VIP + Time Table cafe with Ben + Aloha Poke with Potato + Tonkotsu Kazan ramen & HeyTea with Alina & HT + Menya Kokoro with Potato + Congee Legend with in-laws + Potatoh’s anniv wedding photoshoot & hiking & shopping + Donburi King & Tipsy Bird with MM & Andre

Thanks to "집사부일체", I watched the K-drama "VIP", starring이상윤and장나라.
This is a mystery thriller surrounding Sung Un department store that deals with VIP aka super rich customers in Korea. The story unfolded when나정선 (장나라) saw a mysterious text message that revealed that her husband and boss at work, 박성준 (이상윤) was cheating on her with a female colleague in their team. The drama was filmed in a way you'd have to guess who amongst the three other ladies was the third party... but it was revealed somewhere before the middle of the drama la. Meanwhile, there were lots of flashback scenes looking at the couple's life before the downturn, and how they once lost a child before too. Tormenting, and it took a toll on both, and then온유리 (표예진), the illegitimate daughter of the vice president of the company happened to find out about박성준's similar plight, and I guess the latter began an affair with her, not so much out of love but more of taking pity on her though, and in a way affirming that their presence isn't anything wrong to begin with. *Alamak~ wrongdoings of the earlier generation...*
So much about revenge from나정선till she found it pointless, and in the end, the leads went separate way. It was bittersweet, but I reckon a suitable ending. 장나라's such a baby-faced actress, but I thought she portrayed the character rather well. 이상윤is my new bias at the moment LOL (he's so smart and somewhat cute in "집사부일체" and "Handsome Tigers"), and though many audience were already throwing rotten eggs at his character, I thought it wasn't entirely his fault either. Yes ,he was greedy for recognition at work, which partly led to him going astray, but it was more so the couple did not communicate enough when they were going through down times. 박성준kept his emotional breakdown to himself thinking he was being thoughtful to the wife, while나정선only buried herself in her sorrows.

Rating: 3.25/5

2/3/20 Mon: Met Ben for dinner at Time Table café. Had a good chat since it's been some time since we met. *他聊到不想回家咯lol~*
3/3/20 Tue: Felt my left hip ache while doing the warrior pose. No wonder I’d been feeling tight in my left upper back these two weeks... must have affected the neck and lower back too tsk. Time to do some back stretches myself.
7/3/20 Sat: My hubby met me for dinner at Aloha Poke at Westgate. Love the raw salmon as usual~ and it's quite filling, despite not being the cheapest aloha poke I ever had. *我们轮流“展现”眯眯眼哦哈哈~*
9/3/20 Mon: HT, Alina and I had dinner at Tonkotsu Kazan Ramen at JEM. I ordered their spicy shoyu volcano ramen and er nothing wow about the preparation method nor the food imo. It was kind of salty.
The ladies headed over to HeyTea for a drink and we chatted about HT's married life, Alina's back-to-single and work life. It's funny how we're at the same age, but probably at somewhat different phases of life now. Yet, I enjoy how we could share talks casually.
10/3/20 Tues: Did flips tonight. Front leg hamstring stretch isn’t difficult for me if done on a regular basis, but my left upper back muscle has been pretty tensed recently, and hence I couldn’t even lower myself to my usual level as my hamstrings felt somewhat weaker too. When we did the quadriceps stretch, my right leg was alright, but I felt the tension in the left upper back when I was doing my left though.
14/3/20 Sat: PotaTOHs enjoyed lunch at Menya Kokoro at 100AM mall after my tuition with Gideon was cancelled. Had a good chat about children and education, what I learnt from watching "집사부일체", as well as the current Covid-19 situation etc. 
15/3/20 Sun: Had Congee Legend at Yishun with in-laws after work as MIL wanted to try that. We did not expect it to be packed at the restaurant since Covid-19's rather serious nowadays. They gave a congee base, and we ordered the ingredients ala-carte. Quite nice neh!
16/3/20 Mon: And another series of PotaTOH's wedding photos to remember our anniversary! I love how bright and sunny the weather was, and the outdoor building gave off a European vibe somewhat (though I've never been to Europe lol~)
PotaTOHs went on a hike at Bukit Timah hill via Dairy Farm route since my university friends could not make it last minute. Took us close to two hours' to complete the hike up down this time maybe because we took the longer route up.
Had lunch at the coffee shop on lever 4 of Beauty World shopping centre. Potato was nice to order bah kut teh and spinach soup for us both to share! Then, we went to IMM to buy my Bioderma make-up remover and a new pair of sports shoes for my exercise classes as the one bought in Hanoi (4 years ago) and my New Balance sports shoes (5 years ago) were both worn out. Got myself a pair from PUMA ($89) and it felt comfortable after testing it out at my kickboxing class. *Cheers to active lifestyle!* We had dinner at the Korean stall at the basement of Westgate thereafter to end the day.
17/3/20 Tues: We did the first post with “skirts/curtains” haha! If the first inversion was done correctly, then the “wrap” around the thigh wouldn’t be painful at all and we could sit nice and tall! It was a pretty nice try imo. However, my left hip and back muscles were still not very flexible, and hence stretching out to my fullest was still impossible at times.
21/3/20 Sat: Potato, MM, Andre and I wanted to have Yakiniku for dinner at PLQ mall, but the queue was way too long, so we settled for dons at Donburi King. I had their unagi don and the rice was a lot! The sauce for the unagi was a bit salty too. Then, we headed over to Tipsy Bird, a contemporary bar. Had some drinks and listened to the duo band belt out English and Chinese songs... not bad! *Late birthday treat for MM!*
23/3/20 Mon: PotaTOHs went over to meet ID Daniel at his place in the afternoon. It was nice of him to provide sketches for us prior to quoting, and even showing us around his home to remind us of certain pros and cons of doing having certain carpentry or functions installed at home. 
24/3/20 Tues: Aerial yoga class's emphasis was on conditioning and stretches tonight. Focused on our hamstrings, glutes, core and legs in general. Did lizard pose after a long while, which I was happy to see slight improvement in, and even the half-leg splits! *It would be sad to see exercise classes stop because of Covid-19!*

Comments