at新源记at Bugis, before going down to MBS tower 3 for check-in into our 2D1N staycation. *They've got a new time-slot booking system for the check-ins now.*
Managed to check-in to the 39th floor at 2pm or so I think... and city view for us again!
The weather was bright and sunny for a while, before it turned dark and rained later that afternoon. The three girls spent the time in our room making DIY coasters bought from mylindesignco... a birthday gift for Alina from us two. I'm not a creative person when it comes to handicrafts, so I kept it simple I guess!


We headed to Fresh at Raffles City for Alina to get her facial products, and then accompanied HT to find swimwear for our session at the infinity pool that night... phew she found one! Took a bus to Noodle Star K that Alina wanted to try! I did not have a good experience the first time I ate cold noodles in Seoul, so I was a little skeptical, but the spicy bibim naeng myeon tasted delicious. Our seafood kalguksu was good too. It was my first time trying jajangmyeon as I have always avoided eating one portion on my own as it looks super gelard to me. They have the one with green noodles, and it was not bad an idea to share it among us three! The kimchi pork dumpling was okay... something my mum bought from the market and cooked at home before haha.
 

The two then went to get matcha cruffin and burnt cheesecakes from Keong Saik Bakery for breakfast. Back we went to MBS for our infinity pool session at 9.30pm! Had to choose one part of the pool for that one-hour and we were updated of Alina's "current dating life" hehe~ HT嘴巴痒and ordered a cheese pizza from Lavo for supper lol. *I'm no fan of cheese but they insisted I should have a small piece.*

Had cruffin and the complimentary chocolate cake from MBS for Alina as breakfast on Friday morning. Wanted to go for lunch at Koh Sushi but was stunned by the long queue at Wisma Atria after check-out, so we randomly settled on a Japanese eatery at the basement of Ion Orchard. I had the plain udon with dipping sauce... tasted meh-meh though the udon was springy! *Also bought the teriyaki chicken sandwich ($4.80) from B4 of Four Leaves because WZ said it resembled the one sold at Ngee Ann Poly's atrium cake shop last time... well the taste definitely reminded me of poly days!*

20/12/20 Sun - 21/12/20 Mon: YB's dad delivered some ang ku kuehs over for Ethan's 100th day celebration~ Mum used to forbid us as kids to eat "red eggs" as the superstition is that kids will get "zero" in exams if they eat that, without first rolling it under a table... don't ask me why.
Had dinner with my in-laws on Sunday night and after Potato and I chatted for a while with birthday boy Ian and PY, we finished watching《心动的信号3 》together!
是啊,一部“青春偶像剧”哈哈。恋爱才刚要萌芽的阶段嘛,都美好。三个男生里面我第一眼印象最好的是薛逸星。陈延迪和扎西彭措也都好看啦,但我眼睛“吃冰淇淋”的话还是偏薛逸星这一型。*很开心他最后选择了活泼开朗的钟佩妍并配对成功,因为郑琴心感觉太情绪化了一点。* 陈延迪和扎西彭措两男争一个姚沐希,长相纯真柔弱的那种。她最后和扎西彭措配对了,可惜异地恋没能维持下去。口腔卫生师陈延迪是为姚沐希做了很多啦,感觉他很善良,还蛮容易哭的lol。
看了韩版和中国版本的几季了,友达以上,恋人未满的阶段是很有趣的。*谢谢老公也陪我看~顺道多了解我们彼此对感情的看法!*
 
Rating: 3.5/5
 
PotaTOHs went to Deluxe Home Furnishing at Woodlands to look at their roller blinds and curtain packages for West Plain residents. We are planning to have night curtains in our master bedroom and one of the common bedrooms, and roller blinds for living room and study. Sylvester quoted us $940 in all, but we have not decided on them yet. Bought our pendant light for dining area for $230 at the lighting shop in the same building too.

22/12/20 Tues: Did the "mini skirt" pose tonight in aerial class. I could only achieve the pose for one side, got to work harder for the other! YJ... had a fun time too I believe haha!

23/12/20 Weds: YB got me a floral hair oil from Bloom for Christmas and I gave her some tea from QiCha! I lack one anyway, so let's see if it works well for me!

24/12/20 Thurs: PH randomly asked for lunch, and so YL, Jess and I joined her at Ding Tai Fung at JEM. It's been a while since I met up with all of them, so we caught up with each others' recent updates, before Ben joined us over coffee at Koufu. *YL's bought at 2-bedroom unit at Whistler Grand and PH's expecting a baby boy due next June!*

看完《我们的乐队》了!赞!

我不会玩乐器,平时就只是卡拉OK唱唱歌的人,所以谢霆锋、萧敬腾和王俊凯(这位年轻偶像我倒是留下印象了。。。幽默又懂音乐。我以前都不知道谁是TFBoys)讲太技术性的东西时我未必听得明白,但音乐终究是主观的东西,尤其《我们的乐队》要做的还是针对大市场的音乐。我还特意去听了多一遍,喜欢的好多都列下:曹旭组 《三行情书》、郑伟杰组 《不值得》、《无法逃脱》、《R&B All Night》、郑洛宇组 《日不落》、《为爱痴狂》、倪琰宸组 《隔壁泰山》、《执着》、《Don't Break My Heart》、郑安伟组 《123我爱你》、郭翰龙组 《无名之辈》、姜姗组 《小镇姑娘》。
后来确定组团后,我喜欢的就有七赫兹 《给你看》、《归零》、《与你无关》、with萧敬腾 《皮囊》,Tarzan 《都选C》、《We Can Find the Way》、《如果明天就是世界末日》、《Far Away》,MiLK 《Better Together》,EzGoin 《没什么遗憾,只要追着光》、《别怕,往前》,火山派对阿!融化冰淇淋 《C'est la Vie》,Yes!夜视男女孩with李荣浩 《作曲家》,星火飞行器 《末日漂流》、 《心的山海》和《过敏》。
最后冠军是Tarzan,我觉得也挺实至名归的。他们做的音乐就算口味重一点也还是很主流,亚军星火飞行器也是。*五月天也会老啊,需要更多像他们这么有才的棒棒乐团!*
我本来就喜欢爵士、摇滚和流行乐,R&B也挺不错的,但对西方(以前都不知道东方也有)的重金属音乐没好感。。。一直觉得听了头疼。听了郭翰龙组/七赫兹的表演后不但不觉得反感,反而很喜欢lol! 感觉所谓的重金属摇滚就是比较重口味的摇滚而已,我绝对可以接受。但音乐除外,歌词对我来说也和重要。像《无名之辈》就很有意义,我也喜欢比较正面的歌词,过分黑暗的、宣扬死亡、瘟疫什么的我不屑。嗯。。。大概只有电子乐是我还需要时间学会欣赏的音乐类型吧。

Rating: 4/5

Decided to catch《爵迹》and《冷血狂宴》after knowing that王俊凯has a role in the latter movie. Also, the use of CG made the actors look some Final Fantasy characters haha.

电影系列改编自郭敬明的同名小说。传说中的神话奥汀大陆分为水、风、火、地四个国家,每个国家都有精通魂术的人,其中最厉害的七个被称为王爵,继承他们的被称为使徒。水国普通男孩麒零(陈学冬饰)在一场魂术师的战斗内离奇地收服了苍雪之牙,过后被七度王爵银尘(吴亦凡饰)收为使徒。他在[魂冢]结识了五度使徒—鬼山莲泉(范冰冰饰)以及六度使徒—天束幽花(林允饰)。三人无意闯入[尤图尔遗迹],幸得三度王爵—漆拉(汪铎饰)拯救。

另一方面,四度王爵—特蕾娅(郭采洁饰)受白银祭司托付,带领四度使徒—霓虹(李治廷饰)去协助二度王爵—幽冥(陈伟霆饰)以及二度使徒—神音(杨幂饰)去追杀五度王爵—鬼山缝魂(严屹宽饰)和一名神秘苍白少年(王源饰)。而缝魂则来到[永生岛]寻找六度王爵-西流尔。得知消息的莲泉等人立刻前往[永生岛],当所有的王爵使徒全部聚集在一起的同时,水国隐藏的秘密也渐渐浮出水面。 

我挺喜欢的。虽然画面有时候有些杂,打斗画面乱了点,但有一些搞笑的对白哈哈。
 
Rating: 3.5/5

And another悬疑剧《摩天大楼》down for me! The concept is similar to "Murder on the Orient Express", deducing the real murderer from a group of suspects connected to the death of钟美宝(Angelababy饰).

改编自陈雪同名小说的《摩》讲述了摩天大楼内发生了一起离奇命案,刑警队长钟敬国(郭涛饰)和搭档杨蕊森(杨子姗饰)勘破层层迷雾,揭开命案真相的故事。其他人物都和
钟美宝有关系,但这其中关系又是不是如他们所说的那样?每两集的焦点在一个人物身上,让观众去猜测,去累积“提示”。

到后面我一度以为结局真的那么“烂”,可是那一刻正好让人反省究竟“正义”帮的是什么?这场悲剧是一个人为,是否可以就惩罚他呢?

Rating: 4.25/5

台湾纪录片《我的儿子是死刑犯》访问了死刑犯、后来被无罪释放的死囚、家人、辩护律师们、监狱官等,给观众看到了狱所的真实情况。死囚之一的陈昱安用橡皮筋在被单下自缢,他砍死了父亲,被鉴定精神有问题,对身边的人恨之入骨,母亲都希望他被处死。可是从他写的信件来看,会不会是成长的环境(父母的教养、祖父母的宠溺等)也导致他变成这样子?轰动台湾一时的郑捷捷运杀人案件,被告就希望靠杀人来得到死刑(讲难听一点,他要死可以自寻短见,为什么要拖陌生人下水?),自始至终都不希望父母被牵连进去、看到他父母跪求社会原谅的画面真的很让人心碎。社会说的“同理心”或许只是针对大部分人而已。

第一个死刑犯说他犯案的时候就是“冲动”。在这冲动之前,要想后果,不然也得想想家人吧?“死刑”就是惩罚,就是让大众信服法律,但要说它带给社会什么?我也不知道。 

Rating: 4/5

有天在看许光汉的新闻,不知道怎么地就找到了曾静骅和陈昊森的访问,才知道他们主演了《刻在你心底的名字》。想看一阵子了,因为有帅哥lol。

张家汉(陈昊森饰)结识了转校生王柏德(曾敬骅饰),后者古灵精怪,不知不觉让家汉喜欢上了他。但在刚解严的台湾大背景下,社会仍把“同性恋”看作一种病,两人即便相互喜欢也不敢说,尤其看似作风大胆冲动的柏德,在这方面确实比家汉懦弱,还找了个女朋友做掩饰、尝试“矫正”自己。电影也拉进了神父的角色(最后发现原来他也是gay),由家汉质问为何“爱一个(男)人”是罪?很有趣的观点,但我不清楚宗教的直接观点,所以不多谈。

我看访问的时候觉得曾敬骅帅,但看了电影后发现陈昊森真的不赖,眼睛有戏,真的有点像金城武哈哈。两位演员都演活了高中生的天真无邪(他们也真的很年轻啦~)和纯纯的初恋,看了真的为相爱但不能在一起的他们感到心疼、可惜。几十年后,两人在国外再相遇,中年的家汉(戴立忍饰,我看《白色巨塔》时就很喜欢这个老戏骨了)和柏德(王识贤饰)也都演得到位,神态神似年轻的两位。主题曲“刻在我心底的名字”当然也很好听,只是Netflix的版本好像剪掉了一些片段,我得去找来看嘻嘻。

电影里神父提到:“Profiter du moment”,活在当下。导演要表达的是“关乎爱情、无关性别”的爱情故事,毕竟台湾从以前到现在讲同性的话题已经进步好多了,就连同性婚姻都立法了。新加坡也有Pinkdot,但我们在这方面还有考量,所以还落后些。

我们的爱情不分种族、不分国籍、也不该分性别。谁都应该勇敢去追爱。

Rating: 4/5

27/12/20 Sun: Daniel sent photos over after the first layer of painting is done! I wanted one side of the walls in each space to be painted green. Now, onwards to vinyl, carpentry and then the second layer of paint!

29/12/20 Tues: Not my day at work. Tripped myself before I went into office and chipped one corner of my handphone's screen protector, could not get an interview with a trainer, accidentally locked myself out of my work account after three wrong tries of the password and despite me emailing the Pools Helpdesk and calling up their hotline thrice, no one picked up... tsk tsk. "Consolation" of the day that brightened me up was us doing a new "sail" pose in aerial yoga tonight! I only did one side twice as it took a while to memorise the steps and opening up the straps to become a hammock. Thought my "sail" could be straighter as my right leg had the tendency to bend backwards after I lie downwards, but it was a good effort anyway! 
30/12/20 Weds: Found out that Rocket Star bled after the trials... a pity. Anyway, after tuition with Joshua, I met Jess for shopping at The Form before we took a bus over to Momma Kong's for her 32nd birthday dinner in advance. We were the first customer at 5.30pm, and they were pretty prompt in whipping up the dishes. Cucumber with lemon zest was good as a starter, their三杯鸡was too salty, deep fried brocolli was unexpectedly yummy, and the red chilli crab ($58), which was the "star dish", was not as spicy as I thought it would be. The fried mantou was huge, but it was only so-so... I think I've had even nicer chilli crab very very long ago... haha. *Saw a couple having their bee hoon crab though which looked good~ maybe can try in future!*

We were so full that I told her we'd have to take a "very slow walk" to the matcha dessert place at The Central... and we only took 10 minutes even with our "tortoise speed"... It was interesting seeing the stretch along Mosque street was filled with Chinese restaurants, then a turn into another corner it was Malay food, and one more turn it was Indian food haha~ we were joking we'd travel the world in "minutes" in Singapore itself haha!
The hojicha ice-cream was nice. I think I would prefer hojicha over matcha now haha!
31/12/20 Thurs: Really busy day with interview, article and translation, and I still haven't finish work till before I went out in the evening. Potato and I met SS, John and YJ at Waterway Point to get dinner at the Koufu there. John recommended peranakan dishes, and it was really good! The mala fries from Mac was okay for me. We believe the three of them had fun playing Unlock: The Dragon's Seven Tests after that haha.
YJ left at 10+pm, while the two couples continued with Mayday concert with tea and desserts into the night. First countdown at SS's, but it was not like a "rah-rah" one because we're all feeling the sleepiness~ 中年人了lol~ Took Grab back to Potato's on the first night of 2021!

The Covid-plagued 2020 is coming to an end. What an upside down year for everyone. Work-From-Home began in mid-April till early December for me, and my lifestyle has changed somewhat, and for the better thankfully. I incorporated the cardio exercises on Fitbit into my weekday mornings and also started on 30 minutes of平甩功 daily followed by simple mindfulness exercises since two or three months ago. Also did two DIY number paintings, some simple songs on Ukulele for a while, read books and as well as two trial classes of Spin at Axiom and Gyrotonic. Began my own ETFs and bond investments on FSMONE and Philips which I have to monitor in the long term, given the outside situation now.

PotaTOHs are now in the midst of renovating our nest, and it should be ready for move-in by CNY period. We have saved enough for renovation and furniture, so moving forth it will be for household and daily expenses! *More two-gether time in future, so here's to more exercising, cooking, planting, music session, cycling, swimming etc activities!* Work-wise, the Club is pretty badly impacted by Covid-19, with no punters allowed at races for the weekly meetings now, so they're cutting cost everywhere. No matter their situation, I am looking at courses that I am interested to take up next year. *jiayou to my VO jobs and embarking on lyrics-writing!*  

Most importantly, something I stress every year, to love, cherish, spend time and be more understanding towards my family and love ones than before. They are the people worth the time in my life; their happiness is my happiness.

It's a pity but leisure travelling does not look like it will return to normal anytime with Covid-19 around, I'm not planning for that for now, but my dream of visiting Iceland, Switzerland, New Zealand, Bhutan, Taiwan etc remains.

Step aside, 2020. Moving on, 2021.

Comments